Profile for Mrs. Gemma L. Cantan > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Gemma L. ...

Mrs. Gemma L. Cantan "gemma_bates4" (London, UK)

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life
by Louise Douglas

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad and captivating story, 30 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Love of My Life (Paperback)
I decided to buy this book after a friend recommended it and then I read all the outstand reviews on here and decided that it might be a nice bedtime read. I do agree that it is hard to put down, I eventually took it to work to read during my lunch break as I was desperate to find out the truth.

I wanted to love this story. I wanted to become completely taken in by it and while I felt Olivia to be a remarkable and powerful character, I found it hard to love it as much as some of my previous reads but its still an amazing book and I would recommend it. I think I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to read it but Louise Douglas is an amazing writer and I would defiantly read more of her books.

Goodnight, Beautiful
Goodnight, Beautiful
by Dorothy Koomson

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could forget it so I could read it all over again!, 7 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Goodnight, Beautiful (Paperback)
I was browsing the aisle's at my local supermarket looking for something good to read after I finished an amazing book while on holiday and something about the title caught my eye and I picked it up. From the moment I started reading it I couldn't bear to put it down. I was captivated from the first chapter and I felt for her, but I had this dark feeling the whole way through what would happen. I loved Nova, she was such an amazing friend and I felt for her so many times. I took it work to read during lunch and later regretted it when I had to lock myself in the toilet so I could cry. It broke my heart but I loved it all the same. I just love books that keep my on edge, I don't like stories that are readable but something about the ending still gets to me everytime I think about it...Mac! Steph, bothered me most of the way through the story, she'd appear and then reappear and I hated the way she was with Mac but towards the end I even though I disliked her began to realised that she was 'scared' of losing the person she loved the most, just like Nova so I understood even if I didn't totally agree with her reasons for alot of it.

I wish I could forget it so I could read it all over again! It's a beautiful book with strong, amazing characters and I will always think about it with a tear in my eye. Breathtaking...

The Love of Her Life
The Love of Her Life
by Harriet Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars What a read! Totally captivating..., 18 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Love of Her Life (Paperback)
I was browsing Tesco when I came across 'The Love of her life' and after having read through the contents of my bedroom at least twice I decided to take the chance and it certainly paid off. From the moment I started I just didn't want to put it down. I found myself sympathising with Kate the whole way through and I loved how the story unfolded and I was rooting for her and Mac the whole way through. I couldn't help but relate it to my own life.

I am now going to buy every Harriet Evans novel there is...she's capitvated me!

I've now leant it to a friend who is also totally in love with it!

Best book I've read in ages!

Do You Remember the First Time?
Do You Remember the First Time?
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it...but, 18 July 2006
I loved it! I found I could relate to Flora...I remember only to vividly what it was like being 16 and I probably wouldn't want to relive it but I found it amazing how she ajusted and got on with things and I was highly bemused when Clelland pulled his brother Jamie away from her. ha ha ha. I adored it but there are a few things that I didn't like...

On another note I would have liked a bigger twist at the end. I liked her relationship with Jamie alot... It would make an awesome film! I would 100% say that it would make even the strongest person, laugh, cry and crinch. I want to read more of Jenny Colgan's books...who ever said books that come free with magazines are rubbish was a liar because I think its great. I couldn't put it down...I even took it to work! lol. I've been telling all my friends about it. I've even got a few friends asking me to lend it to them but I don't think so...its my fave story of the year!

The Boy Next Door
The Boy Next Door
by Emlyn Rees

4.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've read in ages...but what an ending!, 16 July 2006
This review is from: The Boy Next Door (Paperback)
I bought this book years ago but due to moving twice it somehow ended up unread and in a box gathering dust but a few weeks ago I finally sorted out the junk and found it and it bought back so many memories of my own childhood. My heart fluttered through various moments and I liked how it jumped from his thoughts to hers and I did find myself holding back the tears towards the end when they were torn apart. It really got to me and I was shocked to find that it ended pretty much there. I wanted more...I wanted to learn more about them as a couple and the fact that it left me feeling sad and almost in tears even though it was happy.

It was an amazing book and I can't believe it sat in a box for so long but you can't go wrong with a first love story and romance it makes my heart bounce with the mere mention of it. I will one day read this book again...it's well worth it!

The Guardian
The Guardian
by Nicholas Sparks

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 14 Jun. 2006
This review is from: The Guardian (Paperback)
From the very first chapter I found it hard to put it down. I wanted to know more and more as the characters unfolded. Julie was such a strong character but I felt her pain of moving on which you don't often get from other books. What can I say about Mike? He made my heart flutter everytime he interacted with Julie. My heart went out to him at the beginning when Richard became involved with Julie. I was kept on the edge of my seat all the way through. I was constantly ooohing and arrring as I read more and more. I found the ending fantastic the whole book was leading up to that moment on the beach and I couldn't put it down until I'd finished the last four chapters. I only have one more thing to say and is that I wanted to read more about Mike and Julie. I loved their relationship together...it kind of ended where the story almost could have begun. Excellent! I'd recommend it to anyone...trully remarkable!

Dawson's Creek: Season 3 [DVD]
Dawson's Creek: Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Van Der Beek
Offered by Preowned Discs Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!!!, 20 Aug. 2004
This has to be the best season. I love it when Joey and Pacey got together. Its been along time coming too. I can't wait to watch it again. Its actually a very sensitive season. Well worth watching over and over again.