Profile for C. R. Loveday > Reviews

Content by C. R. Loveday

C. R. Loveday "nomadsoul" (UK)

The England's Dreaming Tapes
The England's Dreaming Tapes
by Jon Savage

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book about Punk you'll ever need!, 24 Sept. 2011
I read the lead up book to this (Englands Dreaming) a few years back, which I thought was ok. When I saw this, the follow up, I wasn't sure if it was going to be just a retread of the first book. However I decided to buy it - and am I glad I did! Its ten times better than the first Englands Dreaming, takes you right back to those heady exciting days of Punk!
For anyone who was there (like myself- Hey my town even gets a mention when we were one of the few places not to ban the Anarchy Tour - Cleethorpes!!), and for anyone who loved the original and only Punk scene (1976/77), its a deff must! Brilliant read.

Skying
Skying

5.0 out of 5 stars They just get better!, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Skying (Audio CD)
Having only heard their last album Primary Colours (which I thought was a bit hit and miss) - I was looking forward to this album. I was not dissapointed! No filler - all killer! I can honestly say that since buying it its hardly been off my car stereo and iPod. The way these guys are maturing I can't wait for the next album! Buy it!

Stir The Blood
Stir The Blood
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of brilliant, 27 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Stir The Blood (Audio CD)
I cant help thinking that if The Bravery had released this the same time The Killers released Hot Fuss, they would be right up there with The Killers.Back then it was a case of The Killers or The Bravery??? There is not a duff track on this album - no filler - all killer (scuse the pun!). As someone else rightly said - if their record company promoted this they would have a massive hit on their hands, but its not going to happen...............so if anyone has ever remotely liked The Bravery's stuff - then BUY this - NOW! You wont be disappointed - I promise!