Profile for Spender > Reviews

Bloc Stealth Multi Lens Sun Glasses 100% UV Protection
Bloc Stealth Multi Lens Sun Glasses 100% UV Protection
Offered by International Sunglass Center

5.0 out of 5 stars I know how strong and safe these glasses are!, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Bloc Stealth Sunglasses (Sports)
What can I say about these glasses? Well this will be my third pair, the first pair are mention on the Bloc community page with a picture after I had an accident wearing them (yep I’m that Tony). According to the plastic surgeons (yep it was a bad, straight over the bars and face first into the road accident) if I hadn’t been wearing them I would have lost my right eye at a minimum. The impact they took along with the gouges in the lens (which stayed in one piece) prove how strong these glasses are but, along with that, they are very comfortable, have never fallen off and are very stylish. The selection of lenses are very very useful as well, I tend to stick to the yellow ones which really do heighten visibility in dull weather, only switching to the heavy tints in really bright sunlight. The optical quality of the lenses is pristine with no defect at all. Needless to say and because of all of this I went straight out and got another pair before I sat on a bike again and couldn’t be happier with them. So why am I buying another pair you ask? Easy, my best friend has started cycling to work so I’m buying them a pair of one of the most important pieces of safety equipment you can have. So go have a look at the pic on the site, see the damage, look around at the price of some of the other glasses on the market then come back and buy a pair of these. You’ll be more than happy with everything you see, I know I am and I can only because of them.

Powertraveller Powermonkey Extreme 5V and 12V Solar Portable Charger - Black
Powertraveller Powermonkey Extreme 5V and 12V Solar Portable Charger - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars They laughed but not for long, 15 May 2013
I bought the extreme to upgrade from my previous Power Monkey as I had a 9 day trek in the Nepalese mountains planned and am so glad I did! The other trekkers laughed when I told them I had a Power Monkey with me but they soon changed their tune!! Two days in and the Extreme had lept to the rescue of many a camera and phone with people sheepishly asking if it could help in their hour of need. The power it holds is quite amazing, charging so many different bits of kit and so easy to recharge even using the solar panel in the glorious Nepal sun!! The great improvement over my previous model being the USB socket allowing so many more items to be charged than before and cutting out the need for the special "tips".

Am I happy that I bought this? Yes
Is it good value for money? Yes if you're a tech addict.
Would I recommend it? Yes I have and others have bought it!

All in all a great bit of kit, the only downside is turning the thing on can be a bit fiddley at times using the swipe pad but that is more a getting used to it issue than anything else.

Ecko Rising
Ecko Rising

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but flawed, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ecko Rising (Kindle Edition)
After reading about this book in SFX magazine I thought I'd give it a go.
I did enjoy the read and it does keep the pages turning but isn't that original and feels like there should be a heck of a lot more to it. When I got to the end I kept checking to see if there were pages I missed so can only think there are going to be more. Would I buy them? Yeah good chance I will but only to tie up the loose ends.

Dead Centre: (Nick Stone Thriller 14)
Dead Centre: (Nick Stone Thriller 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet more of the same, 8 Nov. 2012
What can you say about the Nick Stone books apart from the fact they run at a great pace, keep the pages turning and grab your attention.

FLASH SUPERSTORE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB P1000 & P1010 SCREEN PROTECTOR 5-IN-1 PACK with MicroFibre cleaning cloth
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste!!!, 24 Dec. 2011
OK so these were delivered really quickly (overnight arriving Xmas eve!!) which was very impressive! The down side is that it took 4 to get one on fairly smoothly which notmally isn't an issue for a geek like me. The second problem is that the film on the underside of the second level comes off on the screen protector and you cant get it off! I now have no airbubbles but have a crazed patern all over the screen and only one left which I dont want to use as if that one goes wrong I'm stuffed! Save your money and buy a more expensive variety that might actually work.