Profile for Valentina > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
50 pieces 10mm Crackle Glass Beads - Turquoise & Brown - A2001
50 pieces 10mm Crackle Glass Beads - Turquoise & Brown - A2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 14 Jun 2014
I absolutely love these glass beads. I was looking for a decent size cracked beads so I could make wire wrapped bracelets and necklaces with them. I am so glad I came across these. They look very beautiful and rather expensive. I liked them so much I ordered them in two colours, turquoise and brown, and Aqua and pink. I have to say, I do prefer the turquoise and brown as they are such a nice combination.

1 x Strand of Moonstone Gemstone Beads Chips 5x2mm-10x5mm 88cm long,
1 x Strand of Moonstone Gemstone Beads Chips 5x2mm-10x5mm 88cm long,

3.0 out of 5 stars These gems are not moonstone, 14 Jun 2014
Although pretty beads these gems are not moonstone. I make jewelery as a hobby and occasionally take commissions to make specific pieces, so I got a request for a piece embedded with moonstone beads. I don't know why, but there don't seem to be a lot of moonstone sellers about. So I tried my luck and ordered these chip beads, as I thought I didn't have much to loose considering the price. They arrived pretty fast, but as I said, they are not moonstone, they are synthetic moonstone, otherwise called opalite. They have a nice blue sheen on most stones and have no rough edges, being rounded and smooth, but they can look synthetic and kinda plastic like at times.

Grave Mercy: 1 (His Fair Assassin)
Grave Mercy: 1 (His Fair Assassin)
by Robin LaFevers

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Astonishing and a Must Read!, 27 April 2014
I do not often write book reviews as no book has really compelled me to write one before. This time however, I felt I must comment on this amazing masterpiece.

First I must say that the book is written in the present tense and before I read this book, i would always say that i despised books written in such a tense (as was shown to me by books such as 'divergent' and 'the immortals', that although their plots are gripping, the fact that they are written as they are spoils the books for me). I have to say, it was not such a case with this book. The author has such a way with words that if the book was not written as such, i would find it odd. Robin LeFevers's way with words is something else, flowing smoothly throughout the book and with such plot twists that leave you hanging on the edge of your seat.

(spoilers alert)
The story follows the heroine Ismae, a peasant girl who's father is thought to be the saint of death, after the failure of the attempt to abort her from her mothers womb. Sold to a cruel man to be his wife, she is rescued and sent to the abbey of St Mortan, the saint of death. There, she is taught the ways of an assassin an her devotion for her father and saint grows. After a series of events, she is sent to the court of Brittany, to serve the ways of Mortan and the duchess. The plot twists and turns with unpredictable betrayals and backstabbing schemes as well as portraying a growing love between her and a member of court.

This historical fiction transports you back to the late 15th century in France and all its glory. The plot is historically accurate to the events at the time (not including the abbey of St Mortan), with occurrences and many of the characters in the book being real. Its a fantastic read, one that has an Shakespearean feel to it, without the burden of the overly heavy language of the time. The language however, is suiting of the period, although simplified and slightly modernized.

overall, its a captivating book that you cannot put down until you finish it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering reading it.

BCT007 - Brown PU Leather Belt Bracelet Costume Fashion Jewellery With Gift Bag - 3 FOR 2 ON ALL JEWELLERY
Offered by TheNaughtyBunny

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 3 Oct 2013
A very bad quality bracelet. It did arrive quickly, but it was made of the cheapest, crappiest plastic possible and felt and smelt horrible. Didn't even wear it, it went straight in the bin. I don't usually write negative reviews, but I was really displeased with this one.

DIY Homemade Mask Bowl Spoons Brush Appliances Set Pink
DIY Homemade Mask Bowl Spoons Brush Appliances Set Pink
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this one, 3 Oct 2013
Great little DIY kit for making masks. I bought this because I needed a non-metal surface to make a Betonite Clay and Cider vinegar face mask, as if metal comes into contact with the clay, the clay loses its healing properties, specifically its charge which absorbs heavy metals and other nasty stuff from the body. This kit was perfect for this and a perfect size, as you don't need a lot. Super easy to clean, which is a big bonus and all the little spoons, spatula and brush are very useful.

