Profile for Mr. Peter Steward > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter Steward

Mr. Peter Steward "petersteward" (Norwich, England)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Aukey 20000mAh Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank with AIPower Tech for Apple iPad iPhone Samsung Google Nexus LG HTC Motorola and other USB Powered Devices (White)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Massive Help, 29 Sept. 2014
Sometimes an item comes along which is a massive help and not just a cosmetic help. So it is with this unit.

It's solid and quite heavy, but relatively small and very portable.

Recently I travelled to Greece and had problems charging up Kindle Fires, Ipads and phones due to a poor connection. This would have been the answer. Charge this unit up and then use it to charge up other devices. It's as simple as that. So far I have used it to charge up four items and it's still going strong. When it does run down you charge the unit up itself for about 12 hours and it's ready to go again.

So this is an ideal way to solve those holiday problems and also saves having to take lots of plugs on your travels. Just plug the USB into the charger unit and the other end into your device. And there's the added bonus that you can charge two items at once. In addition it has a very useful flashlight to help you see what you are doing.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great for Six Way Perfection, 29 Sept. 2014
Firstly let me say that I was sent this item to give an honest review and that honest review is simple.

It is a perfect piece of kit. Small and portable, it has no fewer than six USB slots. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that six devices can be charged at the same time. They may seem an obvious thing to say, but just think of it. Charging a tablet, a mobile phone, an MP3 player at the same time with the option to pop in a camera and any other items.

Time saving and everything charged up beautifully. It is therefore difficult to find any fault with this. I had it working in tandem with a power bank charger, giving me so many options when I travel both in this country and abroad. This really is the key to hassle free charging from one power point.

Billy Elliot [The Original Cast Recording]
Billy Elliot [The Original Cast Recording]

4.0 out of 5 stars It Is A Grower, 29 Sept. 2014
I agree with so many of the other reviews of this CD - it is a grower.

Having seen the film I went one further by going to the cinema to see the live stage show being transmitted live. What a show. Somehow the music and the show is able to mix pathos, history and comedy all in one production.

Taken on its own the music isn't classic by any means but when listened to in the light of having seen the show, it becomes full of meaning and memories.

Elton John has done a good job in capturing the mood and there are some lovely moments here.

sussed!® VICES & VIRTUES | the hilarious conversation game
sussed!® VICES & VIRTUES | the hilarious conversation game
Offered by Games to Get Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Twist, 27 Sept. 2014
Sussed gets more personal!! Having enjoyed the last two series I was again very interested in a slightly different twist to the latest game. So I played it with my friendly guinea pigs. I always like to try out games on people with a sense of humour. It led to some very good natured banter and quite a lot of laughs.

It also showed that i know a lot more about my wife than she does about me! The scoring in this version is slightly simpler than in some previous versions but once again it does illustrate how much you know about other people and even how much you know about yourself in a fun way. It's not a game that should be taken seriously.

This version deals with vices and virtues and each card has a particular theme or topic. So when one of my friends got helpfulness he started to squirm - particularly when he felt he was a lot more helpful than his wife did (hence the good natured banter).

The rules are simple, it's easy to play, it's easy to score and above all it provides hours of fun - not forgetting arguments.

DBPOWER® 9.5'' Inch Portable DVD Player Widescreen Swivel & Flip Black Remote Control Plays Movie Audio With Game MP3 FM

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable and Simply Efficient, 25 Sept. 2014
I have been wanting a portable family DVD player for some time and so was delighted when I was offered one of these in return for an honest review.

I unpacked it with my two year old grandson helping and his first word was "wow". We soon had Postman Pat playing. First comment was how striking the screen is. Large enough to be easy to see and the whole machine feels solid. The display colours are vivid The function buttons are silver on a black background and easy to use and inserting a DVD or CD is simplicity itself. Sound quality is very good for a machine of this price and not tinny as you might expect and it works well with headphones. Battery life is somewhere in the region of two hours but there is a car charger included. There is also a disc with 300 retro games - things like mah john, chess and pacman.

