Profile for Miss D > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens
Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens
Offered by Priority Savings

3.0 out of 5 stars great for the money but check camera compatibility, 26 July 2014
The lens itself is fantastic, it will allow you to capture stunningly sharp focus with beautiful bokeh backgrounds and works great in low light. Beware though that the auto focus feature doesn't work with a lot of Nikon's entry level DSLRs like the 3200 so it is fairly useless for my self portrait challenge for which I purchased it : (

Men's Fitness 50 Meals that Make Muscle MagBook
Men's Fitness 50 Meals that Make Muscle MagBook
by Men's Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars A winning gift for fitness enthusiasts, 26 July 2014
Bought this as a present for my Dad after he decided to start weight lifting and be loves it. He has tried several of the recipes and said they are all really tasty and easy to cook. Apparently it contains the BEST chilli recipe he's ever tried.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A VERY costly 'cheaper' option, 26 July 2014
DON'T BUY THIS. I wish I'd seen the 1 star ratings before I bought this. It's completely unsafe and I'm amazed Amazon are continuing to allow its sale. Mine firstly created magnetic field issues, which was annoying because i couldn't use my computer if it was charging. But now it has sparked and shorted my computer, I now need to replace the entire battery and buy an apple approved charger. I wish I'd bought the official version first time around : (

Rio Microderma Compact Microdermabrasion System
Rio Microderma Compact Microdermabrasion System

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable difference within the first week!, 20 Sept. 2013
I actually ordered this product by mistake, I meant to order the sonic brush, but having opened the package before realising my mistake I thought I would give it a go anyway. I'd read mixed reviews so I wasn't entirely hopeful of results but they have been remarkable.

I have very sensitive problem skin with frequent break outs, dry flaky patches with the odd combination of it also being very oily (sounds attractive, I know!), I normally pile the foundation on in an attempt to cover up the state of my face, which doesn't help the situation. Anyway, within the first 3 days of using this system the flaky skin had gone, my skin looked clearer and my normally clogged pores were clear and visibly smaller.

After the first week I took a break as the instructions suggested, I'm now using it again almost daily before bed and wearing elemis intensive moisture mask overnight to avoid drying my skin out.

I'm now 3 weeks in and for the first time in my adult life I have been able to switch from heavy foundation to a light BB cream as my skin is so much clearer. I have a couple of residual areas of scarring that are clearing up and I'm hopeful that I won't be wearing any foundation within the next few weeks.

Hurrah, finally something that works.

Office Stationery Clam Clip Dispenser Metal Refill 40 Pcs
Office Stationery Clam Clip Dispenser Metal Refill 40 Pcs
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the dispenser the company is selling, 5 Mar. 2013
I bought these to go with the Clam Clip dispenser sold by the same seller (sourcing map) but they don't fit. They are 10mm in size and the Clam clip dispensers are 15mm so be careful to buy the right size.

Make your own crackers - Red Foil Cracker Kit 12 Crackers, hats, jokes etc...
Make your own crackers - Red Foil Cracker Kit 12 Crackers, hats, jokes etc...
Offered by Brimtoy T/a Jesters Toys and Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, a little bit fiddly but worth it, 21 Dec. 2012
I'm impressed with the quality of these, the card is a nice thick stock, just about still OK to roll without creasing, lovely gold hats included and plenty of room to fill with goodies. Word of advice - Stick the snap down with glue in the middle before you fill, or it'll keep slipping out.

Avery Product Labels 12 per Sheet 60mm Diameter Brown Kraft Circular Ref L7106-20 [240 labels]
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, easy to print, 21 Dec. 2012
I purchased these to create some personalised labels as a gift for my Mum, (she loves baking & making chutneys etc), they look amazing. I downloaded the free A4 word template from Avery's website and created the label artwork in photoshop. Really pleased with the quality.

Paleo Diet Explained: How Eating Like a Caveman Can Help You Lose Weight
Paleo Diet Explained: How Eating Like a Caveman Can Help You Lose Weight

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother. Very limited. Pay more and get a proper book, 22 Aug. 2012
This Kindle book is like a preview, it is very light on information, scientific evidence or useful recipes and only a few pages long. If it was in a bookshop I wouldn't have bothered picking it up. Complete load of rubbish. I wish I'd opted for one of the more expensive titles by one of the experts in this field.

Wenko 18770100 Chrome Hair Dryer Holder, 14 x 7.5 x 11.5 cm
Wenko 18770100 Chrome Hair Dryer Holder, 14 x 7.5 x 11.5 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but I had to use nails, 22 Aug. 2012
This little unit is OK but is really only any good if you are attaching to the side of a wardrobe or to tiles, it says it will hold to any smooth surface but it wouldn't hold to my wall, not without ripping the paint off, I had to use nails.

The design is quite handy as I can also hang my hair straighteners off the little prongs at the bottom, even when hot.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice trousers, not sure they'll improve toning, 22 Aug. 2012
These are nice trousers overall, to be honest the 2 back pockets look a bit strange for the gym and they don't zip up so you can't keep anything in them if you're running or bending over, but they are well made and the material doesn't go see-through when stretched.

The easy-tone panels are supposed to help tone your muscles, I'm not sure there's any empirical evidence for this but they do offer support which is nice if you're running, especially when it's cold, it offers slightly more protection agains strains and the like.

They are nice and long in the leg (i'm 5'7 and a size 10), I reckon the size 10 could comfortably fit someone up to 5'10, if you're short you're probably going to have to take these up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4