Pure Distilled Witch Hazel 100ml/ Natural Astringent
Pure Distilled Witch Hazel 100ml/ Natural Astringent

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipurpose Miraculous Product, 3 Oct 2013
I have well and truly fallen in love with this product. I was looking for a decent toner and after reading several reviews and asking around, I discovered this product and decided to order it. It arrived promptly.
After I started using it, I not only notices all my imperfections evening out, but my pores shrinked considerably and I no longer have blackheads on my nose, something I have been battling for a while and my spots have been significantly reduced. Not only that, but after I use it I notice my skin is much smother and all the excess oils have been absorbed from my face.
I do have dry skin however and I do need to use a moisturizer afterwards, but that was part of my daily skincare routine anyway. As for the smell, it isn't as bad as people think. Personally, I don't mind it at all. It does indeed contain alcohol which will dry out your skin if no moisturizer is used afterwards, but a combination of witch hazel and a natural moisturizer, such as coconut oil, almond oil or other such oils, will do your skin wonders.

5 x Lip Balm Tins 15ml Capacity (Empty) for making own cosmetics/beauty products
Offered by Still Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Containers, 3 Oct 2013
Cute little tins for storing natural handmade skincare products, perfect for my needs. The lid screws on tightly so there is no spillage and the size is compact so you can carry it with you. I've been storing my handmade face moisturizer and lip balm in them and I used labels on the top to distinguish between them.
The only downside was the postage, which was more expensive than the actual containers themselves.

Care 200ml Witch Hazel Liquid
Care 200ml Witch Hazel Liquid
Offered by Medideals

4.0 out of 5 stars Very High Alcohol content, 3 Oct 2013
Witch hazel is a well known skin care product that does wonders to problematic skin.
This is the second brand I tried and was looking for something relatively cheep as I use witch hazel all the time and it always seems to be running out. For the price of this product, the quality is good. However, it has a much higher alcohol content than the previous brand I tried, and wasn't as potent.
For those with dry skin, I really recommend you use a strong moisturizer after using this product. Other skin types should use a moisturizer too, to counteract the dryness of the alcohol.

Set 10 Colors Grizzly Synthetic Feather Hair Extensions + Beads
Set 10 Colors Grizzly Synthetic Feather Hair Extensions + Beads
Offered by Tcity

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Accesory that looks good, 20 July 2013
I really like the look of feathers in someone's hair, I think it looks very natural and kind of bohemian. A friend had one of these in her hair and it looked really nice. When I asked her where she got it, she told me that when she went to get her hair dyed at the salon she was offered it for 5 quid. So I got to looking on amazon, on something I could do myself and found this for a cheaper price. So I ordered it and it arrived rather fast. The quality wasn't that bad, most of the colors on the other hand weren't that nice in my opinion. Some were a bit dull and not as bright as shown in the image. But there were some nice ones too. I chose to put a silver one in my hair and i loved it!
To put it in your hair all you have to do is take a small strand of hair and pass it through the beads provided. This may prove a bit tricky, but you can wet the strand to make it easier to pass through. Once you have the bead where you want the extension to start, you pass the feather through the bead as well. Then you have to take a pair of pliers(not included in the kit) and squash the bead to secure the whole thing in place. The extension is very sturdy and won't come out when you brush your hair or shower. I have even straightened my hair a couple of times with it still in my hair. However, be warned! It can get very tangled and dreaded at the root of the hair where the bead is. To avoid this, whenever I brushed my hair I made sure to comb out carefully most of the knots if there were any. you can't comb out everything however. I kept mine in for about a month, but after that, the knots got a bit much and the roots of the strand of hair kinda ached/were sensitive. To remove the extension, you have to open up the bead by squashing it with a pair of pliers the opposite way you originally squashed it. After that you can brush your hair out to get rid of all the knots. I let my hair have a bit of a break before putting another one in however. The extensions can be reused, but they to get a bit tattered after a while, just like your own hair would.
Generally however, I am really pleased with this product. Would you rather get 10 extensions for the price offered here, of get only one put it for twice the price? Sure, not all the colors are fun and colorful, but you can always offer the ones you don't like to somebody else who may like them.

Kuldip Factory Seconds Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap Throw Indian Gold
Kuldip Factory Seconds Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap Throw Indian Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 July 2013
I bought this for a friend that is obsessed with Indian fashion. She has a lot of these scarves that she wares all the time, but she didn't have a traditional 'Indian gold' color. So I ordered it as a 'side' birthday present together with some indian earings that I made for her. When I first saw it on amazon, I thought I'd give it a try as I had nothing to lose considering the price, but to be honest, I didn't expect much. What I got however, was an excellent scarf with lovely silky fabric and a speedy delivery. I have to say, I'm very impressed considering the price. I would buy one for myself if only I wore scarves. As for my friend, she loved it and was extremely happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2