Profile for Enigma > Reviews

Outlaw
Outlaw
by Troy Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first book, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Outlaw (Paperback)
I'm always on the look out for new thriller to read, especially those that are about outlaw bikers, as I write in the same genre.
What I loved about this story is the author starts the book with the main character who is a serving Marine, stuck in the middle of one the most violent battles he's been part of. The fighting leaves him injured and he's sent home. Soon, as a lot of ex serviceman are, he finds himself without a home, job or respect.
The brotherhood calls to him and he finds a group of bikers that understand and respect him. The Iron KingZ become his brothers, the clubhouse his home.
The story is well written, engaging and will open eyes of those that don't know about this life.

Huntress

The House on Persimmon Road
The House on Persimmon Road

4.0 out of 5 stars delightful supernatural romance., 22 Oct. 2013
This book didn't let me down. It had all the ingredients needed for a thrilling romance.
The characters were memorable and gave me many laughs. The romance, well we all knew where it was heading, but it was a lovely journey to get there.
The best thing about this story was the author didn't let the supernatural element run away with the plot. It was... or should that be she was... always in the background and it wasn't until the end that the ghost played a huge part.
It was an delightful, easy read and I'd recommend this book if anyone is looking for a light romance.

Unearthed (Specter, Inc., Ghost Hunter Series Book 1)
Unearthed (Specter, Inc., Ghost Hunter Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 11 Oct. 2013
Huge thank you to the author for writing such a great book.

It's a short story which I read in one sitting. I didn't read the review or synopsis of this book before I started, so I had no idea of what to expect.

Without giving spoilers. It's a great supernatural romance, with a plot that had me laughing aloud and also crying.

A super read which I enjoyed very much.

Radio Gaga
Radio Gaga

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Radio Gaga (Kindle Edition)
This books has everything. It's actually difficult to give a genre as it has romance, comedy and thriller in equal measure.
I started reading the book before I knew what it was about, so I was happy and surprised that it was such a fantastic read. It's certainly a page turner and you will love, hate and relate to the characters.
No spoilers here :)

A superb book that will not disappoint.

Hot Property (The Kerry Series Book 1)
Hot Property (The Kerry Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 30 Aug. 2013
I knew after the first page of this Irish romp, that I was going to love this book. The characters are likeable, memorable especially the owner of the Blue Door.
As I was reading I felt like I was picking up an old friend. I know I haven't read this book before and I'm not going to forget it for a while, but it felt so familiar.

We all knew how it was going to end, I would have liked to have seen her really give it to Dan instead of letting him off the hook so easily lol

I have Irish roots and I would love to visit one day. The picture the author painted was beautiful. I also have fond memoires of the Rose of Tralee ;)

Finding N-E-D: No Evidence of Disease: The Story of Amanda Faye Brown
Finding N-E-D: No Evidence of Disease: The Story of Amanda Faye Brown
by Michael W. Brown
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Romantic Tragedy., 29 July 2013
Finding N.E.D.

Michael is the perfect husband. Amanda is the perfect wife and fate played a huge part in getting these two soul mates together.
However, life isn't always a fairytale and bad luck follows this couple from the get go.
First a horrific car accident causes Amanda to have to undergo many extremely serious operations that leaves her in tremendous pain. And then they lose the court case due to the jury being blind sighted, which results in them having to pay court costs and extortionist medical bills. But still their love remains, stronger than ever. Then Amanda gets the worst news a person can get. She has Cancer and its terminal.
Any average couple would have broken and folded, their marriage gone, but with Amanda and Michael's courage and determination to beat the disease, their love for one another grew even stronger. Even at the end, Michael cherished every moment with his beautiful wife and Amanda never gave up.
The photos which are published along with the book are disturbing, but the images just bring to light how much this couple had been through.
The story is told so well, you go through this tragic journey with them. Her courage is told through Amanda's, Michael's and even family and friend's words.
I don't think I've cried so much while reading a book and it certainly makes you sit back and think, too be grateful for what you have and to treasure each moment with a loved one.

Iconeyewear Peter Wrap Men's Sunglasses Gun/Blue One Size
Iconeyewear Peter Wrap Men's Sunglasses Gun/Blue One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars packaging sucks, 16 July 2013
I bought these as a present for someone, but on arrival the sunglasses where squashed and misshaped and cannot be worn. Very disappointed.

The Pilgrims' Bounty: The search for The Romanov Cross ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION
The Pilgrims' Bounty: The search for The Romanov Cross ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling journey, 2 July 2013
The book starts out with little tales of each character, their background and life story. And you need this.

I think I was expecting a history lesson , but thankfully the novels doesn't overwhelm with dates and places. What it does, is shows you the lives of the main characters, gives you a great insight of how things worked in these different countries and times. And then all the characters come together in the plot even if they are connected by just a thin thread.

Pilgrims Bounty is about a treasure hunt that would put Mr Brown to shame.
Very easy to read and certainly captivating. Great great first book for this author. Look out for more.

The Mind Readers
The Mind Readers

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Mind Readers (Kindle Edition)
Mind Readers by Lori Brighton is my fav book of 2012 and believe me I've read 80 books so far this year. ( I don't review very often)

It's a fast, easy YA paranormal read that will have you gasping, cringing, laughing and maybe even shed a few tears. A super read. I am so looking forward to reading the next part.

Job well done, Lori.

Dark Seduction
Dark Seduction

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his best, 10 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Dark Seduction (Kindle Edition)
This is one of my favorite stories from Mr. Jeffrey. A sci fi/fantasy thriller with a puddle of horror. I'm not going to give away any of story line, but know that this story will stay with you for a very very long time.

BEWARE of the Shaddowlands.

Page: 1 | 2