Profile for Bob > Reviews

Guns Up!: A Firsthand Account of the Vietnam War
by Johnnie M. Clark
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Aug 2014
Nothing more dangerous and damaging in this world than a thick american christian.

John Watkiss on Anatomy
John Watkiss on Anatomy

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 21 April 2013
I agree with the last review, I'm shocked as to how little this book contains. Very disappointed, I guess I'll read the reviews in future.

Wacom CS-300 Bamboo Stylus feel for Samsung Galaxy Note and other devices with Wacom Technology Feel - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior to Note 10.1 stylus, 16 April 2013
I bought this stylus for sketching, primarily in Sketchbook Pro, as I believed it would be an improvement on the stylus that came with my Note 10.1. Sorry to say I'm very disappointed, the Samsung stylus that came with my Note is much better, as it's more responsive and is accurate when used at an angle, the bamboo is very inaccurate at an angle. Unless I draw with this thing at 90 degrees, ( which is very unnatural ) I'm never sure where the mark will appear. I wouldn't recommend it, stick with the stylus that came with your Note.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2013 3:25 PM BST

Classic Human Anatomy: The Artist's Guide to Form, Function, and Movement
Classic Human Anatomy: The Artist's Guide to Form, Function, and Movement
by Valerie L. Winslow

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 20 May 2012
Absolutely brilliant. I've been studying artistic anatomy for years, I own most of the other books you'll be recommended on the subject, and I can safely say that this is one of, if not the best that I have, and the one that will aid me the most. So clear, concepts that had seemed very confusing are now extremely clear to me. I'd put that down to the wonderful drawings and explanatory text. 5 stars, no question, and highly recommended.

Pop Sculpture
Pop Sculpture
by Tim Bruckner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but feel a little cheated., 2 April 2012
This review is from: Pop Sculpture (Paperback)
The book is great, and it really is a labour of love. I am a little disappointed though, as I bought it for the action figure side of things, not collectible statues. Though action figures are covered, it could have been done in a little more detail, and with more intricate examples of articulation. The figure covered is pretty basic with regards articulation, much more advanced figures exist on the market. The blurb on the front should really read 'How to create collectible statues with a bit about action figures'. Great book to have on the shelf though.

A History of Britain - Volume 3: The Fate of Empire 1776-2000
A History of Britain - Volume 3: The Fate of Empire 1776-2000
by Simon Schama

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically English, 7 Feb 2012
A great series overall, though the Empire period displays a typically English desire to mitigate and 'let off' the many criminals of this period. England will never be willing to take its place beside the worst that history has to offer.

War in the Crimea: An Illustrated History
War in the Crimea: An Illustrated History
by Ian Fletcher

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 22 Dec 2011
I expected much more from this, namely, many full colour battle illustrations, and perhaps naively on my part, scenes painted by contemporary artists. Instead the book contains many, but very small mainly black and white illustrations. Not worth the asking price I feel.

Reeves 8" Manikin Unvarnished
Reeves 8" Manikin Unvarnished

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jan 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This item is disappointing, I bought on the assumption that'd be able to pose accurately to aid the imaginative figure drawing process, but this is simply not the case. I appreciate it could be considered more a toy than an artistic aid; however, I feel this should therefore be clearly stated.

Rockferry
Rockferry
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

2.0 out of 5 stars too obvious, 12 Mar 2008
This review is from: Rockferry (Audio CD)
Just too obviously retro by numbers for me, would love to love it but I can't.