Supports USB and SD cards which allows the playing of photographs and music. The screen also rotates which is useful if viewing in sunlight or if a different angle is needed. I have yet to try the television mode but once I have I will update this review.

Overall it's a smashing piece of kit that will provide us with hours of entertainment and keep grandson very happy on those long car journeys. Another success story for DB Power. It is easy to use without the instruction book, but the wording of the instructions is an art in itself and caused a few laughs in our household. So entertainment all the way.

1Byone Upscale PU Cambridge Bag for iPad, iPad Air, Preppy Look and British Style- - Swallow gird color
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best ideas for the ipad I have come across and ..., 25 Sept. 2014
I own a number of Ipad style covers but this satchell design is rather different and ideal for holidays or walks - let's face it even ipads need to take a break sometime.

Allows the machine to be carried on the shoulder or back and also to be carried in briefcase style. It also gives a solid and firm base for the Ipad, leaving ample space also for a small keyboard and/or papers, tickets etc. I was sent the blue number for review and have no problem in giving it five stars due to its versitility in acting as a cover and a carrier and also allowing a decent set-up for the table top.

This is one of the best ideas for the ipad I have come across and is highly recommended at the price.

Bolse® High Output 3-Port USB Car Charger (25W / 5A) Provides Maximum Speed For 3 Devices At Once With SmartIC Technology for Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; LG G2; Motorola and HTC (Build-in Micro USB Cable)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Formed and Very Useful, 25 Sept. 2014
At times I think I will return to the pre-technology Luddide days when car journeys involved scratchy cassettes and the occasional radio programme.

Then along came phones, I pads, Sat Navs and the car turned into a home office and entertainment centre. I love technology but have lost count of how many times my mobile, my MP3 player has run out of juice on a long journey. So many wires, so much confusion.

So Bolse's three port USB car charger is a real step forward. Charged my HTC effortlessly and speedily. Did the same thing for the MP3 Player which allowed me to keep going with my music even on the longest journeys. Really it is difficult to fault something that is perfectly formed and so useful.

(Set of 7 Pcs) Bravolink Fashion Cosmetic Brushes Set Elegant Burgundy Red Make Up Brushes with Bag and Facial Sponge

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and Subtle, 25 Sept. 2014
Obviously I had to pass on these brushes which were sent to me for review to my wife. First the nuts and bolts. The pack consists of seven brushes in various sizes in a Burgundy make-up bag.

The brushes are very soft which makes them ideal for even the fairest skin. The case looks good and has magnetic fasteners which makes it easy to snap shut.

The proof of the pudding as they say is in the eating and my wife thought that these were excellent. Like most women she spends a huge amount of time getting ready when we go out. These are now arranged on her vanity table (or whatever it's called) and she uses them regularly and that's recommendation enough for me.

Popular Problems
Popular Problems

3.0 out of 5 stars A Growling Voice That Has Aged, 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Popular Problems (Audio CD)
I found it very interesting after listening to this album to go back to Cohen's first two albums.

Some people have voices that don't seem to age - Joan Baez - for instance. Others get deeper with age - Cohen and Tom Waits being examples.

The 80 year old Cohen now "sings" in a kind of deep grumble. That makes things interesting because the addition of sweet girlie choruses help to sweeten the pill and act as a complete contrast. But it is important to judge this as a new album and not to compare it to the early output.

As others have said it's good but not great. Take the opening track "Slow" where Cohen tells us "he likes to take things slow not because of his age but because that's the way he has always been." The growl continues on "Almost Like the Blues" and by the fifth track it's all beginning to feel rather samey. That doesn't mean that it's a bad album - far from it. But there are no Cohen classics here, although it does once again illustrate that Cohen is a bona fide poet and always has been.

Certainly if you can get past the voice there's some interesting music here. I would suggest listening closely to the lyrics will enhance the experience.

Bolse® High Output 3-Port USB Car Charger (27W / 5.4A), Provides Maximum Speed For 3 Devices At Once With SmartIC Technology for iPhone 5, 5S, 4S; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; iPad Air, 5, 4, mini; LG G2; Motorola and HTC
Offered by T.M. Enterprise