Profile for Ann Taylor > Reviews

Content by Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor (Buckinghamshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)
Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Feb. 2016
Couldn't put it down. Characters well defined and believable. Thought provoking, intelligent writing with loads of lovely geographic descriptions. Can't wait to Merrily's next adventure!

Ruzzle Free
Ruzzle Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Ruzzle Free (App)
Have been playing for a couple of years and have made Ruzzle friends.Warning: Its addictive!

Flesh and Blood (The Scarpetta Series Book 22)
Flesh and Blood (The Scarpetta Series Book 22)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not excellent, 4 Nov. 2015
Excellent writing as ever, engaging us with characters that I am familiar with but giving brief backgrounds without over-egging it for those who don't. Lots of navel gazing and angst as ever. Will Kaye ever be happy? She has a handsome, intelligent husband, a nice house, an interesting job, a rescue dog and a caring niece, what more could she want?

Whilst I enjoyed the processes and as ever learnt more about forensics; in this case ballistics and sniper firing; I did find the end a bit rushed and not entirely satisfactory, as it so obviously was left for i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed in the next book.

First Thousand Words in Arabic
First Thousand Words in Arabic
by Heather Amery

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures - excellent pronunciation guide, 11 May 2015
Beautifully illustrated book with all the elements I remember from the English and French 1,000 words. My Arabic speaking Son-in-law is also very impressed with it and says the English script pronunciation guide is spot on! He reckons if I learn ll the words I will be able to speak Arabic, no problem!

Gateway to Arabic (Book 1)
Gateway to Arabic (Book 1)
by Imran Alawiye

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to learning Arabic, 11 May 2015
I bought this to help me learn some Arabic to share with my Grandson, whose Daddy is an Arabic speaker. Daddy was thrilled with the book and very impressed, I'm hoping he will augment the book, as it suggests you request the aid of an Arabic speaker when using it.

Everyday Words Flashcards: Arabic
Everyday Words Flashcards: Arabic
by Kirsteen Rogers
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 May 2015
Brilliant, cant wait to use them. Clear colourful images

My First Bilingual Book - Colours - English-Arabic (My First Bilingual Books)
My First Bilingual Book - Colours - English-Arabic (My First Bilingual Books)
by Milet
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little book with clear pictures in lovely colours, 11 May 2015
Beautiful little book with clear pictures in lovely colours! Perfect for my Grandson whose Daddy speaks and writes Arabic. A book we can all learn with.

Mah Jongg in a deluxe faux leather case
Mah Jongg in a deluxe faux leather case

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Product, 6 Mar. 2015
I was very pleased when I opened the case (although sadly the catches on the locks had broken in transit, the packaging was't up to protecting them) and found that the tiles were indeed of a very high standard. The box itself is very smart, despite the loss of catches and the racks for holding the tiles are excellent. I thought at first we had an untreated one but when I read the rule book I discovered it was so you could always identify the East wind player immediately, very useful.

There are 2 'how to play' booklets, one is better than the other! I have practised setting up play before playing with others.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2015 12:08 AM GMT

Woman (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Woman (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars So you sign up for free and then find you ..., 10 Nov. 2014
So you sign up for free and then find you have to pay 99p per edition. I feel swindled and want to delete this app. :-(
It should clearly state at the start that all downloads of editions will be chanrged.

The Letter
The Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. it was easy to read and it evoked so many emotions. It portrayed really well the thought processes of those women in abusive relationships, at least those I have known.

it also portrayed well the feelings of those who have been adopted. I could really empathise with the characters need to find his birth mother but his awareness of the potential hurt to the feelings of his adopted parents.

I was also interested to read about the treatment of young women in the convent. Shame on the Catholic church to condone such cruelty and for the families that colluded with it.

A good story,well written.

Page: 1 | 2