Profile for Mr. Peter Steward > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter Steward

Mr. Peter Steward "petersteward" (Norwich, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels Book 11)
The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels Book 11)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly hackneyed, 20 May 2015
This was the first book I have read by Mark Billingham. I found it on the shelves of a cottage I was staying in. My son is a big fan of his work.

It's probably wrong to start reading a author way into a series of books, but this does work as a stand alone novel and I was able to pick up on major events that have obviously taken place before. Tom Thorne is back in uniform, but insisting that a series of what look like suicides are really murders.

It's not a who done it because pretty soon we find out. It's more of a why did he do it and how is he going to be caught. I didn't find Thorne a particularly agreeable character and rather one dimensional and the plot was rather hackneyed with characters behaving according to type. There is little originality in Thorne's take on policing or indeed the character of police officers.

It was good enough, however, to make me want to start at the beginning of the series and read them through. One of its good points was it's an easy read. So if you like that aspect of crime novels and want something quick to read on holiday this is a good deal.

Kingston DataTraveler 101 Generation 3 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Kingston DataTraveler 101 Generation 3 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 20 May 2015
Cheap and cheerful. Anice blue colour and small enough to be very portable, but large enough to ensure it doesn't get lost. Plenty of space in the 16 gb and I have already downloaded music to play in the car. Can recommend this.

GRDE® Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Headset, Splash-proof Sweatproof Earphone, Headphone with NFC Function. Support Mute Mode, Call, Answer and Redial the Last Number for Iphone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and Other Mobile Phones with Bluetooth and NFC (black)
Offered by GRDESUPPLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Buy, 20 May 2015
I have to admit that I'm new to the world of Bluetooth Headsets, so was intrigued to try this which was sent to me for an honest review.

This offers excellent value for money and I was intrigued to find out how easy it was to pair. Well once you have worked out which button to press I found my HTC phone picked it up immediately and I was soon streaming music from Napster without any problems.

I was able to move across my lounge without any loss of quality, although it's a good idea to have your phone or device close by. The headset fitted comfortable and it does come with replacement ear pieces. Overall a good buy.

Btopllc MP4/MP3 Player-with 8 GB Micro SD Card-1.81'' Screen Music Player, Audio Player, Media Player, Voice Recorder (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Good Value, 20 May 2015
For the price this cannot be faulted. It gives 8gb of space so plenty of tracks can be recorded.

I have given it five stars mainly because of its value for money. I wouldn't pretend that the reproduction is top class and you do have to be aware that it doesn't support Itunes. But, as I have said, for the price it's excellent value. I had to remove the Micro card a couple of times to get it recognised on my computer but after that it was a simple matter to drag and drop tracks onto it. You might like to invest in some slightly better ear phones, but again we go back to the good value that this little player is.

As other reviewers have said, it is an excellent introduction for youngsters and also older people who aren't too worried about having having top quality sound reproduction.

Pixnor P2016 Portable 7-in-1 Facial Brush Body Cleansing System with 2 Speeds for Women&Men to Renew Skins with a Refreshed and Smooth Feel-Deeply Cleaning Skin - Natural Anti-aging - Microdermabrasion Cleanser Tool Kit - Exfoliating Dead Skin Cells - Stimulate Collagen - Beauty Care Massager Facial&Body Cleanser Powered by 2*AA battery(Rosy)
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 6 May 2015
I was offered this for review. It's small, colourful and works on two batteries.

I used the machine to get rid of some annoying hard skin and it worked a treat. It's easy to hold and seems comfortable whilst working at angles. It's certainly small enough to pack in an overnight bag. It comes with seven different heards including brushes and pads. It's not water resistant so don't try to clean it in soapy water or anything. Just use a slightly damp cloth.

At under £10 it certainly does the job.

PIXNOR 11 Pairs of 36cm Silver Stainless Steel Straight Single Pointed Knitting Needles Crochet Hooks with Different Size of 2.0mm /2.5mm /3.0mm /3.5mm /4.0mm /4.5mm /5.0mm /5.5mm /6.0mm /7.0mm /8.0mm
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Product at a Very Good Price, 6 May 2015
Well I really am not the person to review knitting needles, simply because I do not knit. I do, however, regularly wear the results of my wife's knitting. I have to say she leapt on these and demanded that I feature her comments. So here they are.

