Profile for Peter O'Toole > Reviews

Content by Peter O'Toole

Peter O'Toole (Cork, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crumpler Singapore Sling DSLR Camera Strap, Cannon, Sony, Nikon - Black/Dark Nickel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and comfort but..., 13 Jun 2014
Very happy with the comfort, made my camera feel much lighter and it was much more comfortable on my poor neck. The huge issue with this is the sheer size of it. When I wore my camera around my neck with this strap, the camera was literally swinging around my crotch!! If you're tall, you'd be fine with this i'd say but for anyone under 5,7 i personally wouldn't recommend it.

Maxsimafoto - Timer Remote switch control cord for Nikon D800 D800E D2 D3 D3S D4 D100 D200 D300 D300S D700 F5 F6 F100 F90 F90X Fuji S3, S5 Pro, Kodak DSC-14n as MC36. Shutter release, intervoltmeter.
Offered by Cameramarket UK
Price: 22.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a fraction of the cost of Nikon's version, 13 Jun 2014
Great product and works a treat for a fraction of the brand leader cost. I was ready to give it a 2 start review as it never fit my Nikon D800 properly and would only go in half way and would constantly fall out. I presumed it was the fact that it was a third party product until I noticed that one of the pins had bent inside. I straightened the pin and it went in perfectly but then I found that the pin eventually fell out. It still works perfectly though! I must of bent the pin initially when trying to insert it so I would caution anyone forcing it as it should go in very easily or else you've got the angle wrong. There is a little white dot on my D800 which shows the correct angle, not sure if other cameras have this?

All in all very very happy with it. Wish I was more careful initially but don't hesitate in buying it.

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Price: 38.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Game!!, 13 Jun 2014
Well what can you say about Mario Kart apart from the fact that they have got it really right with this game in every sense. Great fun and enjoyment and endless gameplay. Love, love, love!

HEMISPHERE black-gold L Modern Design Ceiling Lights Chandeliers
HEMISPHERE black-gold L Modern Design Ceiling Lights Chandeliers
Offered by e-bsd
Price: 64.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice feature light but not exactly as pictured, 13 Jun 2014
The product looks good and a pretty big size so it makes a statement when you put it up in a room. The light various slightly from is pictured. For starters there is only 1 white cord holding the shade as opposed to the multiple you see in the photo. This isn't an issue in the slightest for me but what is an issue is the fact that the cord is also white as opposed to the nice black one in the photo. I have emailed the supplier about this but I have yet to receive a response if ever?!

The finish in the photo also looks a really deep rich gloss black. In reality it's not quiet as rich but nothing you'd really notice from a distance.

Overall I'm very happy about it but disappointed the cord isn't black as pictured.

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 49.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastically Amazing!, 4 May 2014
I can't say enough for this game! Nintendo have outdone themselves. The graphics are without doubt the best Nintendo have done for Mario so far. The gameplay is diverse but what I love about this game is that they have reinvented Mario by introducing very fresh ideas into the game. I found the game crazy easy for the first few words and thought 'oh, this is going to be over in a matter of hours' but boy was I wrong. The game goes on and on and on and on. Just when you think it's over you realise there is more to it.

In case there is any doubt as to what I am saying.... THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC!

Bulk Hardware 60mm Round Antique Door Knob Set - Black
Bulk Hardware 60mm Round Antique Door Knob Set - Black
Price: 9.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Look like vintage door knobs but very stiff, 12 April 2014
They look great and an incredible weight to them but I find them very stiff and it takes a very string grip to open them. I also found like many other people that 1 set of knobs I received both turned the same way so they'll need to be returned for a replacement.

Nikon 50mm F1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens
Nikon 50mm F1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lens but slow focusing, 7 April 2014
The depth of field is fantastic from this lens but what annoys me is the slow focusing which I was expecting to a degree from the reviews I read but I didn't realise how slow it was going to be. Don't get me wrong it's not painfully slow but it's simply slower than what I'd like and whilst using it at a party the other night I seemed to miss all the great moments as I was still waiting for it to focus.

Mini Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, Minolta Metz Sigma Sunpak,BV & Jo, Other External Flash Units,YN-460,YN-465,YN-560,580ex,420ex,380ex,430ex,SB-900,SB-800,SB-600.
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but feels cheap, 26 Mar 2014
I have only tried this once and it seemed to work well enough for the price. It does however feel very cheap but if you get it for a good price then go for it.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 37.30

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST STUNNING & BEAUTIFUL, 26 Mar 2014
I can't say enough about this game. The graphics are breathtaking, characters are incredibly loveable and the soundtrack is just brilliant. It's also a very tough game in parts and you will find yourself going crazy at times trying to complete a level or kill of a particular boss but it's all part of what makes this game solo good. The boss in World 2 had me stuck for days. I'm currently on world 4 and it's incredibly challenging to say the least. Don't even bother reading any reviews for this game, just buy it, you'll be happy you did.

Wacom Intuos3 A6 Tablet Pen and Mouse USB Mac/Win
Wacom Intuos3 A6 Tablet Pen and Mouse USB Mac/Win

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and is everlasting, 20 Feb 2014
Bought this 9 years ago!! and it still works perfectly to this day. Never had any issues with it. I will be updating all my equipment later this summer and I will need to finally replace it then but I am going to stick with using Wacom as it's a great trustworthy brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3