ARRAY(0xb3ee10f0)

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by euroelectricals
Price: 263.49

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 3 Jun 2013
I did a lot of research online and (sorry Curry's) tested it in store before buying. The review that convinced me to purchase was submitted by someone who had a long life experience and physical limitations. He'd found it worth while. I have a Dyson about 10 years old so I was blown away when I tried this on arrival and found it picked up better. I pouted in that I had to attach the holder to the wall, but hey ho the instructions were very clear. The instructions state that it will not readily recharge from an extension lead and it means this! However the unit is charging on my kitchen work surface as I type so at least I won't forget it. I managed to hoover my bathroom, stairs and living room ( live in a 1980's semi, not big but not too small either) and it didn't so much as splutter. I was surprised to find it had some charge in it on arrival, maybe naive on my part. It is right what they say when the bottom drops out when you come to empty it and everything follows but at least the previous reviews I'd read warned me. I am one for tripping over wires and I can't readily carry a conventional one upstairs and I get fed up of relying on some kind soul to do it for me. I want to be independent and this is the tool to help me do so. I'd hoovered my stairs in minutes. It isn't as noisy as a conventional one and yes you have to keep your hand on the trigger but it is no effort, very grip friendly. The filter needs a cold rinse once a month but this will be easier than remembering to do the other one every 6 months. I am delighted with this, it is my new best friend!

Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty
Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty
by Catherine Bailey
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Diamonds - stranger than fiction., 29 Oct 2012
I have just finished this thrilling read and in answer to the speculative comments left by other reviewers I have to say, accept it in good faith. Some of my ancestry is based around Wentworth in the time the book covers and I found myself nodding in a lot of places because Catherine Bailey has put on paper the 'stories' my mother told me backed by her parents generation so we are speaking 1850-1950's. My great grandfathers understood that they could knock on the door of Wentworth House at any time to speak to the Earl, on any matter and he regarded the park as belonging to his employees as much as himself. Maud's name featured among a lot of local girls born in the early twentieth century out of affection, not duty to the Earl's wife.
Mining has such a badly perceived image even now but Catherine has managed to convey the grim reality of it with objectivity - I have been to the pit face and it is just like she describes. As a woman I simply cannot comprehend how they did it, but when you walk around Wentworth village and see the pretty homes and gardens, the miners at least had something to make their eyes glad when they came back up. I could visualise step for step the funeral cortege to the church and see the locals lining the route. I thank Catherine for bringing the formal gardens and greenhouses to life. How curious that my grandfather had alternating blue and white lobelia in his garden year afer year.
Some years ago my mum took me to Chatsworth and we visited Kick's grave. Like the locals my mum placed no judgement on the Fitzwilliams but it was clear she knew the circumstances which led to their demise in its truth, regardless of what Rose Kennedy or the papers printed and so when I read it here Catherine filled gaps. My mum was also clear when she said that JFK visited the grave privately in later years. I don't blame the Fitzwilliams' for torching their history, the locals give them their finest testament.
Well done Catherine, you have done the ancestors proud.

Philips HR1372 Hand Blender with Double Action Blade, 700 Watt
Philips HR1372 Hand Blender with Double Action Blade, 700 Watt
Offered by GSM-Fonz
Price: 88.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips processor., 31 Aug 2012
I bought this after reading a review by a chef. It is stylish, easy to put together without instructions, very quiet to operate and clean afterwards. Some might find it a bit heavy but the wattage makes easy work of the task in hand. The only down side is that when you come to release the motor from the gadget you need 2 hands to press the buttons and release but if it were any easier it wouldn't be solid. The stainless is a bonus because there is no discolouring.

A North Country Lass
A North Country Lass
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Eeh Lass, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: A North Country Lass (Audio CD)
Lesley is just my favourite female singer. She makes every note resonate in a song. I hesitated to buy this because I am not a fan of her 'pop' music, but what the heck. She really has excelled with this and the inclusion of different musicians is a plus. I play it a lot and it sounds as though it was fun to record. All around my hat takes on a new perspective and Lesley's rendition brings the scene to life in my mind.

