Profile for booboolina > Reviews

Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition
Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition
by Richard Gross

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Mr Gross!!, 20 May 2015
If you are confused as to which psychology book to get then look no further! This book is like the Psychology Bible! It has nearly everything in it. It has snippets of info on so many subjects within Psychology. Of course if you are studying just one specific part (sociology) then buy a more in depth Social Psychology book. I know someone said it has little definitions in the book but I would say that if you cannot do little enough research as to find a definition hen perhaps psychology is not the right course for you :-)
Seriously out of all the books I purchased this one has been dragged out for nearly every assignment that I have done! BUY IT!!!

Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 9 May 2015
I have literally just come downstairs after trying this out and just had to write this review. I read all the other reviews on this and the three main points I picked up were that it's not a close enough shave, it breaks quickly or it doesn't work from the start.
i opened the box and was surprised to see that it has a razor on either end. One for the legs and the other the bikini area. Neither had I realised the trimmer side used a battery (already supplied in the box).
So with a little anticipation I gave this a go first on my leg and it was a lovely smooth shave. I'm not going to lie, there are closer shavers out there for the legs. I then tried the bikini trimmer and WOW WOW WOW! I love it!! (Mine worked strait away). With the plastic head on it the shave isn't close at all but I took that off and it was fabulous! I was so impressed with it that I got out of the shower and realised that in all the excitement I had only shaved one leg! Oops!
I can honestly recommend this shaver. I cannot say how long it will last but if I had to I wouldn't hesitate buying another. I'm converted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally no longer an effort!, 9 May 2015

Sacred Laughter of the Sufis: Awakening the Soul with the Mulla's Comic Teaching Stories and Other Islamic Wisdom
by Imam Jamal Rahman

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's be who we are really meant to be, 30 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book. There is so much more to Islam than rituals and rules which sadly many people seem to have forgotten. The heart of Islam is exactly that. The heart. Feelings, appreciation, gratefulness and love. People need to get back to the root of this beautiful religion. Stop judging others, open your heart and let's be who we are really meant to be.

Brain over Binge: Why I Was Bulimic, Why Conventional Therapy Didn't Work, and How I Recovered for Good
by Kathryn Hansen

3.0 out of 5 stars No life changer, 30 April 2015
This book is probably great for those who don't know why they have bulimia. She is told in several therapies her bulimia is due to different things such as emotional issues or past events etc. She then has an epiphany as to why she has bulimia and pretty much decides to stop.
The problem I have with this is that I have always known why I had bulimia. I loved food, I was greedy and obsessed but I didn't want to get fat. Yep that pretty much sums it up for me. I suffered from it for over 20 years until the day I found out I was pregnant. I then stopped for the health of my child. There was no easy way I had to use will power (which I don't have much of). I still occasionally relapse (including whilst reading this book) but not nothing like before.
I did like the 'animal brain' parts but then I was already aware of that.
It's a noice read as a biography but certainly no life changer.

Q Connect Stand for Laptop and LCD Monitor
Q Connect Stand for Laptop and LCD Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab but be aware!, 26 Mar. 2015
I have a 17.5" laptop and it does for but the back hangs over slightly. If you open the laptop too far it is easy for the laptop to actually fall off this. So if you have kids beware! However I have mine against the wall as I'm sure do most and in that case it shouldn't be a problem. Other than that it's great and surprising hasn't ocwrjeared at all despite having not air holes!! Handy to store bits and bats too but I think it makes it look messy when you do. Recommend it though it's great.

Ameena's Ramadan Diary:A practical guide to Ramadan and fasting: A Practical Guide to Getting the Best Out of Fasting and Ramadan
by Sara Kabil & Abubakr El-banna

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Teens, 21 Feb. 2015
This is a really cute book! Masha'Allah. I would say it is more for the early teens to read really. This could benefit older people also.
There are lots of good handy tips on how to make your Ramadan more successful insha'Allah.
It reads like a diary and throughout explains Islamic words. It often asks you to turn to the back of the book which goes into more detail on how to do certain things such as Itikaf and Dua.

It is definitely a book that would be a great gift for a teen before Ramadan.

Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here: Untold Stories from the Fight Against Muslim Fundamentalism
by Karima Bennoune

3.0 out of 5 stars Islam gave women their rights back, don't let men take them away again., 21 Feb. 2015
Whilst I cannot agree with everything Karima Bennoune writes about in this book, it certainly made me think. My husband is Algerian and he certainly wouldn't agree with everything in this book. Yet Algeria seems to have found a middle ground. Polygamy is accepted there though not common. Muslims and Christians live happily together. Some Muslims cover, some don't. Nothing is forced.
I am a practising Muslim. I don't drink, I eat halal, I pray 5 times a day, I fast, I do all my pillars and hope one day to do my Haj God willing. However, if you ask me do I want Sharia law in my country, the answer would be no every time. That does not mean I am not Muslim, nor does it mean that I do not follow Allah.
It does mean that I follow what is written in the Quran, not what men think that is required of us. Where in the Quran does it say stone someone for adultery? It doesn't, so I have to ask why not? So why would I want a law that would apply that?
“There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path” [al-Baqrah 2:256]

I believe Islam is clear. The Quran is clear. Yet I also believe along the way man has (once again) tried to change/add things for his own benefit. Not to the Quran no, but some hadeeth yes.
I am not alone in this belief though many are afraid to speak out for fear of being told they are not true followers etc.
I do not believe that any woman should be physically forced to cover her hair by a man. That should be her choice and hers alone.
I do not believe there should be ' Mutaween' (religious police). If you are following rules because you have no choice that is not faith.
I am sure with my next statement some Muslims will think I have no idea about Islam but I want to say why is it men are allowed to wear attar (perfume) going to mosque but women aren't? Surely women will look at the men just as men would look at the women?
If other Muslims want to believe this that is fine by me, but don't force me to pretend I believe it.
I love Islam, I love being a Muslim but no one can force Eeman (faith) on anyone.
No one has a right to say who is or isn't Muslim just by the way they dress. Or if they listen to music or not.
Islam gave women their rights back, don't let men take them away again.

Canon PIXMA MG3550 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi and Air Print)
Offered by Allday Officesupplies UK

1.0 out of 5 stars ... and I cannot believe anyone thinks this is a good printer. Yes it looks lovely (white) and yes ..., 21 Feb. 2015
I have the white version of this and I cannot believe anyone thinks this is a good printer. Yes it looks lovely (white) and yes it prints both sides however the quality of the print is awful! Thin and pale looking print.As for the photos well I am sorry they are not clear. Perhaps I have been lucky with my previous printers (Epson) which have all been superior quality. The only reason I went for this is the ink cartridges are cheaper than my printer upstairs. However I will be going back to use my other printer and giving this to my friend.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2015 9:54 PM BST

The Fragrance of Faith
The Fragrance of Faith
by Jamal Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but didn't blow me away., 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Fragrance of Faith (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the little stories and anecdotes in this book. There were a few parts where I have to admit I couldn't really believe but then I am not a Sufi. It just got a little 60s 'flower powerish' for me (sorry). There were also suggested practises. I like the idea of this but ultimately I just don't have the memory for them. So unless i carry this book around with me they were rather redundant. There are many snippets of Rumi throughout the book. However I feel that much is lost in translation which is a great shame. For that reason I'm not the biggest Rumi fan (shock horror). Despite this the book is an enjoyable read and made me chuckle in places. Which is never a bad thing. I loved the beginning and I loved the end and am looking forward to reading his 'Spiritual gems of Islam'.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12