Profile for SithSurfer > Reviews

SithSurfer (Scotland)

Like A Virgin: Secrets They Won't Teach You at Business School
Like A Virgin: Secrets They Won't Teach You at Business School

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding read, 29 Jun. 2013
If you follow Branson's career this book won't be a very shocking one to you. However it has some great points that every entrpreneur should consider so dig in!

Mobile Phone Aerial/Antenna Signal Booster - 2nd Generation
Mobile Phone Aerial/Antenna Signal Booster - 2nd Generation
Offered by Direct-dental

1.0 out of 5 stars As I thought - it doesn't work, 21 April 2009
I admit - I've been a little bit desperate since signal strength in my flat is rather low. The amplifiers cost fortune so I've decided to try this booster and just as I thought, but not as I hoped, it simply does nothing. I've tested it with my Nokia E71, HDSPA modem, Samsung U600 - nothing has changed.

Therefore - if you wish to strengthen the signal in your place then you need a proper antenna for about £150 as this product is just waste of money.

Brother DCP-135C Compact Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer
Brother DCP-135C Compact Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars As a printer itself it isn't too bad, but when it comes to costs its awful., 5 April 2009
It basically does everything you can expect from a cheap all-in-one. Don't expect too high quality, but for basic home use, some say, it's pretty good buy. Some, not me. First of all it's annoying with its cleaning procedures when you need something printed out really fast - it sometimes takes up to 5 minutes before it really starts doing something useful. It can be pretty creepy as well when it decides to clean itself in the middle of the night. If you live in old Victorian flat/house you know what I mean.

Another and to be honest the biggest problem is that every time when it runs out of one of the colour cartridges it simply stops printing anything even in black. And that's not a fault, it is justified at the Brother support webpage.

What's weird is that I've been using it mostly for documents prints in BW and even though I've run out of yellow and blue. Providing that I've printed maybe 5-8 small graphics by mistake put it pretty far away from being cost-effective - set of four cartridges costs about £45. Quality of the graphics was also far from being great. Besides - if you really want your digital photos turned into a physical form it's more convenient to order the printouts in Jessops for example.

If you intend to print BW docs or print in BW in general I personally think that better solution would be getting a laser printer like HP Laserjet P1005 Printer. The only reason I'm keeping it is the scanner as I don't want to spend any more money on separate one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2011 12:45 PM GMT

Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black (Retail Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Cool looking, can't ask for more, can you?, 5 April 2009
Very comfortable and extremely cool looking gadget. It's perfect when you're on the move due to its folding ability plus thanks to its shape it's really helpful when doing PP presentations.

Can't tell much about battery life, but I've been using it for over 2 months daily and it's still up and running! It's also very discreet so it doesn't annoy anybody around you. Good value for money.

Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows XP Home, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect second laptop!, 5 April 2009
As it was said by many: great little travel companion. It's light, lasts on battery for ages (bought a backup one though - you never know where you'll end up!) - avg. 6h of normal web + Word use and it's very convenient to use due to very comfortable keyboard.

The screen is very bright even in strong sunlight. Perfect equipment for students use, finally I don't have to take my heavy 15'' Toshiba everywhere and easily throw away all the useless notepads.

The only downside of NC10 is its touchpad which can be a bit annoying when you don't have a mouse. Buying Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black solved the problem. Definitely worth recommending.