Profile for Jo > Reviews

75cm Silver Anti-Burst Birth Maternity Labour Birthing Gym Ball + Hand Pump
75cm Silver Anti-Burst Birth Maternity Labour Birthing Gym Ball + Hand Pump
Offered by New-Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than you think it is!, 19 Oct 2012
An excellent product with a really good, effective pump (not to be underestimated as a selling point)

Initially I thought I'd been sent the wrong one though - I believed I had inflated it to capacity, and it was nearer 65 than 75cm. Customer services advised me to leave it for a couple of hours and try again - and I'd be surprised how much more air I'd get in. I was indeed. A couple more attempts and a few hours later, and I had a 75cm ball.

A Sainsbury Cookbook: Students' Cookbook
A Sainsbury Cookbook: Students' Cookbook
by Sophie Grigson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but possibly not for students!, 17 Sep 2012
If you're a competent (not necessarily expert) cook and your kitchen cupboard is fairly well stocked - I can't recommend this book highly enough. It went off to university with me - luckily I could cook already, but many of the recipes were more "treats" than regulars because of the range of ingredients required. I'm now in my mid-30s, though, and have to say it's as well thumbed as ever. The Jambalaya and the Chicken in Black Bean Sauce are especial favourites - a forgotten (if slightly misnamed) gem

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 11 Aug 2012
These took forever to arrive - and then were of uneven lengths, both of which were shorter than the advertised 18". Return information involved sending it back to Utah. Fortunately after I contacted Amazon they refunded me the cost and postage, and I've thrown the two useless pieces of plastic (they didn't even come with hanging thread for the top one) away.

Raising Happy Children: What Every Child Needs Their Parents to Know - From 0 to 11 Years
by Jan Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous, 1 July 2011
I was lent a former edition of this book by my local children's centre and was so impressed by it I had to buy my own copy. It really is superb - a concise, well written and thoroughly researched book with a stellar cast of experts (real ones, not just celebrity pundits). There are things in there which will inform your parenting - like knowing what a child's brain is capable of understanding / processing at a particular age. Very good on babies but useful at all ages.

Konfidence My Babywarma Wetsuit: Pink 6-12 months
Konfidence My Babywarma Wetsuit: Pink 6-12 months

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little swimmers, 2 May 2010
My baby is learning to swim, and 8 out of the 10 mini-learners are wearing these. Made of wetsuit fabric to keep them snug, and lies flat for easy getting on and off. Would thoroughly recommend!

That's Not My Lion
That's Not My Lion
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars That's not my lion, 2 May 2010
This review is from: That's Not My Lion (Board book)
How the mouse gets away with owning a lion without being a pre-breakfast snack is anyone's guess, but another excellent book in the series.