Profile for Mr. S. Jessup-peacock > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Jessup-...

Mr. S. Jessup-peacock "sjpismyname" (Canvey Island)

Page: 1 | 2
Barenaked Ladies Are Men
Barenaked Ladies Are Men
Offered by 5records
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Barenaked Ladies Are Great Men!, 21 Jan 2007
This is Barenaked Ladies 2nd Album in approximately 6 months. The first being Barenaked Ladies Are Me, This the second, Barenaked Ladies Are Men. Was originally only available via download, is now getting a CD release. I may say though, It is SO worth it! This album rocks from start to finish. Started with the super-cool Serendipity, and ending with Why Say Anything. Every Barenaked Ladies fan will not be disappointed, nor will new fans. I cant put it simpler than "This Album is Amazing"

Barenaked Ladies are men, and great men at that.

Barenaked for the Holidays
Barenaked for the Holidays
Offered by disks4u
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a very Merry XMAS with BNL, 11 Dec 2005
Having bought this album in june, i was glad to be able to finally listen to it when i was full of Xmas spirit! As it is with all BNL albums, i have not been disappointed! Opener 'Jingle bells' starts off as normal, but kicks in to a BNL version after 2 minutes. 'Green Christmas' is one of my favourites, as i knew it ages ago from the grinch movie soundtrack. However the best song on the album has to be 'Elfs Lament' which is the perfect Xmas song. With Michael buble on guest vocals and the humour of what they are singing makes this the best XMAS song ever.
If youre in the XMAS spirit, and are tired of all the same xmas songs, BUY THIS

Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits, 1991-2001
Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits, 1991-2001
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning You may become addicted like me!, 4 Sep 2005
I Purchased this album in febuary of 2005, (after seeing the video of 'One Week' again and remembering how much I loved it) and only 3 months later I had bought every single album in the Barenaked Ladies back catalougue! This album of course is the best of them, and the reason I Became addicted.
'The Old Apartment' starts of the album and became an immediate favourite. Another Immediate Favourite is 'Brian Wilson'. The Version on this album from their Live Album 'Rock Spectacle'. The Ladies show their quirkiness with tracks Like 'Be My Yoko Ono' and 'If had a Million Dollars'. They also show their emotional side with the only song that has ever brought a man-tear to my eye, 'What a Good Boy'. Non Barenaked Ladies fans may recognise 'It's all been done'. Not only because it was a hit over here, but also because it has featured in a few TV adverts!
With 2 new songs and arguably the best from their back catalougue. This is a Great CD for anybody who loves great music.

Queen of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Queen of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
by Nancy Holder
Price: 10.18

3.0 out of 5 stars The series that never was!, 4 Sep 2005
Being a MASSIVE 'Buffy' fan, this book became a must have the moment I saw it advertised. I mean it's very rare that you know what happens to the characters after a TV series has finished, and thats what this book is about. 'Series 8' of Buffy in 1 book, and in my opinion that's its downfall. It's because the it's only one book that it doesnt reach the levels you would expect. When I was reading the book I often felt a bit lost, and not fully understand why the characters where doing what they were doing. Particually the parts to do with 'The Immortal' and the ending. I feel both of these parts of the book would have benefited if the book was a two parter with more space to ellaborate on the story.
One major Complaint is with the Final Battle in the book, In my opinions it goes against what Buffy stood for. All major fans of the series will understand what I mean when they read the book.
So apart from what I've mentioned above, I felt it was a good story and I really enjoyed it and give it 3 out of 5

Born on a Pirate Ship
Born on a Pirate Ship
Price: 12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Barenaked and Loving it!, 18 July 2005
This review is from: Born on a Pirate Ship (Audio CD)
The third album by the canadian musical gods, and it further establishes them as the best underrated band ever! Each track is great in its own right, and the stand out ones are 'Old Straw Hat and Dirty Hank', 'When i Fall', 'Stomach Vs Heart', and 'Shoe Box' off of the Friends OST!
I'd say anyone who liked 'One Week' or 'Its all been done', should check out the barenaked ladies back catalouge as it is some of the best music you will ever hear!
P.S If you wondered why they called the album 'Born on a Pirate Ship', then put your fingers in each side of your mouth and then proceed to stretch it. Then repeat the album name, and then I think you will understand!

Rock Spectacle
Rock Spectacle
Offered by sdiscs
Price: 50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Rock Spectacle, 18 July 2005
This review is from: Rock Spectacle (Audio CD)
This is the first live album I have ever bought, and I am so glad I did. I've only gotten into the Barenaked ladies back catalogue within the last 5 months, but i have to say this is filled with all the greatest songs off of their first 3 albums!
Highlights include the tragic but amazing 'When I Fall', 'Old Straw Hat and Dirty Hank', 'What a Good Boy', 'Brian Wilson' and finnaly the classic 'If I had a Million Dollars' with a little bit of 'Grade 9' inserted in for good measure!
If you only buy one live album in your life, make sure it is this one!

Vanity Project, The [Us Import]
Vanity Project, The [Us Import]
Offered by thebookcommunity
Price: 21.71

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to be vain for the Vanity Project, 18 July 2005
After listening to this album for the second time I can say that this is a really good album! Having only bought this album due to Steven Page being involved (For those who dont know him, he is the lead singer of the Barenaked Ladies who had a hit with One week. For those who do know him, he is a musical god!)
My Favourtie track on this album is definately Baby loves the radio! Also Hit and Run is an extremely good track!
Overall buy this if you love good music!

You Can't See Me
You Can't See Me

5.0 out of 5 stars John Cena Proves he is a Superstar!, 6 Jun 2005
This review is from: You Can't See Me (Audio CD)
Buying this album, I was kind of expecting a mediocre album with a few good songs to promote as singles. Man was I wrong! All 17 tracks on this album are good, with a few songs being must-owns. Such songs are John Cenas entrance theme 'My Time is Now', the first single 'Bad Bad man', and the very summery 'Right Now'.
Overall I must say that WWE fans will adore this album, and so will the average Rap/Hip-Hop fan!
However i must note that this cd does NOT include John's first entrance theme 'Basic Thugonomics' and the track he released on the WWE ORIGINALS album 'Untouchables'

The Death of WCW (Wrestlecrap)
The Death of WCW (Wrestlecrap)
by Bryan Alvarez
Price: 9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars WCW THE TRUTH!, 26 April 2005
I am a self-confessed WCW mark! I loved it and hardly missed a show. So when I heard about this book being released I made sure I got it as soon as I could! Now having finished the book I have to say I was quite pleased. The Book deals with the successes and the failures of the company, and does go into good detail over some incidents such as the Hogan incident at Bash of the Beach!
However towards the end of the book, it feels like the authors are running out of space as they seem to rush to finish of WCW.
But Overall it is a must for any EX-WCW fan, Or Current WWE fan!

Everybody Got Their Something
Everybody Got Their Something
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikka's definately got something, 26 April 2005
'Like a Feather' was the first song i heard off of this album, and that song alone pursuaded me to give her album a try. When the album finally arrived I was very happy to hear that the rest of her album was just as good as 'like a feather'.
Obviously 'Like a feather' is the greatest song on the album, but the title track 'Everybody got their something' and 'Corners of my mind' give it a run for its money!
Special mention should go to the song off of the 'Blow' Soundtrack, 'Push and Pull'. That song alone also inspired me to by the 'Blow' DVD just for the music video!
Overall I have to say that this is definatley in my top ten albums, and it will be in yours when you hear it!

Page: 1 | 2