Profile for Robbie > Reviews

Casio STR-300C-1VER Unisex Sport Runner's Watch
Casio STR-300C-1VER Unisex Sport Runner's Watch
Offered by TimeZone

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate, 18 Nov. 2012
Watch feels and looks good. It's a Christmas present, so haven't used it yet, but certainly looks the part and I'm sure my
grandson will love it, especially as it has a stop watch and he loves timing everything action he does, and waterproof so can
dive to the bottom of the pool wearing it! Delivered very promptly, in a nice gift box. Excellent service, as ever, via Amazon,
thank you. I'll be doing all my Christmas shopping via Amazon as hate the crowded Christmas shops.

The Great Nation: France from Louis XV to Napoleon: The New Penguin History of France
by Colin Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars French History, 29 July 2012
This is a very detailed French political history, covering the French Revolution. I'm rereading as it's
such a fascinating subject, but, you have to be committed to some deep reading, but, well worth it.

Marie Antoinette
Marie Antoinette
by Lady Antonia Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Fraser, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Marie Antoinette (Paperback)
A fabulous read about Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI and the French Revolution.
I love a book to get stuck into and this one of 600+pages is perfect. Marie
Antoinette's childhood is described in detail along with portraits and sketches of
her life. Her tragic ending well documented. I enjoyed the book so much, I
immediately began reading it again once I'd finished! Fab u lous, darling!
Robbie Wickenden.

Summer's Lease [DVD]
Summer's Lease [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Gielgud

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational Summer`s Lease, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Summer's Lease [DVD] (DVD)
John Mortimer`s book of the same title has always been a favourite of mine, and re-read it every summer: it`like a trip to Tuscany, without going there! The dvd is very faithful to this book, and I remember watching the TV mini-series years ago, thoroughly enjoying it. On re-watching it, it still delighted me: Gielgud is spot on as the old father, as is Leslie Phillips as Fosdyke, and, of course, the star of the dvd, Tuscany, is sublime. Real footage of the ancient horse race, the Palio, adds to the excellance. I`m now re-watching this, as I re-read the book, and I`m in heaven!