Profile for P. J. Gray > Reviews

Content by P. J. Gray

P. J. Gray (Boksburg, South Africa)

Page: 1 | 2
Smuggler - The Complete Series [DVD] (1981) (2-Disc Set)
Smuggler - The Complete Series [DVD] (1981) (2-Disc Set)
Dvd ~ Oliver Tobias

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV show, 14 May 2016
Nice TV show. I thoroughly enjoyed. It ended on a cliffhanger. It would have been nice if the producers had made a follow up series.

Arrowhead [DVD]
Arrowhead [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aleisha Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad film. In the beginning it was rather confusing, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Arrowhead [DVD] (DVD)
Not a bad film. In the beginning it was rather confusing. The main character spent a fair amount of time aimlessly wondering around. It took awhile for me to work out what was going on.

Mythica: The Darkspore [DVD]
Mythica: The Darkspore [DVD]
Dvd ~ †Adam Johnson,†Jake Stormoen Melanie Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Mythica: The Darkspore [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent film. I cannot wait for third installment.

Princess Protection Programme [DVD]
Princess Protection Programme [DVD]
Dvd ~ Selena Gomez

4.0 out of 5 stars Princess Protection Programme, 27 Jan. 2013
I am not a great fan of American comedy. I find most of it to be tacky and putrid. However this film was quite funny and enjoyable.

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two [DVD]
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two [DVD]
Dvd ~ Star Wars: Clone Wars
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two, 27 Jan. 2013
Star Wars is the greatest movie franchise around. This film was not too bad. I think that 'Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One' was better.

The Assassin [1993] [DVD]
The Assassin [1993] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bridget Fonda

4.0 out of 5 stars The Assassin, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Assassin [1993] [DVD] (DVD)
I always enjoy the films that Bridget Fonda stars in. She is a very good actress. I enjoyed the film.

The Blood Reich: Bloodrayne 3 [DVD]
The Blood Reich: Bloodrayne 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natassia Malthe

3.0 out of 5 stars Bloodrayne 3, 27 Jan. 2013
This film was not bad. I think that the first one is the best one in the series. I am undecided which is the better one, this film or Bloodrayne 2.

Starcrash [DVD]
Starcrash [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Hasslehoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Starcrash, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Starcrash [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the few Star Wars rip-offs that I enjoyed when it came out. Another of the Star Wars rip-offs that I enjoyed was 'Battle Beyond The Stars'. It was nice to see it again.

Black Moon Rising [DVD]
Black Moon Rising [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bubba Smith
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Moon Rising, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Black Moon Rising [DVD] (DVD)
It is a nice film. I saw it many years ago when it first came out. It was most enjoyable to see it again

Babylon 5: Season 3 [DVD]
Babylon 5: Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jerry Doyle
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babylon 5 One of the all time great Sci-fi shows, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Babylon 5: Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I regard Babylon 5 as one of the all time great Sci-fi TV shows, which sadly the American TV studio Warner Bros decided to cancel. I first saw the show on TV, what seems years ago, and it really got my attention. It spoke to something in me. My late father was a great fan of Sci-fi and he gave me lots of novels to read. The main thing that made it a great show was the evolving story theme. Basically what happened in one episode had consequences in the following ones. I found myself wondering in some episodes what on Earth is going on, basically the episode left me confused and wondering what were the producers thinking. When the penny finally dropped in a later episode I was left with the thought 'Those sneaky blighters - they caught me. I have got all five seasons of Babylon 5. I think, this is just my opinion, that Babylon 5 together with StarGate SG1, StarGate Atlantis, BattleStar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Bionic Woman(2007), Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles speak to our adventurous side. For me they ask they the questions: where do we come from, where are we going, what will our future look like? I think it is very sad that the studios always can the the Sci-fi shows first when they have money problems yet they keep their very unfunny comedy shows. It defies logic. I have the whole series on DVD and I am enjoying every minute.

Regards,