Profile for Mr. G. Snow > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Blackspur 4 Tier Mini Greenhouse
Blackspur 4 Tier Mini Greenhouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and fiddly but fine for the money., 2 Mar. 2015
It's fine. Lots of bolts but not exactly difficult to assemble. Took about 15 mins. Shelves are a bit weedy.

I bought a more expensive one which I much prefer.

Fogless Shower Mirror with Squeegee by ToiletTree Products. Guaranteed to NEVER fog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly high quality but it does the job if you like to shave in the shower., 2 Mar. 2015
This is TINY but it does work. You need to fill it with hot water, which is easy enough: just hold it under the shower spray.

The mirror is plastic, so you won't easily break it.

Bionaire Ultrasonic Humidifier With Humidistat
Bionaire Ultrasonic Humidifier With Humidistat

2.0 out of 5 stars Hygrostat doesn't control humidifier., 2 Mar. 2015
I paid extra for this product because it comes with a hygrostat.

Hmm. I thought the hygrostat was linked to the humidifier. In other words, I thought the hygrostat could be set to the desired humidity and it would then control the humidifier.

It doesn't.

In other words, you might as well spend three quid on a cheap hygrostat and save the extra twenty quid you get charged.

The humidifier itself seems good. It has a huge tank and puts out lots of vapour. I have no idea how well-made it is because I've only used it for an hour or two and I intend to send it back.

JustIngredients Psyllium Husk Powder 500 g
JustIngredients Psyllium Husk Powder 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly the food of the gods., 2 Mar. 2015
I've written other reviews of this stuff. It's a miracle. If you've got bowel problems, try this for a fortnight before you let the doctors start poking at you! Two teaspoons a day solved my long-standing issues.

Oh - I've also lost a stone (because it fills you up) and my cholesterol went from 7 to 5!!!

I could never understand why I had bowel problems. I eat a very healthy diet. Nevertheless I DID have bowel problems. Psyllium solved everything.

I'm not a "conspiracy theory" person but honestly, I can't understand why GPs and the NHS don't prescribe this for everyone. I can only think it's because drug companies wouldn't make any money.

If you try this and it helps, I beg you to tell other people. I've already helped two friends with their problems. SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT PSYLLIUM!

YKS 3 in 1 PH Tester Soil Water Moisture Light Test Meter for Garden Plant Flower
Offered by Bingo-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably OK if not broken!, 2 Mar. 2015
Bent and broken on delivery from China. Ludicrously inaccurate.

I know it was cheap, but where does one buy quality products these days? I'd happily pay fifteen quid for something well made!

AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)
AnySharp Global World's Best Knife Sharpener (Classic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for cheap knives., 2 Mar. 2015
I must have bought eight or nine of these for people. They're so easy to use and they do the job.

BUT!

I totally ruined a hundred quid knife trying to sharpen it on this. I had to take it to a professional knife sharpener to get it fixed. My mistake.

So, what I'd say is this is really good for average kitchen knives that didn't cost a lot. If you've invested in Wusthof or another professional brand you may want to look elsewhere.

Multi Colour Rattan Ball LED Fairy Lights By Flowerglow
Multi Colour Rattan Ball LED Fairy Lights By Flowerglow
Offered by Flowerglow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and good value, too., 2 Mar. 2015
Bought for a 7 year old girl's bedroom. She loved it and so do I!

Gardman Extra Wide Growhouse With Reinforced Cover
Gardman Extra Wide Growhouse With Reinforced Cover
Offered by AP Motor Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the bit extra!, 2 Mar. 2015
PROS:
- VERY easy to assemble
- solid frame

CONS:
- shelves a bit flimsy but they do the job

I started with one of the real "mini" greenhouses, which had a load of screws and very flimsy shelves. It's okay.

Then I bought this, which is a "snap together" assembly. Also almost twice as wide and the shelves are more solid.

If you have a bit more room to spare I'd recommend spending the extra tenner or whatever it was. Much better than the cheapo ones.

DURAGADGET In Car Windscreen & Dashboard Suction Mount For Google Nexus 7 Tablet
Offered by DSN Marketing UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit rubbish, but gets the job done if you use the suction cup., 12 Feb. 2015
Forget the air vent mount and the sticky pad. Useless. The suction cup works great, but it's really rattly, too.

Three stars is a bit generous.

IdealVape.com Genuine Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Bottom Vertical Coil Glassomizer Tank Kit
Offered by KAZBRO

5.0 out of 5 stars They're worth the extra money, folks., 12 Feb. 2015
They're worth the extra money, folks. The best I've found so far.

Nothing else to say.