Profile for murray451 > Reviews

Content by murray451

murray451 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SODIAL(TM) Wireless Bike Computer Speedo Odometer Average Speed Maximum Speed Cycle Bicycle
Offered by Candy Lighting

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 18 months then died - good value I guess!, 5 Jun. 2014
My first wireless bike computer so it was good enough to figure out what I really needed, which functions I would use and which I wouldn't. Easy to fit and set up, cheap, worked for 18 months then the sensor died. I wouldn't buy another one of these but for me it was good value while it lasted.

Kit Paint Brush Stylus Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants, 4 Feb. 2014
Perhaps I've just gotten a Friday afternoon model but my experience is nothing like the five star reviews. The rubber tip split within a week of what I would consider medium use. The brush stays in once piece but is far too temperamental in my experience. Sometimes its superb, sometimes rubbish and there doesn't seem to be anyway to tell which it's going to be. Perhaps I've just been unlucky.

Just Mobile Upstand for iPad
Just Mobile Upstand for iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars For me, the best, 7 Jan. 2014
I'm with Nathan on this one. Ok, os you can't adjust the height, and the angle is fixed. You can't adjust the height or the angle on the original Apple iPad dock either. I personally don't find it a problem.

Everything else about this piece of kit is five star. The design, the build, the look. I looked around and in my opinion, this one is the best.

Growingold With BC: A Celebration Of Johnny Hart (Growing Old With B.C. Book 1)
Growingold With BC: A Celebration Of Johnny Hart (Growing Old With B.C. Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 11 April 2013
I'm sure the hard cover book is splendid, but the Kindle version is in my opinion very poor and smacks of someone making a quick buck out of the wonderful legacy left by Johnny Hart.

Just Mobile Cooling Bar
Just Mobile Cooling Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, and beautifully engineered, 11 April 2013
I have a MacBook Pro which gets hot underneath so this is my chosen solution. Like others, I'm thinking £25 for a metal bar? However, this is no ordinary metal bar, this is a beautifully engineered piece which perfectly matches the Mac it's been picked to go with. Not sure yet about it conducting heat but it certainly does the job of cooling by lifting the base of the Mac.

My critism is in the delivery. The item itself is boxed and packaged to a high standard. Amazon - was it really necessary to put the box in another box three times the size and then fill it with paper packing? Packaging overkill !!

That aside, great product, recommended.

Tomy Play to Learn Remote Controlled Whistle n Go Puppy
Tomy Play to Learn Remote Controlled Whistle n Go Puppy
Offered by CHBURNS

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It., 25 Feb. 2013
I love this toy. The way his little ears wiggle is just sooooo cute. I can make him do three point turns now, although this takes practice. The only problem is my kid, aged 2 1/2 keeps wanting to play with it and cries when I won't let her....., (Dad, aged 57)

Seagate ST9750420AS 750 GB Internal
Seagate ST9750420AS 750 GB Internal
Offered by Xtreme_Drives

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy !!, 25 Feb. 2013
Replacement for a failed drive in a MacBook Pro. Removal and replacement was quite straight forward, restore from the original os-x install disk and the time machine backup was very simple. The new disk however is very noisy, a low and constant hum, while the original was totally silent. Not that this would worry you on the train en route to the office, but in the quiet of the early hours, working on your masterpiece, it is very noticable. Reliability - time will tell. I have other Seagate's which have lasted several years without fault so I'm ever hopeful.

Smart Polaris 7 Lux Front with 1/2 Watt Rear Light Set - Battery Included (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery from Wheelies, 12 Oct. 2011
Ordered yesterday at around 3, arrived today mid- morning. Was expecting "2-3 days" but well impressed with Wheelies delivery times!

As for the lights, putting the batteries in the front light is a bit of a trick as already noted but otherwise they seem ok. Time will tell.

Winterland (Limited edition with bonus disc)
Winterland (Limited edition with bonus disc)

1.0 out of 5 stars Another poor offering from EH and Janie Hendrix, 3 Oct. 2011
It's hard for me to see how Eddie Kramer can put his name to this half-baked offering. This lone star isn't for the music, it's for the butchering. There were six shows at the Winterland and all of the music is available in some form or another. Why then cut half of it out? Why pass up an opportunity to do it right? Perhaps Janie is preparing us for the dissappointment that will, mark my words, be felt when the Royal Albert Hall is finally released, which will also have half of the set missing. Or more likely there'll be another deluxe deluxe supa-duper Winterland release in a year or so consisting of the complete shows, thus making her even more money. If Janie could concentrate a little less on "honor to the Master and Creator, our Father God", keep her religion to herself and focus on the musical legacy of one of the greatest players of all time, perhaps we'd get better. Or she could just resign and let someone who cares about the music take over......,
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 12:12 AM GMT

Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science
Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science
by Robert A. Katz

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob - Please write another book for the rest of us......,, 19 Feb. 2010
This is an amazing book. I have the first edition and the second and from them I surmise that Bob Katz is a genius. I also have A Brief History Of Time and from that I surmise that Sir Stephen Hawkin is also a genius. What these books have in common is that I understand well less than half of the content, and even so, perhaps a quarter of the content is relevant to me. And those relevant parts take some finding, buried as they are beneath a huge wealth of knowledge and technical brilliance.

So Bob, if you're reading this, please write me another book. You see, somewhere in your neighbourhood (or "neightborhood", depending where you come from) is some guy just like me. He's just as passionate about his music as you are, and has the best digital rig he can afford, perhaps a Mac Dual G5 running Cubase, a MOTU Firewire interface, a Yamaha power amp driving Tannoy monitors, and he's made the trip from teenaged hippy singer/songwriter to middle aged blues/jazz player, Martin 000-16 New Yorker to GIbson 335.

But he has a day job, a lovely wife and daughter with another on the way and simply isn't going to be allowed to turn his sitting room into an acoustically sound listening room. Nor sit in his "studio" (read "small, spare room") all night listening to his music. And yet he needs you even more than the professional mastering engineer - he needs to to be able to tap into your knowledge and skill in order to make the best of the time and equipment he has available.

Put yourself in his shoes and write another book please Bob and we non-professionals will thank you for it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2010 6:40 PM BST