Profile for Mr. Peter Steward > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter Steward

Mr. Peter Steward "petersteward" (Norwich, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
1byone QH-0343 Easy Chime Portable Waterproof Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit, With CD Quality Sound and LED Flash 36 Melodies Tunes To Choose, Stable Wireless Transmitting Range - 1 Year LimitedWarranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly Fun, 30 Oct. 2014
OK so lets start by coming clean. This is annoying, but annoying in a very good way.

My two year old grandson calls me annoyiing when I'm winding him up. So when I say the chimes on this product are annoying I mean in a very good way.

My old doorbell was just that an old doorbell. It only rang once and for years has been living on borrowed time. Then 1ByOne - one of my favourite companies - by the way sent me this in exchange for an honest review.

So I set it up - you do have to provide some of the batteries and was away. It has a variety of chimes including the tradition bing bong along with festive pieces for Christmas and Hallow'een, although it has to be said that the latter sounds suspiciously like another Christmas piece.

This Christmas, however, friends and callers will be met with Jingle Bells when they press the doorbell. It may be annoying but ut's going to be a whole host of fun.

[Apple MFI Certified] 1byone® Lightning to USB Cable 3.28ft (1M) for iPhone 6 6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod nano 7th Gen and iPod touch 5th Generation-1-Year Limited Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Good Value, 30 Oct. 2014
As usual with the 1Byone brand, this looks good and is an excellent alternative to Apple products.

In fact it seems to charge as fast as anything I have yet used for the Iphone and Ipad.

When buying you just need to ensure that you have got the correct connection as this cable is designed for a variety of iphones, ipads and ipod but not many of the earlier versions. Get the right connector and you are away and this is such good value.

1Byone 3-Port 5.1A Premium Aluminum Car Charger For Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5 5S 5C 4 4S, iPad 2 3 4, iPad mini & Air, iPad air 2, iPod, Any Android and Any Cell Phone & Tablet, Use in Automobile or On the Go! LED Illuminated, Portable & Rapid Battery Charger for Travel, 26W High Power & High Speed! Long Time Worry-Free Warranty!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping Everyone Happy, 30 Oct. 2014
Like many others I just can't fault this as a labour saving device whilst on the move.

Firstly it's very small and of course it's going to get a good review as long as it functions. ...and this one functions nicely. I was sent this by 1 ByOne for review and have found their products to be of a very high quality indeed.

The main question about this of course is its functionality - or to put it crudely does it do what it says on the tin.

Well it fits nicely into the relevant place in my car and allows up to three devices to be charged at once and how useful is that with somebody in the front seat that wants to read and people in the back who want to use the ipad and other devices. This keeps everyone happy.

1byone OUK00-0316 28 dB Panel Antenna/Amplified Digital Indoor TV Aerial with FM Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Boosting Reception, 30 Oct. 2014
This is a good unobtrusive flat aerial that does the business.

Yes I may have too many televisions but a couple of them had iffy reception. I plugged this in on one of them and there was an instant improvement which makes it a bargain.

It's unfussy, small and effective and well worth purchasing if you want to boost your reception.

1Byone 27W 4-Port Travel-Sized Multi Ports Desktop USB Wall Charger with U-station Design for iPhone 6 5s 5c 5, iPad 4 mini Air, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4, Note 3 2, the new HTC One (M8), Nexus, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers and More-18-month hassle-free warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars An End to Hassle, 30 Oct. 2014
I used to be the kind of person that had to hunt in hotel rooms etc for power points. Four different devices, needing four different points or one of those ugly multi adapters that came in with the Ark.

Now thanks to the many electronic items on the market, this is no longer necessary. I keep this charger on my desk, always available to charge my ipad etc. It is a relatively swift charge and it looks good and is compact enough to pop into an overnight bag. The protective covers are good as well and it has a very nice white finish. Can recommend this as an end to the hassle.

eBoot 5W Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad for for Nexus, Nokia, Samsung, Google, LG, HTC and Other Qi Enabled Phones with 5V1A Micro USB Output

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, round and light, 30 Oct. 2014
This is small, round and light - as it should be for such a job.

Some people have suggested that phones can easily topple over. I certainly haven't found this as my HTC fits snuggly on the top and, providing you don't knock it massively, stays put. Charged up well with no hassle Also good for charging two phones at once with one using a cable.

It also holds very securely onto a solid surface and at a good price as well.

Tenvis Iprobot3 Security WIFI Camera H.264 1.3 Megapixel 1280x720(720P) IP Network Camera
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Portable and Recommended, 30 Oct. 2014
No problems with this relatively small device. I found it pretty easy to set-up and it had an ability to pan and tilt that you would expect from much more expensive equipment.

The pictures were pretty clear and I tried it at a number of angles and directions with the same result.

This has a fun side to it in producing good images of family etc, but also has a very good safety application. I am fortunate to live in a very safe part of the country and don't feel the need for expensive home security or cameras. This works straight off wi-fi and is really all I need to be able to monitor my home on my tablet and smart phone.

The Vanishing Point
The Vanishing Point

4.0 out of 5 stars Divided Views, 29 Oct. 2014
This book seems to have truly divided opinions with some people loving it and some hating. I am moving to the former side. Yes it's a bit hackneyed and yes it does seem incongruous that when a child has been snatched, the guardian sits in an office rumenating on the past, but that's just the author's way of letting the plot unravel.

I didn't find the language stilted or trite and found the ending reasonable. So overall I would say if you are a McDermid fan give it a go and make up your own mind without bieng swayed too much by reviews. I wouldn't like to predict which camp you will end up in, howvere.

The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)
The Illegal Gardener (The Greek Village Collection Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars For a Spot of Romance, 29 Oct. 2014
A gentle book about forgiveness and redemption.

Having just visited Southern Greece I wanted to read a few books that brought back memories of a very pleasant holiday. This was my first. I'm not quite sure whether it will make me read others by this author as I found the ending slightly disappointing.

I think my wife enjoyed the book slightly more than me - so maybe it's aimed more at females. The characters were in the main well rounded, but at times the plot meandered and I felt that it didn't quite grab the essence of Greek village life. I would have liked more descriptions of the village itself. Overall though a good book if you are looking for a spot of romance.

The Thief Taker
The Thief Taker

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth a Read, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Thief Taker (Kindle Edition)
This book is certainly easy to read and does evoke the sounds and sights of Plague written London. The story is less convincing, however. It sometimes stretches believe too far with too many co-incidences and by the end we are left wondering just who this thief taker is and what is the significance of his family history - obviously leaving the author space for a second book.

So overall I would recomment it, despite, as many readers have pointed out, some inaccuracies. It evokes the horrors and filth and squalor of the times.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20