Profile for Nicola A > Reviews

Once in a House on Fire
by Andrea Ashworth
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 9 July 2014
Such a tragic but inspiring story of the author Andrea Ashworth's abusive childhood. I found this a real page turner and spent many nights staying up extra late just to read onto the next chapter and the next.

21 Jump Street (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
21 Jump Street (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum
Offered by EagleDVD
Price: 7.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute cr*p, 12 Sep 2012
I watched this movie online as my boyfriend likes slapslick comedies but I could tell it was going to be rubbish within the first 10 minutes, we still sat and watched it til the end but what a waste of time. This is NOT one you would watch again and is just boring and trying to be funny but doesn't actually make you laugh! At the end, my other half even had to admit it was disappointing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 10:13 AM BST

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (DVD + Digital Copy)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ James Franco
Offered by FLASH
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved this!, 1 Sep 2012
I was looking forward to this movie as it is finally a planet of the ape movie I can watch that doesn't use real apes (unlike the 2008 one) but it still exceeded my expectations. I absolutely loved this film and hope there will be a sequel to this one. Highly recommended and is thoroughly entertaining! Definitely the best planet of the ape movie in my opinion!

The Diving Bell And The Butterfly [DVD]
The Diving Bell And The Butterfly [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mathieu Amalric
Price: 5.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and disappointing, 1 Sep 2012
I have recently started learning French again (since school) and was looking forward to watching this film as had mainly excellent reviews and is a true story. I watched it with the English subtitles on and really tried to like it and made myself sit and watch it until the end but was bored out of my mind and struggled to sit and watch and not get distracted and want to do housework instead!

It starts off OK as you are waiting to see what happens and you're taken through a lot of his memory but nothing about this film held my attention and the storyline was sooooo boring and slow and dull!!!

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So boring!, 1 Sep 2012
I watched this movie on the plane from England to Mauritius and don't enjoy flying but I still don't think that has affected my opinion of this movie as I was looking forward to seeing it after all of the good reviews. Unfortunately I was sorely disappointed but sat and watched the whole movie as I was on such a long flight and this movie helped to make the journey seem even longer! I honestly can't understand why this movie has so many good reviews as the characters were unconvincing, had no depth and were as boring as the storyline.

Complete French (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
Complete French (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
by Rosi McNab
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not complete French, 24 Aug 2012
I bought this a few weeks ago and have already finished the 2 CDs Stages 1&2 and am listening to it a second time round as I listen to it when I drive to and from work so 30 mins on the way to work and 30 mins on the way home.

I did enjoy these CDs and it does get you involved to speak and use the phrases you've been taught to reply in the practice conversations. That said though it is a Foundation CD so has left me wanting to move on to intermediate and advanced CDs now as my aim is to be able to understand a French movie without the subtitles.

I did GCSE French and got a B (and also A-Level but only got an E so doesn't really count!) and after 7 years of no French at all I have become determined to learn again so these CDs were a good referesher of the basics and common phrases you would you and the CDs work their way through basic chapters including; greetings, how are you and if you are ill, holiday, hobbies, booking a hotel, asking some basic directions etc. So it is most useful for those going on holiday in France and needing some practice and those who know some basic French vocab but not for anyone who has never done any French before and not for those looking for anything intermediate and up.

Priceless [DVD] (2006)
Priceless [DVD] (2006)
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, humerous & would watch again, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Priceless [DVD] (2006) (DVD)
Watched this last night, I did GCSE French and got a B but then only managed to get and E at A-Level French! That was 7 years ago and I feel like I've forgotten most the French I learnt back then but now am determined to be able to understand French films without subtitles! It's early days but I'm trying to watch as many French films as I can. I haven't seen that many so far but this is a humerous comedy, the only French comedy I've seen so far that has been funny and I would watch this again.

I don't understand some of the bad reviews on Amazon that say they can't relate to her character etc etc as this is meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comedy and not to be analysed and taken so seriously!

I borrowed this dvd from a friend as wanted to watch before I buy myself, her copy didn't have the option to turn the subtitles off so I will be looking on Amazon.fr for a French copy.

Grown Ups [DVD] [2011]
Grown Ups [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Adam Sandler
Price: 3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dragged out and boring, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Grown Ups [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Don't waste your time with this movie, I found the comedy off and the movie longer than it needed to be and a boring dragged out story line. Not one you would watch twice, I was bored halfway through and can't believe I made it to the end of the movie! Alot of the acting in this movie was half-hearted and the actors just brought together to real off another "comedy" to make money. Adam Sandler put some effort into the next movie please!

Million Dollar Baby [DVD] [2005]
Million Dollar Baby [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 3.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, one to watch time and again, 25 Mar 2012
Highly recommend this film, don't let the fact that this film is about boxing put you off. Great movie for men and women so couples can both enjoy, I thoroughly enjoyed it and have seen it a couple of times now but would still watch again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sized mug and clear, large photo, 27 Dec 2011
Got this for Christmas and love it! Will be one of my fav mugs to drink from as nice and wide for a large mug of brew! The photo is as you see on Amazon, clear and large and won't scratch after lots of washing up. Got the European Lynx as they are native to Britain but went extinct here years ago.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7