Profile for Tim Brown > Reviews

Content by Tim Brown

Tim Brown

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Homeware Takeaway: 1 x MEGA STRONG Neodymium Magnetic HOOK - Pull: 52kg, Size: 36 x 36.5mm - Hevy Duty - NEW
Offered by Homeware Takeaway

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong magnet - perfect., 4 Jan. 2016
Incredibly strong magnet, does exactly what I wanted it to do. I hang my Christmas wreath on my front door with this and it has easily withstood the stormy weather. It has lasted well outside through 2 Christmas periods.

TRENDnet TPL-410APK 500 MB/s Powerline Wireless N300 Extender Starter Kit - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good customer service when it stopped working, 4 Jan. 2016
Setup was easy, it started well with me getting good speeds around the house from the unit but then the speeds just dropped. I think it was a fault in the unit, I got a full refund as they weren't able to sent me a new unit. Ultimately I bought a Devlo to replace this.

Good customer service from Trendnet, it is just a shame that it didn't work for long.

Red Blue Cyan Plastic Framed 3D Glasses 3 D Dimensional BuyinCoins
Red Blue Cyan Plastic Framed 3D Glasses 3 D Dimensional BuyinCoins
Offered by Universal Color

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong colour filters!, 4 Jan. 2016
This product is cheap and it feels robust enough but it has a major issue in its fuctionality. The red filter is not the right colour so it doesn't filter correctly meaning that the images just feel uncomfortable to look at. In hindsight for the price I would go for a correct colour filter in a cardboard frame. The colour of the filters is about the most important thing!

Braun Thermoscan Lens Filters, Covers x 20 (PC20)
Braun Thermoscan Lens Filters, Covers x 20 (PC20)
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected!, 4 Jan. 2016
Not a lot to say about these, they work as they should do, happy with the product.

Car Mount, Vena DISC55 [One Hand][Disc CD Slot] Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone SE 6S 6 Plus 5, Galaxy S7 S6 Edge S5, LG G5 G4 Smartphones (3.5"-6.3" inch)
Offered by theWireless USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with only slight drawbacks, 4 Jan. 2016
I've been through a good number of phone holders looking for something that is solid. I really dislike my phone wobbling around while I'm driving as I find this distracting and I'm pleased to say that this is a very solid holder and it feels like it will last a long time.

Only slight negatives are:
1. The position of the phone on my dashboard means that I sometimes hit it when changing gear and quickly moving my hand to the steering wheel. This rarely happens but the first time I knocked the phone out of the holder. A little adjustment of the phone position further up in the holder and this has mostly been dealt with.
2. If you have a CD player with the dust cover (fine fabric top and bottom in the slot) then fitting this will ruing the shape of the dust cover. I normally use this in an older Fiesta which just has a plain slot but when I moved it for 1 journey to the SMax I noticed the dust cover was ruined. The CD player works fine but aesthetically, if you look closely you will see that it has irreversibly misshaped this part.

Overall I am happy, it is the best, strongest and simplest to use phone holder I have had.

Mr. Beams MB360 Wireless Weatherproof Battery Operated 140 Lumens LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell, Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the right purpose, 30 Nov. 2015
These lights are perfect for what I want. My objective was to get some light into an outdoor space where it was incredibly dark before. I am not using this specifically for a security light and the area I was not trying to light up a massive area. I've attached a couple of photos which show the before and after. They work very well for this purpose.

The build quality of these lights is very good, they feel robust and the design is well thought through. I've not had them for long but based on the build quality I would expect these things to last well. With a single LED I think I'd expect the 3xD batteries to last in the region of 25 hours which, if I activate the lights 4 times per day would mean I'll be replacing the batteries every 2 years. I guess that if you were expecting to activate the lights more often then you may want to pay for an electrician to fit a mains powered light.

If you want a proper security light then I think you should consider a hard wired light. This is OK for that purpose but I don't think it is a massive deterrent.
Comment Comment | Permalink

In Car 12V power adaptor cable with up to 3a of power and DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug
In Car 12V power adaptor cable with up to 3a of power and DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug
Offered by CableRite

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy., 15 Oct. 2015
As advertised, very happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2016 12:04 PM GMT

TECHGEAR® HTC One M8 DOT MATRIX VIEW Flip Case Cover With Auto Sleep Wake Function (BLACK)
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time with this!, 15 Oct. 2015
The only way I can understand all the positive reviews is that they do not have basic quality control in place at the factory. Perhaps it is just chance that some cases come out working well and others don't work at all. Mine does not work! If I could give 0 stars I would. It fits the phone and the materials seem good quality but it does not do any of the functions that it should do. No Dot View functionality, No wake / sleep functionality. I suspect that they didn't include the magnet to activate the core function of the case. I tried moving it around without the back fitted to see if the magnet was misaligned, I also tried turning it over in case the magnet is installed the wrong way up but still nothing happened.

I will get a refund and buy the HTC case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2016 2:52 PM BST

Panasonic KX-TG6821EB Single DECT Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG6821EB Single DECT Cordless Telephone with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Good call and build quality, 19 Mar. 2015
Good signal, battery lasts a long time and most importantly the call quality is very good. I was looking for something that would be louder so my daughter could hear her grandparents and it has worked very well. Solid build quality, very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3