She felt they were genuinely flexible. They had their sizes well printed to avoid confusion and they came individually packaged. One of the best things about them were value for money.

Already our grandson has had a pullover made using these and my wife is well made up by a very good product.

JNTworld Foldable wired DJ Headset(with Mic) stereo headphones Earphones (85mm Large Ear-cup), white
Offered by jntworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly Good for the Price, 21 April 2015
I was sent a pair of these headphones for an honest review and I have to say I find them quite astonishing.

I use the word astonishing because I cannot believe that these cost under £19 including postage. They look and feel much more expensive. At first I was a little concerned that being white they might look a little over the top. Not so. Their colour just enhances their look.

For me there are five major criteria when it comes to headphones: 1/ the price (already covered), 2/ the look (again already mentioned), 3/ the price (a bargain), 4/ The comfort and 5/ the performance.

These are comfortable, not too heavy. I often have problems with headphones after half an hour or so listening. Probably something to do with the shape of my ears. These remained comfortable and I gave up listening due to it being bed time rather than anything else. As for performance, well once again for the price these are quite amazing and certainly as good as headphones three times the price.

Nice also to see that they fold up to save space. Overall I really can't fault what are excellent headphones at a small price.

Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Recommended, 19 April 2015
A couple of years ago I bought a state of the art (at the time) 500mb portable drive. It needed to be hooked into the electricity supply. That just illustrates how far we have come with these drives. I only have a USB 2.0 connection and this drive is tiny, which makes it extremely portable. My main reason for buying it was as a back-up for my thousands of digital photographs.

Simplicity itself to set up. I just hooked it into my computer using the USB cable supplied. It picked it up immediately. I then copied my photo files across and was surprised at how fast it worked - copying the files across in a very short time whilst I enjoyed a cup of coffee.

Bags of space that is likely to last me for months and even years. Thoroughly recommended.

Tru Moroccan Best Natural Shampoo - This Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo Is The Best Moisturizing Shampoo For Dry Hair - Guaranteed To Instantly Give Your Hair Silky, Shiny, Body - Sells Out Fast!
Offered by Tru Moroccan Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky Clean, 19 April 2015
Certainly had that squeaky clean feel about it. I was told when I offered to review this item that it wouldn't produce a lather, but there was certainly a good soapy feel to it and it left my hair with a lively sheen. I primarily use this natural shampoo after a session in the gym when I feel the need to replace essential oils sometimes lost through sweating.

It certainly does the job and smells good as well. I found I only needed to use relatively small amounts for each wash which makes it cost effective as well. Certainly a very good shampoo.

DBPOWER® BX-100 All in One Portable Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker with Dual Speakers and Enanced Bass Resonator, FM Radio, Built-in Mic, LED Display, Alarm clock, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Support TF Card/Micro SD Card and USB Input, 15-25M Bluetooth Range, up to 6 Hours Playtime, Support MP3, WAV, WMA, APE, FLAC Format (Black & Red)
Offered by MyStore365

5.0 out of 5 stars A Portable Beauty at a Giveaway Price, 1 April 2015
At the price of £19.99 this compact speaker is an absolute bargain.

I was sent one for an honest review and it's as good if not better than much more expensive speakers.

It comes in a nice solid box and includes leads and a short set-up leaflet that is scarcely needed as it's so easy to set-up and paired instantly with my HTC phone. It looks nice and sleek and quite trendy. The black design blends in nicely in my study. The quality of streamed music is very good and its ability to be used as a hands free telephone kit is excellent.

For me, however, the best part is the FM radio. The pre-tuning is good. One press of a button and 14 stations pre-programmed. If they are slightly off key you can move the frequency up in very small increments until its sharp. The battery is good. I've had this on play all day and it still doesn't need a charge. It also has a digital clock display.

For the price I have nothing less than admiration for this portable beauty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20