Profile for glanammanbear > Reviews

British Steel
British Steel
Price: 7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
This review is from: British Steel (Audio CD)
NMOBHM at it's best

Killing Machine
Killing Machine
Price: 7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Killing Machine (Audio CD)
Arrived and has been played to death.

WWIII
WWIII
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cd.........on a dvd., 13 July 2014
This review is from: WWIII (Audio CD)
Great album. Been after it for years. Only problem it was delivered on a dvd and was a problem trying to copy the music to my MP3 player. I had to use 2 lots of second party software to rip the dvd into windows media player. Was it worth it yes as I wanted the album, the only drawback is that I can not play it in the car unless I plug my MP3 player in. I have given this 5 stars because I love the album but would only give 3 stars as it came on a dvd.

FiiO Kilimanjaro E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier (3.5 mm Stereo Jack, Black)
FiiO Kilimanjaro E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier (3.5 mm Stereo Jack, Black)
Offered by AVShop
Price: 99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG...........Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it., 4 July 2014
Firstly I have a FiiO E06 that I used with my Bose OE2 headphones and thought that it was an excellent piece of kit to enhance the sound of the Bose headphones that can sound dull with MP3 players. Decided to upgrade to the FiiO Kilimanjaro E11. Used it today for the first time with my Bose OE2 and nearly blew my head off. Changed the settings on my MP3 player the excellent Cowon i9 Plus that I purchased from Amazon from Metal to Rock set the gain to high on the E11 and knew that I was hearing my music in different class for the first time. Does the E11 go loud....nearly blew my ears off. Am I a happy bunny ....you bet your sox I am.

Brandit Men's Urban Legend Cargo-Short
Brandit Men's Urban Legend Cargo-Short
Offered by Transatlantic Trading Company
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday here I come., 2 July 2014
Been looking for a particular style of cargo shorts for ages and found these. These are fashion shorts and not work shorts so don't expect a heavy quality material. They wash well and fit as I expected them to. The sizing was accurate. Highly recommended.

Cowon i9 Plus 32GB High-Quality Sound Slim Fit MP3 Player - BLACK
Cowon i9 Plus 32GB High-Quality Sound Slim Fit MP3 Player - BLACK
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players
Price: 129.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice try but not good enough., 30 Jun 2014
As an ardent hater of Apple products. I believe people have been brain washed into believing they are getting the best. Think again. My Cowon i9 Plus arrived this morning and was ready to go already charged. Did not read the manual and was up and running. Simply dragged and dropped a couple of albums and went out with the dog for a walk. I tried them out with a pair of Sony in-ear phones and the sound was amazing. Then plugged in my Bose OE2 through FIIO EO6 amplifier and my ears were happy as Larry. Have copied most of my music over. Happy piggy.

Part 2 of my review, 18/07/14. I have been using the Cowon i9 for a couple of weeks now and agree that the sound is amazing. I play it through a Fiio Kilimanjaro portable amp into Bose OE2 headphones. there are 2 things that niggle me about the Cowon i9. When you download your songs the Album art does not transfer automatically like other MP3 players and when I want to play all songs of a particular artist in album sequence It wont let me do it. The Cowon puts all the songs from that artists albums in alphabetical order, which I find frustrating. So I am going to have to change my rating rom the initial 5 star down to a 3 star. I think i'll going back to Sony.

Sony NWZE585 16GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Black
Sony NWZE585 16GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Black
Price: 94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds amazing, 13 April 2014
I didn't buy this from Amazon but looked at the reviews before buying. Was a bit apprehensive as people said that the sound, especially the volume was awful. I downloaded approx. 12gb of music, switched the supplied in-ear phones with other Sony's that I had and pressed play. The sound was better than I expected. Turned up the volume and there it was, the sound I was waiting for. Went into sound settings and made a few tweaks and hey presto a great sounding mp3 player.
I always used to have Sony mp3 but have recently been listening to music on my smartphone. Big mistake. Never again. Back with Sony and will stay true to Sony.
Those of you who want to listen to your music through a piece of fruit you are missing out. And being taken for a ride.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 1:45 PM BST

Rise
Rise
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rise (MP3 Download)
Was playing the album when I noticed Rise was missing. WWiii are an awesome band. Mandy Lion's vocals are incredible. Been looking for the first WWiii album but can only find it on Amazon for 55. As much as I love the band that is too much. Come on Amazon get a hold of the first album so that people can here how awesome WWiii are.

Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sweet Dreams (Audio CD)
I remember the day I first bought this album in 1988 and the excitement of going to the record shop called Shades to pick it up. I had the same excitement today when the cd arrived in the post. I have been trying for ages to get a hold of this. Shame it is not available on MP3 download. They were one of the best band to come out of Canada in the 80's. A shame that they split after only 2 albums. They are supposed to be getting back together to release some new material. Cant wait. Listen to both albums, you wont be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4