Profile for Ashley Cridland > Reviews

Content by Ashley Cridland

Ashley Cridland (London, UK)

The Lord of the Rings (3 Book Box set)
The Lord of the Rings (3 Book Box set)
by Brian Sibley

5.0 out of 5 stars simply awe inspiring, 12 Dec. 2000
The first time I read this book was with my mother at about 13 years old. I feel privileged to have had a parent with such good taste. Having read it at an early age I still catch myself gazing out of the window daydreaming of parts of the adventure. Not having my nose in this book is similar to feeling EXTREMELY homesick. The magnificence of this book is made more so when you appreciate that The Hobbit, a book in itself and again by Tolkien, is actually the preface of The Lord Of The Rings. It is here that we find out the reason behind why a certain Bilbo Baggins is in possession of the very object LotR revolves around. LotR is the only book I have had a universal response from when brought up in conversation. The mere mention of Gandalf or Bilbo / Frodo Baggins and faces light up and people are lost for words in describing just how good this book is and reminiscing upon any and every part. Often this is followed my group daydreaming and a common desire to go back to and re-read the book dreams are made of.

Modern Classics: The Greatest Hits
Modern Classics: The Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding. Simply the best album I've ever purchased, 4 Feb. 2000
I bought this album on the strength of one song (You Do Something To Me). Had I realised how amazing this album is, my justification of buying it would have been more substantial. If you're thinking about buying it, don't think at all. Just buy it knowing that you'll be missing out on a compilation album of one of the best songwriters of the past couple of decades. I simply can't speak highly enough of this album!