Profile for canarykid > Reviews

Content by canarykid

canarykid

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
British Leyland: Chronicle of a Car Crash 1968-1978.
British Leyland: Chronicle of a Car Crash 1968-1978.
by Christopher Cowin

5.0 out of 5 stars British Leyland: Chronicle of a Car Crash 1968-1978., 7 Oct 2014
How can a company as big as this fail? I have my own views which may not be too far from this writers. However I'll take you back to about 1968. The Labour goverment led by Harol;d Wilson was in power & he decided to impose a tax called Selective Employment Tax. This meant that for every worker a company employed the company had to pay £1:10 shillings a week(£1:50p in todays money) to keep on the payroll. Now as Leyland this cost loads of dosh. I lived by the Austin Motor company at that time & they employed about 30'000 workers at the factory so it cost them £45,000 a week. So mass redundencies occured!

All My Own Work
All My Own Work

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Own Work Jerry Lordan, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: All My Own Work (Audio CD)
Jerry wrote a lot of hits for other artists & has the title says its a CD of All My Own Work. It filled a gap in my coleection but may be too bland for other collectors.

Meet Tico & The Triumphs
Meet Tico & The Triumphs

5.0 out of 5 stars Meet Tico & The Triumphs, 7 Oct 2014
Simon & Garfunkel- Their early recordings. Nothing like their later hit stuff so fans of the later recordings may fail to like this set.

Parkin's Patch - The Complete Series [DVD]
Parkin's Patch - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Flanagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Parkin's Patch - The Complete Series [DVD, 7 Oct 2014
I'd not come across this seriws before so presume that as a regional series it was'nt shown in my area.
Its from the late sixties & it may take you a bit to get into but do give it a try

Softly Softly Task Force: Series 1 [DVD]
Softly Softly Task Force: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stratford Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Softly Softly Task Force: Series 1 [DVD], 7 Oct 2014
If you loved the realier series that the cast were in(Z Cars) you are certain to like this. Lets hope that more episodes will be issued

Triumph Production Testers Tales - from the Meriden Factory
Triumph Production Testers Tales - from the Meriden Factory
by Hughie Hancox

5.0 out of 5 stars Triumph Production Testers Tales - from the Meriden Factory, 7 Oct 2014
This is the second book written by Hugh, perhaps not so entertaining as as his earlier one but still most welcome to see how things really were.

Coronation Street - Best of 1970-1979 - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
Coronation Street - Best of 1970-1979 - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patricia Phoenix

5.0 out of 5 stars Coronation Street - Best of 1970-1979 - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD], 7 Oct 2014
There cannot be many people in the UK that hav'nt at onetime watched Coronation street. I gave up on it about 15 years ago(year 2000). But this set contains many gems from the old cast prior to the series becoming more like Eastenders.

Cradle Of My Arms - The Complete Gene Pitney 1958-1962
Cradle Of My Arms - The Complete Gene Pitney 1958-1962

5.0 out of 5 stars Cradle Of My Arms - The Complete Gene Pitney 1958-1962, 7 Oct 2014
Gene Pitney seemed to manage the cross over from teen Idol to mature singer better than many other from the pre-Beatle era. These are early recordings made prior to his hit making days.

Story of B. S. A. Motor Cycles
Story of B. S. A. Motor Cycles
by Bob Holliday

5.0 out of 5 stars BSA Motorcycles, 7 Oct 2014
Once the largest motorcycle manufacture in the world! What happened? I came into motocycling in 1960 as a telegram boy on a BSA Bantam. I then progressed to a Gold flash. I still have seven collectable motorbikes.

The Rockford Files - Series 4 [DVD]
The Rockford Files - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockford Files Series 4, 7 Oct 2014
I'm still wading my way through this set(likewise others in the series) but he was part of an era that the good guy usually won.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5