Profile for Lass in Dubai > Reviews

Kashkha by Swiss Arabian Perfumes Concentrated Perfume Oil 20ml
Offered by Al Manar Books and Perfumes
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Arabian, 21 Jan 2014
Bought this via Amazon as a gift to be delivered to the UK as my mother loved the smell of Arabian perfumes when she visited Dubai last year. This perfume is an oil and is very strong so you only need to use a very small drop so it will last a very long time. Arabian perfume oils are very different from the normal perfumes and you either love them or not. I happen to love them and was pleased to be able to order Kashkha online in the UK.

Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium
Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 Jan 2014
Got the juicer at a great price on Amazon and carried it in my suitcase to the UAE! It was boxed superbly for carriage and once out of the box it's not so big. We couldn't wait to try it out and bought masses of fruit and vegetables to make our own concoctions although the juicer came with a great Jason Vale recipe book (we saw Jason demonstrate here in Dubai at Media City in 2013 - hence the reason we wanted the juicer). We've never had the goodness from so much fruit/veg. The downside is the cleaning of it but that's to be expected, it's also a tad noisy, but that's to be expected too. On the whole - we love it and highly recommend it.

Libya's Unknown Atrocity: A western woman's fight for justice
Libya's Unknown Atrocity: A western woman's fight for justice
by Felicity Prazak
Price: 7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible read of a true account for justice - couldn't put it down, 23 May 2013
I experienced every emotion from the safety of my couch whilst reading of the nightmare experienced by Felicity and her family in the aftermath of her husband Victor's atrocious murder. Victor was flying home to the UK from his work in Libya to be with his wife and family for Christmas when his plane was shot down in Libyan airspace.

Felicity's true grit and determination thereafter to search for answers, whilst the UK Government, the Foreign Office etc. turned a blind eye, is testament to her resolve for justice. The fact that she later accepted a teaching role in Libya is astonishing, as was the treatment she received when she got there! I was amazed to read of the countries she has worked in so that she could maintain her family whilst continually fighting for the truth. Many would have crumbled but Felicity will not go quietly. I Googled every newspaper report on her when I had finished the book. Amazing.

In the Name of Honour
In the Name of Honour
by Mukhtar Mai

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable woman, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: In the Name of Honour (Paperback)
Wow! Horrendous, incredulous, fascinating. Mukhtat Mai must be one of the most courageous women I have ever read about. The absolutely disgusting ordeal that she suffered is still happening today but due to her will and determinated she survived and challenged the authorities and won. A remarkable woman.

Mother without a Mask: A Westerner's Story of Her Arab Family
Mother without a Mask: A Westerner's Story of Her Arab Family
by Patricia Holton

5.0 out of 5 stars So interesting, 17 Jan 2013
Gives an insight to the Middle East that is so interesting as it takes the reader to a family's way of life there around the time of the initial oil exploration and the exodus from Al Ain to Abu Dhabi and it's written from the perspective of a British woman, hence the title.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2013
Another gift for my husband that I purchased along with Charles C Ebbets Lunch Atop a Skyscraper poster. Great service.

Charles C Ebbets Lunch Atop A Skyscraper Photo Art Print Maxi Poster - 61x91 cm
Charles C Ebbets Lunch Atop A Skyscraper Photo Art Print Maxi Poster - 61x91 cm
Offered by Poster Revolution UK
Price: 4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2013
Bought the poster for a gift for my husband and he absolutely loves it - need to have it framed soon.

SEBASTIAN craft clay 50 ml
SEBASTIAN craft clay 50 ml
Offered by Your Hair Products
Price: 10.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 17 Jan 2013
It's cheaper to buy online that in a salon and the reason for my latest purchase was for a gift. I really like this product and hate when I run out of it myself.