Profile for Glyn > Reviews

Content by Glyn

Glyn

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars works a treat, 6 Dec. 2012
I was hugely sceptical about this cable after reading that 3rd party cables don't work but I've just charged my phone with it and can happily confirm that this one does. It cost me around 20% of the cost from apple and so I'm about to buy a couple more.

BLACK IPHONE 3G 3GS "IN-CASE" PERFORATED SNAP CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES
BLACK IPHONE 3G 3GS "IN-CASE" PERFORATED SNAP CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES

1.0 out of 5 stars feels like the genuine article but not as durable, 9 Aug. 2011
I bought this item as a replacement for a perforated incase cover I bought from the apple store. My original one lasted over a year taking many knocks and drops before it eventually lost so many pieces that, while it would still attach, it wouldn't stay still on my phone. This item looks and feels almost identical although it's a slightly tighter fit and on close inspection the quality of the moulding is not quite as good as my first one. After reading the other reviews on here I had high hopes and was pleased to have found a replacement at a fifth the price of the one from apple. However, this purchase lasted me only around a week before it started to fall apart, and without any drops or knocks - it seems that just being on my iphone and in my pocket is too much of a strain. Where the corners have cracked and snapped off it's clear that the new one is made of while plastic that has a rubbery black coating, unlike the original which was the same rubbery black plastic throughout. I guess you get what you pay for but I was disappointed.

Digital Additions® Portable Power Supply & Battery Extender Charger for Apple iPhone iPhone 4S, 3G iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod, iPod Touch, Nano + any iPod with a standard Dock Connector Port)
Offered by Digital Additions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars really handy, 30 July 2010
Great item if you're away from mains power and want to do anything other than have your iphone standing by. Around 4 full charges from 4 AA batteries