Profile for John > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
LPD Furniture Oakvale Small Dining Table
LPD Furniture Oakvale Small Dining Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid table., 24 Jan 2014
I had been searching for a table of this size and shape without too much success before I came across this. A very good solid table that was very easy to put together, looks good and great value for money!

Generic New Spare Wheel Tire Tyre Soft Cover 27" Pure Black S Size
Generic New Spare Wheel Tire Tyre Soft Cover 27" Pure Black S Size
Offered by DWCX

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what's required!, 24 Jan 2014
Does exactly what it's supposed to do and a good fit. Good price and good quality - no problem in recommending it.

Marware Atlas Kindle Cover, Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle and Kindle Touch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 16 Oct 2013
Does exactly what it says "on the tin"! Good quality, good price and well recommended to all who are seeking a similar product!

Walking the Garden
Walking the Garden

4.0 out of 5 stars JohnR, 13 Aug 2013
An easy and enjoyable read about the author's sponsored charity walks around the less visited parts of Kent. If you want to know more about the geography and history of the county with some RNLI history thrown in you'll enjoy this!

HP Deskjet 1000 Printer
HP Deskjet 1000 Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic, cheap and good, 28 Feb 2013
I wanted a basic and cheap printer to use at home and chose this because it seemed to meet my needs. It has certainly lived up to my expectations - connects immediately and provides a fully acceptable quality and speed of printing for my home use.

HP Compaq Presario CQ58 250SA 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Celeron B830 1.8GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 750GB SATA 5400RPM HDD, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RAM, Integrated Webcam, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Laptop, 28 Feb 2013
I bought this laptop because of both its capacity and competitive price and am not disappointed. I consider myself to be a fairly average home computer user and this machine seems to provide me with all that I want.

My Animals and Other Family
My Animals and Other Family

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read!, 8 Feb 2013
I found this an easy and enjoyable "warts and all" account of the author's unusual early life and one of the best "celeb" autobiographies I have read. I'm no great lover of horse racing but have an interest in horses and dogs and would recommend this book to anyone who likes animals and/or enjoys Clare Balding's radio and TV presentations.

Instrument of Slaughter (Home Front Detective series Book 2)
Instrument of Slaughter (Home Front Detective series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy- going read, 27 Jan 2013
I enjoy Edward Marston' s books. They are entertaining and easy to read detective novels that while away the time and usually keep you guessing. They tend to be formulaic but that is not a criticism. If you like occasional "who dunnits" that are fun to read and don't stretch you too much this is one!

Nikon COOLPIX S9050 Compact Digital Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 15.5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Technomobiles

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent compact camera, 27 Jan 2013
I find this an excellent camera that lives up to the manufacturer's reputation. I bought it as I wanted something that I could put in a pocket but I needed a longer lens than my current camera provided and this it. Picture quality is really good and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a bit more out of a camera than the basic compact provides. The only slight complaint, as mentioned by others, is the positioning of the pop- up flash but for the price and everything else this camera gives me it is something I can readily live with.

Prophecy: Web of Deceit (Prophecy 3)
Prophecy: Web of Deceit (Prophecy 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read that brings it all together!, 24 Jan 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the last of the author's Merlin trilogy, which brought the story nicely round to the start of the earlier Arthur trilogy. I have found the author easy to read and imaginative and particularly liked her plausible explanations of Merlin's so-called magical skills. Whilst it would help to have read the 2 earlier books in this trilogy first, I would recommend it rather than regard it as essential.

If you like historical novels, particularly those set in post-Roman Britain and/or around, the Arthurian legends, you'll like this and the author's other, at times brutal, novels.

Page: 1 | 2