Profile for M. Sargent > Reviews

Content by M. Sargent

M. Sargent (London UK)

Kingston 64GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Mini Flash Drive - Grey
Kingston 64GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Mini Flash Drive - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most USB sticks out there, very fast USB 2 speeds but build quality not as good as the older DTSE9 USB sticks, 7 Feb 2014
First up the Kingston DT range of USB sticks are the best USB sticks out there when it comes to value, speed, durability and reliability.

As a computer technician and heavy user of many USB sticks I can say that I am extremly happy with the USB 3.0 DTM30 when it comes to data transfer speeds. I was able to transfer a 1.5GB video file to the stick in under 2 minutes on a USB 2.0 ported MacBook Pro laptop and just 40 seconds to transfer it back off the stick. Compared to the Older DTSE9 and DTRGE9 USB 2.0 sticks I normally use this is very fast as it took just under 6 minutes to transfer the same video file to that stick which is a massive difference of 4 minutes, and all that on a USB 2.0 enabled MacBook Pro.
The transfer speeds will be much faster when using on USB 3.0 enabled devices but they are not common yet so if you were looking to see if a USB 3.0 stick is faster than a USB 2.0 stick on a USB 2.0 device then look no further, it is :-)

If you have used the Kingston DT range of USB sticks then you will be used to the hard durable metal casing but that is where the DTM30 is let down compared to its older models. The metal casing feels more like plastic so this is a backwards step in my opinion. I would however say it seems very strong if I were to compare it to other brands of USB sticks.

Finally and the most annoying thing about the DTM30 is the keyring hole or triangle. As you can see in the picture its small and the triangle shape means it gets stuck on your keyring in one place. Why not have the old large circle hole like on the older DT models Kingston!?

Overall buy this stick over other brands as it is very fast, good value and Kingston USB sticks are extremely reliable. Just take note that it is of poorer build quality & less durable than the older Kingston DT models.

Kingston Technology 64 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecellent strong durable USB Flash drive taht is worth the extra money over those cheaper plasticy sticks, 5 Jan 2014
I repair computers for a living and these are the best USB sticks out there. The metal casing makes them very durable and I have quite a few of these and have yet to experience one of them failing which I cant say about other USB sticks that I have had over the years.

PES 2014 (PS3)
PES 2014 (PS3)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars New game engine, Only playable since the updates got released, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: PES 2014 (PS3) (Video Game)
EDIT 23/03/2014: Since the latest update on PS3 this game is now a million times better than it was and the bear minimum I expect from a Pro Evo game. Player control is now fast and fun when in control of the ball and the slowdown has all but gone from the game. It is now fun to play with your mates. Defending is still a bit dodgy dealing with through balls but slide tackling seems to be improved so that helps. Strangely free kicks seem a lot easier to score, I banged in four in one evening against my mate, which for me is extremely rare.
Overall Pro Evo since this update is fun to play and will please veteran Pro Evo fans so if your still hanging onto PES 2013 with your mates then its safe to upgrade now!
For all these reasons above I have changed my review from 2 stars to 4 stars as I believe the game deserves it.

This is definitely the last Pro Evo game I pre order. The player responsiveness is sluggish so quick turns of movement are a no no. Konami has made a completely new game engine for this Pro Evo (the PS2 and PS3 Games have used the same old game engine for years making it look dated) which is a step forward but with this comes so many new glitches and problems I thoiught had been last seen in the PS1 days. Own goals and players doing the stupidest things I have seen on a football pitch. This is funny at first but when me and my friends (who have been playing pro evo games since the PS1 days) play against each other it gets pretty serious. If your 1-0 up in the last minute and suddenly for no reason your keeper decides to go walkabout and you concede it can be extremely frustrating.
These problems take all the skill out of the game and ruin yet another Pro Evo. I hope Konami get to grips with the new game engine for next years release and actually play the game before they release it to cut of all of those annoying glitches. I wish they would go back to the PS2 Pro Evo 2007 and 2008 days when if you pressed left on the controller then the player would actually move left instantly without the delay that makes it feel liek I am playing chess having to think 3 moves ahead.

LG 32LN570U 32-inch Widescreen HD ready Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
LG 32LN570U 32-inch Widescreen HD ready Smart LED TV with Freeview HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Pause and record live TV with any external hard drive!, 5 Jan 2014
I purchased this TV in the Black Friday deal for £219 as a Christmas present for my sister. This TV was very easy to set up and get up and running. The picture quality is amazing with bright and vivid colours, with the sound quality adequate for a bedroom TV.
The built in freeview HD is an excellent tuner that is better than the dedicated freeview TV tuner my sister has plugged into her other TV. The EPG is quick and responsive, so getting around the menus is instant when you press a button. I find EPG and guide menus that respond slowly very frustrating as does my sister so she was very happy to find the LG TV to be so responsive.

The feature that I was surprised to find built into the TV was LG Time machine 2 software. This allows you to plug in any external hard drive you have (a 500GB external hard drive can be purchased for £50) and you can then record and pause live TV or watch one channel while recording another! You can also set the TV to record programs from the guide turning the FreeviewHD into a FreeviewHD+. Before I made the purchase I did not know it had this feature and as I work in IT I had a hard drive I could give my sister to use with this. This was very easy to set up and very easy for my sister to use.

Overall this is a great TV and I would definitely consider an LG smart TV when I upgrade my 5 year old Panasonic 42" plasma. I was weary of LED TV's before having been used to my plasma TV's amazing picture but this TV has made me realize that LED TV's now have excellent picture quality (they used to be a lot worse than plasma) and the Smart features are worth the extra money with quick responsive menus.
The only downside is that it does not have built in wifi. It does have an ethernet port so you can plug it into your router with an ethernet cable to acces the internet features. Wifi should come as standard on all TV's in my opinion and its not just LG that dont include it. What I find annoying is that you cant just use any wifi dongle, you have to buy the LG one which is expensive compared to normal wifi dongles for PC's but essentially its just the same bit of kit. This is the only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5.

The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different to any game I have recently played, complements the TV series as well, 23 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is definitely something any fan of the TV series should pick up and play. I have so far played through 2 of the episodes (there are 5 episodes plus the 400 days episode) and it was worth every penny. It has the same tone to it as the TV series in that things escalate quickly and there are very hard decisions to make as well as a lot of characters being killed off.
Its a slow paced game most of the time, so if say you and your girlfriend or wife watch the TV series together then this is definitely something both of you can play together as it has a great story that tells a lot of the Walking Dead story from before the TV series.
The game plays a bit like a point and click adventure where you are part of the story and you have to speak to the characters around you to get through different situations but with the addition of being able to move around (albeit limited) and react quickly with different button presses when the action gets going or when you have to make difficult decisions quickly.
I only purchased this as I had episode 1 free through playstation plus and I was immediately hooked and purchased all the other episodes from the PS Store. Its not the best looking game graphically but the story is so good it will be hard to stop playing once you have started.
To sum up if you like the Walking Dead TV show and you want a game that you can play along with a friend or loved one who might not even play games then this is for you, its like an interactive comic book if that makes sense.