Profile for Domokun > Reviews

Domokun

Creative EP570 Earphones - Black
Creative EP570 Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative EP570 headphones, 26 Jan. 2010
Creative is a brand I trust, having bought several devices from them, but they weren't the first brand I considered when buying headphones. Trusting the Amazon reviews originally lead me to buy the Koss over-ears which have been very well received by Amazon customers. Personally, I found them uncomfortable, flimsy and cheap. You can read my review of that product if you want more.

So, despite having an expensive pair of headphones with a lifetime warranty, I bought these and I am not disappointed. Despite being over-ears, they do not leak sound or let too much noise in. They are comfortable and are shipped with 3 ear bars of different sizes. Also supplied is a black fabric case.

I'm no audio expert, but they appear to have a good balance and deep bass without distortion. They certainly do justice to my extensive collection.

They are symmetrical-ly corded, not the behind-the-head asymmetrical shape which I prefer. The connector jack is L shaped, not straight like the iPod headphones (and others), and fits very securely in my Zen.

Overall, brilliant.

Koss KSC75 Clip-On Stereo Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver/Black
Offered by DiscountDiscs

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugly, out-dated, brittle and over-rated, 3 July 2009
I wouldn't have needed to have owned many pairs of headphones (I have, as it happens) to know that these are not as good as their competition.

These headphones have had rave reviews, leading me only to think that Koss have had a hand in their high product rating.

Whilst the sound quality is good, they are no better than other headphones of the same price. The build quality is, however, far inferior. The cable is cheap, the ear-band to body connection is brittle and badly designed. The Y-shaped cable is outdated in comparison to asymmetric-shaped, I cannot imagine why anyone would choose the former over the latter if the choice was presented.

The headphones are over-sized, and stick out from the head far further than required, leaving you looking like an antenna. Once you've opened them and tried them on, you can't send them back to Amazon.

Don't believe the hype, don't believe the reviews. Find something else to spend your money on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2010 2:10 PM BST

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance

4.0 out of 5 stars LittleBigPlanet - In a world of it's own, 15 April 2009
This review is from: LittleBigPlanet (PS3) (Video Game)
As an experienced gamer, I was reluctant to buy a game that has been marketed straight at the kids/casual market. Media Molecule's 'World of Fart' TV adverts painted an immature and childish portrait of the game that alienated me as a 'serious' gamer.

After hearing only good things about the game from various trusted sources, and the wild price drop on the title, I picked it up on a whim, and I'm not regretting it now!

This title is beautiful in its own way, and MM have done themselves proud on the exceptional, if unoriginal level design. The levels are grouped thematically, with a half-baked, and somewhat unnecessary storyline roughly stringing the sections together.

If I had complaints, it would be the reliance on the User generated content, which, whilst hailed as the driving force for the next generation', ends up being disappointing. Wading through many, many levels to find a real gem becomes boring very quickly, and the heaps of 'free stuff!' levels clog the system no end.

Overall, this game is worth the cash, but don't expect anything totally original, or longevity without sections of boredom.