Profile for Epicstore > Reviews

Epicstore (Belfast)

C1RCA Men's 99 Vulc Black/White/Plaid Trainer 99VLC 10 UK
C1RCA Men's 99 Vulc Black/White/Plaid Trainer 99VLC 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, 7 Jan 2011
I've always been a fan of C1rca, and because of simple reasons. They fit really well, and they last ages.

I bought these after trying out Etnies and the thinner C1RCA Men's 99 Slim Roper Trainer.
The vulc construction seems to be able to take long term abuse better.

I wear loose fit trousers nearly all the time, and the hi top sits nicely on everything bar my jeans (which I ripped to accommodate my other, wider shoes).

The plaid design is a bit 'love it or hate it', but I reckon the combination with the leather upper on these looks pretty sweet. C1rca differ from a lot of other skate shoe companies in that they seem to have a good eye for fabric innovations, it just works.

I would definitely stick to C1rca from now on, especially if they keep releasing shoes like this in their 'select' collection!

Epic.

Legendary Motocross Bikes: Championship-Winning Factory Works Motorcycles Described by Their Championship-Wining Riders
by Terry Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Covering the angles, 7 Jan 2011
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my dad. I was keen on getting it as we have a shared interest in VMX, so it was really always going to be shared!

The images used in the write ups of each model are a good mix, and the contributions from riders are particularly welcome with a nice touch of a signature at the end. The story of how Marty Tripes Works Honda ended up in the hands of a privateer is priceless...

The book seems to cater for most bikes that were prominent in racing between 1961 and 1989. It's great to see the interest in these bikes isn't diminishing. If you've been involved in in Classic/Evo Motocross or simply have a passing gaze at these machines from time to time then I'd recommend this book. You might even be tempted to buy a barn find!

Main Sauce Production Wild Sling 3 Man Water Balloon Launcher
Main Sauce Production Wild Sling 3 Man Water Balloon Launcher
Offered by Venture Blue
Price: 12.89

4.0 out of 5 stars long range balloon warfare, 8 Jun 2010
WildSling Waterbomb Launcher

If you have ever seen one in action it will have sold you already. If you haven't, read on....

The first time I witnessed the destruction that this thing could cause was a few years ago at a youth camp. Three fellas and one big yellow piece of rubber? surely it can't go that far. Well, the water bomb managed to get launched over a castle, past the car park, and into a forest.

The second time I saw its force was at a bbq, which descended into a water fight. A balloon was launched at a double glazed window, and easily smashed it. oops.

So I had wanted one for years, and bought one a few months ago. The technique is definitely to get your two buddies holding the grips to pull their side as high as possible, making sure they are about 3 feet away from each other. Pull back on the pouch and crouch to get distance. I tend to hold the water bomb in to stop it falling out.

Enjoy. just don't fire it at people or pets!

High Violet
High Violet
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted, 24 May 2010
This review is from: High Violet (Audio CD)
My brother first told me of The National in 2006, a year after the release of 'Alligator'...
Initially I dismissed it, thinking the deep baritone of Matt Berninger was slightly off-putting. I listened to a couple of snippets and walked away... Living in NZ, at the time it was easy to do, as this style of music wasn't much on radio.

Back home in 2009, and heard a track while at a party... one of those moments when you have to ask someone what was being played! Turned out it was one of the tracks from boxer, and I was suddenly interested again.

This Album is my first National buy, after wringing the life out of Spotify. I have to say its a thing of mastery. A little like a pint of guinness, it takes time to become accustomed to. Kinda reminds me of my initial distaste for the smashing pumpkins before finally coming around.

The stand out track for me is are 'Bloodbuzz Ohio'. The line 'I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees' is something you wouldn't expect to hear, but the way they have intertwined a story with carefully chosen instrumentals is clever. Saying that, I think these guys are clever musicians, straying from the norm a little but keeping it accessible.

Overall, I the album is very consistent, I've got nothing negative to say!

Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit with In-built FM Transmitter
Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit with In-built FM Transmitter

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth+FM matchmaking, 12 May 2010
This baby is a problem solver.

Im not a huge fan of in-ear bluetooth headsets (always forgetting to turn them off, or losing them in the depths of my car), so I started looking into hands (and ear free) solutions. I was also looking to figure out a method of playing the music I had stored in my phone's memory card, and so I came across this ingenious solution to my connectivity woes.

The unit is easy to connect to my Nokia E71. You can leave the integrated speaker on the unit to belt out your conversations, or my preferred option is to click the FM button on the side; this connects the audio output of the unit to your favourite unused frequency. The advantage being that its much easier to hear the other person, and that music can be played from your phone, to your car radio, completely wirelessly!

If you are listening to music, and a person calls, the music is stopped. You then take the call and when finished, the music resumes. Great from a safety point of view as you never have to touch the phone, only hit the answer button on the unit.

I've had the Jabra for a few months now and have had no problem with the operation; my only critisism would be that the plastic housing has started to come apart at the side, but it is easily put back into place and doesn't bother me too much.

Overall, very impressed, I've found the clarity of calls to be excellent, and it perfect for when I run out of CD's in the wagon...

Epic