Profile for epeeist36 > Reviews

Salads To Go
Salads To Go
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start..., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Salads To Go (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad book by any means and it contained the beginnings of a good idea about how to prepare and transport salads. With only 7 recipes, however, this really is only something to get you started. As the author says, you could combine any of your favourite salad ingredients and, by layering the ingredients just so, have a meal that is still fresh and appealing by lunch time.

Obviously intended as a promotional book, the final "chapter" is a link to a website which is not really of interest to me.

I was happy enough with the book, having downloaded it for free, but I'm not sure that I would have paid very much for it.

My Kitchen Table - 100 Weeknight Curries
My Kitchen Table - 100 Weeknight Curries
by Madhur Jaffrey
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A very practical little recipe book, 26 Jan 2012
This a really good recipe book. I bought it for my partner at Christmas because we are always in need of quick midweek meals and we are both curry lovers. We have tried several of the recipes already and they are indeed quick and easy to prepare. What is also brilliant is that the ingredients are all easy to obtain and the recipes use only quite simple spice combinations - none of the complicated pastes and powders that often feature in curry books! I would highly recommend this little book - a very practical addition to the recipe shelf.

Give the Goan Prawn Curry a go - it's glorious!!

A Good Life: John Seymour and His Self-Sufficiency Legacy
A Good Life: John Seymour and His Self-Sufficiency Legacy
by Paul Peacock

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Mar 2011
As a huge fan of both the writings and the philosophy of John Seymour, I bought this book expecting to enjoy it. Unfortunately it was a disappointing read in general. Seymour himself was such a fabulous writer, with a huge talent for inspiring his readers, that this weak effort is very sorry in comparison! The content is handled in an uninspiring way with little depth to the information. The grammar is often poor and I found myself re-reading several passages in order to make any sense of them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab colour!, 14 Mar 2011
Bought as a present for my sister who is a serious turquoise fan! It's a great length, very soft, warm and of course the perfect colour! She loves it!

Inside Secrets of Finding a Teaching Job: The Most Effective Search Methods for Both New and Experienced Educators
by Jack Warner
Price: 7.98

2.0 out of 5 stars American job search help, 14 Mar 2011
I bought this book seeking advice on how to maximise my chances of finding a teaching job. Unfortunately as it is aimed at the American market a lot of the information is not all that relevant to the British job market. CV tips are reasonably useful this wasn't really what I was looking for.

Book is well written and I'm sure it's useful in the States but overall a disappointment.

Learning Resources Cuisenaire Rods Introductory Set (plastic)
Learning Resources Cuisenaire Rods Introductory Set (plastic)
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisenaire Rods, 14 Mar 2011
I have found this to be a useful resource in my capacity as a tutor. The rods are easy to understand and manipulate for children of all ages. The accompanying ideas book offers a starting point for the huge range of possible learning activities which develop various maths skills. Very pleased to have bought this item!