Noah
Noah
Offered by Side Two
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Noah - wow, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Noah (Audio CD)
I sat in our local cathedral this year when the BBC was producing an Easter programme. My student daughter had been unable to finance a Mother's Day present for me and thought that as I liked a bit of a sing plus our cathedral it would do. I was glad to go but didn't have a good view of the singers during rehearsal. It was all a bit blah blah, yeah yeah. Then a voice practised 'amazing grace' and the whole building became still, the atmosphere was electric and the hairs stood on the back of your neck. To put it baldly I imagined a man like John Prescott singing and when I tried to get a view of the singer I failed.
During the programme the first verse of this song was sung by the singer, the second with the choir and the third or fourth with the congregation. I was able to move and see the singer at this point and was blown away by the sight of this gorgeous man. I feel really priveleged to say I have sung with him. Frazer Hines was among the cast and he was the first to go across and shake Noah's hand after the recording. Noah's voice is that of an angel. He crosses the ranges and genres, melifluous may be the word.
One of the ladies who left as I did said to me that it would take more than her cocoa to put her to sleep that night after seeing and hearing Noah and let's face it he wasn't going to come round and sort her out! He deserves every success. Needless to say I bought the CD as soon as I saw it, but if you get the chance to see him live it is 10 times better because he reaches tones and sounds the microphone can't pick up, but the CD never fails to delight me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 10:39 PM GMT

Free Standing Toilet Roll Holder & Multi Toilet Roll Storage Chrome Finish
Free Standing Toilet Roll Holder & Multi Toilet Roll Storage Chrome Finish
Offered by Fair Deals2U
Price: 12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars free standing toilet roll holder., 31 Aug 2012
Fed up of drilling holes in walls to fix toilet roll holders which don't last long. This can be moved to suit, easy to slot the roll on. The only down side is that the storage holder takes some faffing to get the rolls up and out, but you know, so what, it is a great product, I would buy this again.

Arm Length Examination Gloves **Sensitive**, box of 100
Arm Length Examination Gloves **Sensitive**, box of 100
Offered by Homestead Farm Supplies
Price: 12.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Arm length gloves., 31 Aug 2012
Had pvc gloves which have perished over the years. These are better because you have touch feel as though you aren't wearing any and they are also strong enough not to pierce easily.

Pack of 5 Self Adhesive Plate Hanger 100mm Size / Stick On Plate Hanging Disc
Pack of 5 Self Adhesive Plate Hanger 100mm Size / Stick On Plate Hanging Disc
Offered by Cochranes Of Ayr
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Plate hanger, 31 Aug 2012
I used to be able to buy these locally but could not find any. Was pleased to be able to get them online. They are unobtrusive, stick like cement and last for years. There is no marking on the rim of a plate which the plate holders create. Great product.

Beatrix Potter A Journal
Beatrix Potter A Journal
by Beatrix Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter A Journal, 29 July 2012
I saw this book years ago but didn't buy. Am a big fan of this lady and have read her biographies etc. What this Journal does is bring her to life in a way no other book has. Beatrix Potter A Journal shows you her letters, drawings and paintings.At the back is a surprise in the hidden away copy of her Peter Rabbit book. It is suitable for all age ranges and anyone who fails to be delighted by the photos and pictures, not least the facsimile letters, has lost touch with magic. Beatrix conveys herself accepting of nature in all its extremes of beauty and cruelty and has to be one of the most philanthropic characters mankind has ever produced. Pleased to have a copy at last!

Roberts ECO1BK Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Price: 47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts ECO1BK Ecologic 1, 10 July 2012
I too purchased this product on the basis of the reviews on this page. I heard mixed reports about Roberts from friends. It arrived before predicted delivery date and I am more than happy with it. Reception in our house is very poor but we have not had to extend the aerial on this and reception is excellent. We are using recharge batteries and have been surprised how long they last, several days. It is very neat and compact so fits anywhere and is lightweight. It arrives in a cloth bag so is easily packed again with a switch to stop it turning on accidentally. It is easy to use buttons without too much reference to the instruction book. Very pleased all round.

Page: 1 | 2