Profile for Kerrie Morrison > Reviews

Kerrie Morrison "Momo"

The Best of Keane
The Best of Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply meaningful collection of songs, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Best of Keane (Audio CD)
Keane embody songwriting in its truest sense. Every one of their offerings tells a story, often with a very deep and meaningful thread running through it. This collection of songs nicely embraces the last decade of Keane (though they have been around for much longer than that). It includes the soaring anthemic melodies that we all know and love alongside some amazing B sides too. Anyone that questions the inclusion of songs such as Atlantic or Try Again simply don't know this band well enough or what those songs mean personally to the band members. They have indulged themselves by choosing hugely personal tracks that, in turn, mean so much to those that have been fans of the band since the beginning. Snowed Under and Fly to Me are super B sides and the acoustic DVD that comes with the deluxe version of this album comprises a set list voted for entirely by fans that gives us the opportunity to hear much loved songs (Black Burning Heart) that are very seldom played live. This album is a unique collection of songs so would thoroughly recommend the purchase.

Three Cups Of Tea
Three Cups Of Tea
by Greg Mortenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and thought provoking, 23 July 2009
This review is from: Three Cups Of Tea (Paperback)
Browsing through Amazon for some holiday reading I came across this book and the accompanying reviews - almost all of which were 5 stars. immediately catching my attention. Greg Mortenson and Oliver Relin recount an incredible story that truly lives up to the saying, 'true life is stranger than fiction'. This story is so incredible that you would almost have to be a fantasist to write such a tale. It held my attention from beginning to end and made me realise how ignorant I am of what goes on in the world around me. I feel much more informed and enlightened and richer for having read the story. If you are a member of a book club I would urge you to consider this title - it would undoubtedly provoke much discussion and debate. We only have one chance to live a full life and what Greg Mortenson has already achieved in his makes me, for one, feel pretty ineffectual in comparison.