Profile for Paul "NS1000" > Reviews

Content by Paul "NS10...

Paul "NS1000" (Somewhere in England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dream Theater [Vinyl 2Lp] [VINYL]
Dream Theater [Vinyl 2Lp] [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Just give it a few plays., 26 Sep 2013
I've gone back to vinyl because I'm sick of complaining of bad sounding CD's and this sounds great, even the FLAC download burned to disc sounds good so the retail CD is probably ok, hence why very few have moaned about it.

No need to go over what over reviews have said, been a follower since Awake, loved ADToE, hated BCaSL so all I'll say is give it time.

Yes I'm getting old and my hearing may be going but this is better than 99% of the crap out there these days.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2013 2:07 PM BST

PCW92ME 92" HD Projector Screen 16:9 Widescreen Matte White Electric Motorised w/ Remote Control
Offered by eHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe this., 23 July 2013
Wanted to change my manual screen for a while as it has seen better days. Read the reviews and was very worried, this can't be that good for under 80 notes, my old one nearly cost that. Need not have worried this is as good if not better than my old screen. Picture fills it, image is crisp and colourfull, and that's before you talk about it's automation. I decided to hang mine on hooks from a beam and it hangs true. The unit is solid and fixing it tight to something with the supplied bolts would probably stop a slight vibrating I get from the case when the screen has about a foot left to roll up. My motor is not noisy.

If I had to be picky it would be there's no manual override so if the motor dies your stuffed, but considering it's price it's a bargain.

Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 800grm
Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 800grm
Offered by POND SUPPLIES UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best solution., 23 July 2013
Been using this for a few years, tried others at the start of the onset of blanket weed but others seem useless. In my big pond this is the only thing that gets rid of it for about a year.

Hozelock 3354 1500LPH Cascade Waterfall and Fountain Pump
Hozelock 3354 1500LPH Cascade Waterfall and Fountain Pump
Offered by Direct2Gardens

2.0 out of 5 stars Blocks way too easily., 9 Jun 2013
Sellers are very good, wish I could say the same about this pump. I've had a few pumps for my pond but needed something for a small 250 gallon pond for my Mum. Her pond was crystal clear then her pump died. Bought this and in it's first week it's stopped twice with the smallest pieces of weed that other pumps wouldn't have even noticed, meaning someones had to go and sort it out before the pond suffers. Useless for anyone who wants a low maintenance pond.

Remington R6150 Titanium-X Rotary Shaver
Remington R6150 Titanium-X Rotary Shaver
Offered by Gordons Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Real surprise., 25 Mar 2013
Over the years .I've owned foil shavers from Hitachi and Braun, never got on with foils though, and three Philishaves, which I love, and when my one gave up, I looked at replacing it. My last was £80 and to replace was looking at over £100

I then spied this and all the good reviews so for less than £40 thought I would try a change. Well it's big, looks plasticy and cheap and is very light. After charging it and switching it on it sounds weak and I did wonder that maybe for £40 a three head, trimmer and LCD display was too good to be true. But a shavers job is to shave and this it does remarkably well, in fact better than anything I've owned before. It really has surprised me.

All I hope is that it lasts, but it does have a 2 year guarantee so Remington must think it will.

Atacama Duo 6i Speaker Stands - Black
Atacama Duo 6i Speaker Stands - Black
Offered by HiFix

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped., 18 Mar 2013
Bought the Nexus 6i stands last year so after reading all the good press reviews thought these would do for another room and save a few quid. How wrong I was, these are not as good. My 6i are rock solid and stable, tighten up the sound and overall were well worth the money. These, no matter how much I tighten the bolts, still have movement, and even mass loaded with sand sound no different to when they were empty and if anything have made the overall sound worse.

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better., 14 Jan 2013
Only needed an extra HDMI socket, good job as Input 1 refused to work, just kept flashing. Put Sky into input 2, PS3 in input3 and works fine. Auto switches fine as well. Has to be faulty input 1 as I tried every combination and am still using the same Fisual HDMI cables. Hope I don't need another input soon.

7 Below [DVD]
7 Below [DVD]
Dvd ~ Val Kilmer

2.0 out of 5 stars So bad yet you'll still watch it., 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: 7 Below [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this last night. It's awful in every respect. But you will end up watching to the end only to find out it gets no better.

One of those 'So bad it's nearly good' films.

Byron Audio Door Intercom
Byron Audio Door Intercom

3.0 out of 5 stars No better than a cheap battery one., 30 Nov 2012
First off the star rating is 5 for the seller but only 2 for the bell/intercom.

It replaced a battery push button one that did the same job but the bell on that was way better quality and louder. The bell on this is on max and it sounds like it needs new batteries with it's low slurish tone, yet it's mains powered. The main unit gives off a constant buzz, not the transformer. Even people in my hall ask what the buzzing is. And why did the plug on the end of the outside bell push need to be so big? You end up with a 14mm hole for a thin piece of cable which then needs loads of filler and paint. Why not fit a 3.5mm jack like everyone else.

I'm not going to argue over it's price as it's clearly meant for an opening system but that's an optional extra. As a stand-alone bell/intercom better can be had for less.

Now it's all in place I hope it lasts.

Against The Grain
Against The Grain

5.0 out of 5 stars At last., 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Against The Grain (Audio CD)
I feel like I've waited half my life for this. I bought this album just before Christmas 75 and for me it holds a special place in my life at that time.

I bought the 99 remaster, played it once, thought it was awful and never played it again still prefering to play my worn out vinyl.

So when I heard this was being released hoped that it would at last be what it should have been all along. And it is. it's got the sound, drive, life and it's not that crappy remix which I had great delight in destroying.

Whoever had the thought to release this version thank you, you've made an old man happy.

Now to buy the rest and bin the 1999 crap.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 9:18 PM BST