Profile for peter > Reviews

Content by peter

peter

Page: 1 | 2
Apple 11-inch MacBook Air (Intel Dual Core i5 1.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Drive, Intel HD Graphics 5000, Mac OS X) Launched June 2013
Offered by GB Buddy
Price: 578.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super lightweight computer, 9 Aug 2014
Originally bought an iPad which frustrated me mainly because of its inability to handle documents and connect a hard disc.
Should have bought one of these to start with, as it's virtually as good as my iMac. 11-inch display is ok for most things. Very satisfied.
International keyboard is not a problem.

The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Australian Classic which deserves its high rating, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
A Classic which I should have read years ago. On a par with the best and difficult to put down.

LEVIATHAN
LEVIATHAN
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Book by this Author - won't be the Last, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: LEVIATHAN (Kindle Edition)
First book by this author that I have read, and I was impressed. Liked the writing style, the background information and the way the author kept letting you have little clues to progress the plot. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep Book 2)
Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep Book 2)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Detail - but Good., 7 April 2014
Difficult to rate this book without considering the "Promises to Keep" series as a whole. However the 5 star rating equally applies to the other three books. At times the plot seems to be moving quite slowly which is hardly surprising as just 40 years is spread over 4 books. But my major criterion for the quality of a book is "Does it hold my attention all the way through?", and the answer to this question would have to be "Yes". Even the parts of the book that are not necessary to the story are nonetheless interesting. All in all I found the books well written, and was sorry when the story came to an end. It left me wondering what happened after 1909.

Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)
Family Tree Maker for MAC v2 (Mac)
Price: 47.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable, 28 Feb 2014
Not as good as my old FTM for PC which I think was version 2. But it does have the ability to produce All in One Trees or Extended Family Trees (call them what you will) which I consider important. Again not as well done as with my old PC version and I had to process the charts in a Photo Editing programme to get more or less what I wanted. However it's easy to use, intuitive and quite stable, so does the job. Note I did not try to link it to Ancestry which I do not need and which some users have reported as unstable,

Far from My Father's House
Far from My Father's House
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story well told, 28 Feb 2014
Despite being a male who usually reads crime fiction, I really enjoyed this book. In fact I have now read all of Elizabeth Gill's books. The characters are well developed, the story flows easily and it has that quality where you don't want to put the book down, The endings are usually predictable, but that doesn't matter. It's how it gets to the end that's important. First class!

Cold To The Core (Prequel To Breaking Away) (Breaking Away Series Book 4)
Cold To The Core (Prequel To Breaking Away) (Breaking Away Series Book 4)
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Got fed up with it, 28 Feb 2014
Read half way fairly quickly - and then decided I wasn't enjoying it. You can have too much violence and sex, so gave up.

Operation Kingfisher
Operation Kingfisher
Price: 3.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but needed more Action, 1 Feb 2014
Not a bad read which held my attention all the way through. However it lacked that "edge of your seat" quality - at times I felt like I was reading an Enid Blyton "Famous Five" book.

Lorus Gents Leather Strap Watch RH951CX9
Lorus Gents Leather Strap Watch RH951CX9
Offered by WHICH WATCH
Price: 26.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorus Watch, 4 Jan 2014
Ideal for the smaller wrist. Clear dial. Looks good. Strap a bit stiff at first, but becomes more flexible with use.

Pentel 0.8mm Tip Hybrid Gel Grip Pen with Pastel Ink - White
Pentel 0.8mm Tip Hybrid Gel Grip Pen with Pastel Ink - White
Offered by Hellermans
Price: 1.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Pentel white gel pen, 4 Jan 2014
Bought to use in old style photo album. Have to go over writing twice - otherwise satisfactory. I know of nothing better that is readily available.

Page: 1 | 2