Profile for Mrs. J. M. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. M. Thomas

Mrs. J. M. Thomas "Julia" (Wales)

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn [DVD]
The Angriest Man in Brooklyn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mila Kunis Robin Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars ridiculous storyline and terrible acting. We were so disappointed particularly because we ..., 16 Sep 2014
This is a truly awful film. The thinnest of plots, ridiculous storyline and terrible acting. We were so disappointed particularly because we love Robin Williams. It was so bad we stopped watching halfway through.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 11:20 PM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 Aug 2013
I bought these as a gift for my sister and wish I'd kept them. They are beautiful and the stones glow

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 14 Aug 2013
This is really pretty and makes me smile every time I use my I pod. Easy to applyand looks good

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, 14 Aug 2013
This is so pretty and the i pod classic really needs jazzing up. Easy to apply and cheers me up.

Daddy's Gone A-Hunting
Daddy's Gone A-Hunting

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired, 14 Aug 2013
A bit disappointed with it - good plot but the prose was a bit laboured and the characters were one dimensional. I think she was a bit bored with it herself.

Delia's Cakes
Delia's Cakes
by Delia Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Delia's Cakes (Hardcover)
I love Delia's cookbooks but this one was disappointing. The cakes were rather boring and being Welsh I'm a bit outraged by the inauthentic Welsh cake recipe. The whole book is a massive advertisment for certain cake tins (and no you don't need to spend that much money) and a certain brand of butter. When did Delia start believing that short cuts and blatant advertising are a good thing? - shame on her!

A Party in San Niccolo
A Party in San Niccolo
by Christobel Kent

1.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: A Party in San Niccolo (Paperback)
Title sounded good and the photograph looked intriguing. Sadly I was seduced by the cover, this is a plodding lifeless lump of prose which is taking me an age to read. Good plot and I want to see it through but I'm afaid I am bored with lucklusture descriptions and wooden characters.