Profile for Mrs Claire McArthur > Reviews

Content by Mrs Claire McA...

Mrs Claire McArthur

Frostfire Mooncode 1555 Portable Key Storage Security Lock
Frostfire Mooncode 1555 Portable Key Storage Security Lock
Offered by Innovationstore
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super durable product, highly recommend., 14 Sep 2014
This is such a great product. I do running races a lot and use this to attach my car keys to the underside of my car so that I don't have to carry them when I'm running.

SAUCONY Grid Fastwitch 5 Ladies Running Shoes, Red/White/Blue, UK7.5
SAUCONY Grid Fastwitch 5 Ladies Running Shoes, Red/White/Blue, UK7.5
Offered by altonsports- Run and Fitness Store
Price: 65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing comes up very small., 14 Sep 2014
Size 7.5 were tiny. Great service from the seller who swapped them for a bigger size. If you're new to Saucony shoes I would recommend ordering a size up.

Panasonic RP-HJE 120 E1-K black
Panasonic RP-HJE 120 E1-K black
Offered by British_Bargains
Price: 7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for running, 11 Feb 2014
I run about 60 miles per week (I'm a serious competitive runner) and these don't fall out and are very comfy. The music can be turned up nice and loud and even in rain these don't fall out my ears. I've bought several pairs but am still actually on my first pair as they haven't worn out like other makes have in the past.

CORE STRENGTH FOR RUNNERS Carmichael Training Systems
CORE STRENGTH FOR RUNNERS Carmichael Training Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tough workout DVD for runners, 11 Feb 2014
I was initially not sure about buying this as it's a pricy DVD for just 30 minutes of activity. However I've been doing the DVD several times a week for the last month and already I can notice a difference in my posture, stomach (much more toned) and running strength. On first glance the exercises seem basic and easy but once you actually get down to doing them they are tough and I couldn't finish the whole thing the first time I tried it (and I am a serious competitive runner with many wins to my credit from 3k to first place in a marathon and I average about 60 miles per week). You don't need any specific equipment although a swiss ball would be useful.

Quick Strength for Runners: 8 weeks to a better runner's body
Quick Strength for Runners: 8 weeks to a better runner's body
by Jeff Horowitz
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow book for all runners, 11 Feb 2014
I am a serious competitive runner and was looking for a book to help explain what exercises I could use as cross-training for strength and conditioning work. This book is easy to follow and has lots of exercises (and an 8-week plan) which cover all aspects of strength training for runners. All the exercises can be completed without access to a gym, i.e. in your own home and no equipment is needed (although advanced options are also included and some require basic equipment like a medicine ball but you could easily substitute a big can of beans or another hand weight). I like this book.