Profile for Mightymath > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Clangers Family Pack of Figures
Clangers Family Pack of Figures

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug. 2015
Good quality figures. If you love the Clangers you will love these!

My First Big Book of Doodling, Drawing and Colouring
My First Big Book of Doodling, Drawing and Colouring
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 26 July 2015
5 year old loves it, and four adults (3 teachers) were very impressed by the quality of the content. It's not cheap but it is a big book and the paper is thick so ink does not bleed through to the other side as we've had happen with other colouring books. Highly recommend.

Sarah & Duck Wall: 12x12 Planner (Square Planner Wirestitched)
Sarah & Duck Wall: 12x12 Planner (Square Planner Wirestitched)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality calendar with stickers, 7 Oct. 2014
There's no picture on Amazon yet so I thought I'd give some details to help you decide.

It's a good quality calendar, standard size (about 12 inches square, and each month folds down to make it double that length). It's 16 months from Sep 2013 and all the months are full size. Each month is very nicely illustrated as you'd expect.

There is a sheet of stickers with bread and a trumpet and a few other things. Then lots of "Fun", "Dentist", "Doctors", "Birthday", "Holiday", "Party", "Vets" and "Haircuts" stickers.

Highly recommended for any Sarah and Duck fan.

Sarah & Duck - Doubles and Other Stories (Volume 2) [DVD]
Sarah & Duck - Doubles and Other Stories (Volume 2) [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful children's TV, 12 Sept. 2014
More episodes from the best children's TV show ever! Our 4 year old boy loves this as do his parents. Gentle, quirky and humorous stories that are beautifully animated - we can happily watch again and again. The standard of episodes is as high as in series one. I can't recommend Sarah and Duck enough.

Sarah & Duck - Lots of Shallots and Other Stories [DVD]
Sarah & Duck - Lots of Shallots and Other Stories [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quack Quack, 9 Feb. 2014
This is our favourite children's programme by a mile. It's charming, funny and quirky. Our 3 year old loves it. He pretends to be Duck, even to the extent of eating plain brown bread as a snack. My wife is Sarah and I am Scarf Lady. We now have a Technology room rather than a back bedroom (Sarah and Duck have a Technology room with their PC in). The reviews here on Amazon should indicate how much love there is for this programme. It's deserved. I am hoping all episodes will come out on DVD.

Drei Magier Spooky Mirror Castle
Drei Magier Spooky Mirror Castle

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Jan. 2014
The game has a fun mechanism where mirrors drop when the real ghost is in the centre. Unfortunately the mirrors are poor quality and it is hard to see under the ghosts. This spoils the game and the game play doesn't compensate, just a standard move and remember where things are. There are numerous other board games for young children (4 - 8) I'd recommend ahead of this: Viva Topo (we love this one), Magic Labyrinth, Animal upon Animal, Amazing Labyrinth.

Collins Edexcel International GCSE - Edexcel International GCSE Maths Student Book
by Chris Pearce

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many errors, 22 Jan. 2014
This book would be okay but there are too many errors and some examples and questions are badly worded. I'd recommend getting a different book. I'm not a teacher but I have studied maths up to engineering degree level. This book seems to have been rushed out. I'm helping a home student and they've only struggled in areas which have mistakes or are poorly worded. That should not be the challenge in learning maths. Disappointing.

1000 Animals (1000 Pictures)
1000 Animals (1000 Pictures)
by Jessica Greenwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 13 Jan. 2014
Bought this for our 3 1/2 year old and he loves it. I would think it's suitable for a child much older too. Contains an amazing collection of animals, all beautifully illustrated.

1000 Things That Go (1000 Pictures)
1000 Things That Go (1000 Pictures)
by Sam Taplin

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 13 Jan. 2014
We bought this for our 3 1/2 year old and he loves it. The illustrations are beautifully done and the selection of items chosen for the book is educational even for a 40 year old! There are things I had to look up on the internet e.g. Flettner's rotor ship.

There's also humour in a few of the choices e.g. Lots of cars includes a kit car with all the parts laid out and a mechanic scratching his head.

Items are grouped by themes include Racing, Emergency vehicles, Sailing boats, In the Sky, Fighter planes, At the building site, On the farm, Steam locomotives, Rockets, In space, Tricky terrain, Historic ships, Pedalling pushing and pulling, Old fashioned things that go. There are 30 themes in all, about 35 items in each.

I highly recommend this along with 1000 Animals which is another book in Usborne's 1000 series - if two books is a series?

Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor
Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Anti-glare, 22 Mar. 2012
I mainly work with text on a white background and found the anti-glare coating made the screen speckled/dirty/shimmer and text was hard to read - it was bad enough that I returned the monitor. Amazon's return process was excellent.

From other reviews it's clear most people aren't bothered by the anti-glare coating. Maybe because video/images look fine. Or maybe some older versions don't have the same anti-glare coating. Although I'm in a minority search for "remove u2711 anti glare" and you'll see that some owners have taken drastic action!

I still love my old Dell 2407WFP (24") from about 4 years ago, which doesn't have this anti-glare coating, not sure when Dell changed the coating but I wish they hadn't.

Page: 1 | 2