Profile for Russell Boulter > Reviews

Preaching?
Preaching?
Price: 6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars a very healthy and hearty meal, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Preaching? (Kindle Edition)
Alec Motyer knows his bible and loves God. He has clearly practiced preaching and this book contains all the wisdom of hard experience, deep understanding and a kind and wise heart.It is practical and grounded but has a clear eye on the transcendent significance of preaching the words of God.I am really interested in preaching.There are some things he said I didn't agree with but I know enough to know when I am in the presence of someone closer to Jesus than I am, so I gladly kept going and was fully rewarded. If preachers took this book to heart there would be a revival.Simple as that. Personally it has impressed on me my need to read the bible and pray if I want to enjoy intimacy with God.

Who is the Holy Spirit?: 13 (Crucial Questions Series)
Who is the Holy Spirit?: 13 (Crucial Questions Series)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars clear as a bell.Easy to read.concise and simple., 27 Feb 2014
This book has been profoundly helpful to me in both my thinking about and understanding of the Holy Spirit, the bible,the trinity and How to relate to God in an authentic and intimate way.It is like taking a breath of clean fresh air . Elegant in its demolition of foolish behaviour and shallow thinking within Christendom and conscious of the biblical riposte to the philosophies of our time.very very helpful.

Legacy
Legacy
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Legacy (Kindle Edition)
You don't have to like sport to learn from and enjoy this book.it is about courage and meaning. Finding your strength and creating your story are the central challenges of this book.be a good ancestor.plant a tree who's shade you will not see.an antidote to secular materialism and a shout towards something more ancient and more free.

Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices
Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Feb 2014
For every new book you read,read at least two old ones. Otherwise you will be lost in the blind spots of the culture of your time.chronological snobbery being one of them. This is beautifully written and has all the wonderful rhetorical device and coinage of phrase that belonged to the 17th century. This book shocked and delighted me.Things I had just vaguely started to perceive in my life as temptations and snares were brought to light and the theological clarity of his argument is always matched by his emotional passion for Jesus. Very practical advice and help.Be transformed by he renewal of your mind as the apostle Paul said.This is one of those books. For the person who has just started to follow Jesus, or the seasoned disciple this book is very helpful.

Mere Christianity
Mere Christianity
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing read., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mere Christianity (Kindle Edition)
Recently re-read this aged 50. When I first read it aged 18 it was like having my eyes opened to a world of possibility, this time it felt like an invitation to an adventure.in the sharp light of his reasoning so much of what else I have read on the topic of faith/ atheism is mere twaddle in comparison.beautiful,life affirming.it's origin was a series of talks given to fighter pilots about to fly into battle in the Second World War.it will continue to be read as long as there are sincere people who want to think honestly about Jesus.looking forward to my third read in thirty years.

God's Great Dance Floor Step 02
God's Great Dance Floor Step 02
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin keeps bringing it, 7 Oct 2013
This is a shockingly good collection of songs.Melodic, stupidly catchy and on songs like "Angel (For Anna)" and "Emmanuel" very tender and moving.The production is fresh and casually hops over through and around the genres of rock,dance and soul.It retains the classic structures of great hymn singing belt out loud mass anthems and has all the quirky independent soul searching qualities of an artist on a quest.Martins voice is as good as anything else he has ever done.This feels like another step forward and I suspect it will be a staple in my house in the next few months.
My friend Stanley Camshaft who doesn't usually listen to this style of music said on hearing "Emmanuel" that it almost made him cry.
Stunning.

Invisible Empire
Invisible Empire
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Song, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Invisible Empire (MP3 Download)
What a great set of songs.KT has the focus on the singing and the result is an intimate and emotionally powerful set of recordings.Her best yet in my view.Invisible empire is a masterpiece.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, great price., 3 Sep 2013
This is a really good work shirt.It feels like it's a lot more expensive than it actually is.Very pleased with it.Great quality at a really competitive price.

An Introduction to the Lightning Process: The Complete Strategy for Success
An Introduction to the Lightning Process: The Complete Strategy for Success
by Phil Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 22 Feb 2012
This book changed our life.My wife had been ill for three years with CF/ME and after applying the LP recovered very quickly.I think Phil Parker is a genius and I found his ten questions book really insightful as well.If you want to know what all the fuss is about then read it and make up your own mind.As for me I go back to this book a lot.It's a really clever combination of great coaching stories, NLP, and very useful information about cognition and the relationship between the mind and the body.Great stuff!