Profile for adventurer2 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
HQ Copy Decoder Scart to Scart
HQ Copy Decoder Scart to Scart

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Decoder, 12 Nov. 2014
I purchased this little unit to transfer some encrypted DVD clips, on to my Sony recorder hard drive. As I was doing a projected film presentation, on the big screen, I wanted to load as much up material as possible, (cued to the start of the film clips), on to my hard drive, to make a much more seamless show. I have to say the decoder worked brilliantly on both region 1 and 2 DVD's and the image quality on some of the clips, on my 3 metre screen looked stunning at times, with no degradation from the original material. I would perhaps mention that there was still one film clip that it would not let me transfer and I am not sure quite why that was, but all in all from my point of view, a handy little bit of kit. I have not used it for VHS to DVD transfer!

TDK Minidiscs MD-RXG 74
TDK Minidiscs MD-RXG 74

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 12 Nov. 2014
I have used these TDK mini discs before and now that they are becoming hard to find, this five pack is not only very good value but gives excellent results. Very pleased with the prompt despatch.

Geemarc CL1400 Corded Big Button Hard of Hearing Landline Telephone with Caller I.D UK Version
Offered by Co-operative Independent Living

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent phone, 22 Oct. 2014
A very nice product, with clear sound and a loud ringer. This model is suitable for wall mounting and also has Caller ID Display and a number of other good features, but like a number of other reviewers, I find the red flashing light after an unanswered call, somewhat annoying. The downside is, that there appears to be no way of turning this facility off. I appreciate that if you are extremely deaf, rather than just a little hard of hearing , this might be a useful feature! Apart from that one comment, full marks for an excellent product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2014 1:25 PM GMT

Walt Disney Treasures - Silly Symphonies (2 Dvd)
Walt Disney Treasures - Silly Symphonies (2 Dvd)
Dvd ~ Autori Vari
Offered by d-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Disney Magic, 23 Sept. 2014
An excellent selection of Disney's Silly Symphonies. The image quality of the different titles, is indeed a little variable, but I assume that this is due to the quality of the original source material. My only adverse comment, is that there is no actual title index, either in the storage box or on the discs. The title list menu only shows the index number of the tracks, 16 on disc one and 17 on disc two, so I have typed out a listing of the titles, so I can that I can find the individual titles fast. Apart from that it's pure Disney Magic at it's best.

Little Rascals: Boys of Our Gang [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Little Rascals: Boys of Our Gang [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars A great DVD, 23 Sept. 2014
A nice selection of vintage comedy. Image quality better than anticipated. Full marks for prompt despatch.

StayPut ECO PER non-slip Fabric Roll (20ins x 6ft/50.8 x 183cm) - versatile with superb green credentials, PERB0060-20-Black
Offered by Mobility Choices

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Perfection, 22 Sept. 2014
I have only used a couple of small pieces to date, but I have to say the quality of the fabric is excellent and it's non slip qualities, are up there with the best. Although it is a little more expensive than some of it's competitors, for me the bonus is the 20" / 60CM width, whereas most similar fabrics are around 15/18" max...and... it is available in a number of other colours. Full marks for an great product.

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection Volume 1 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection Volume 1 [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of Tom and Jerry films, 19 Aug. 2014
Excellent selection of early Tom and Jerry films, many with stunning picture quality, as one might expect from Blu-ray. Plays perfectly on my UK Blu-ray Panasonic player. This is my first Blu-ray import and we seem to be fortunate, in so far these type of discs, do not seem to have any type of region coding, which is great for UK collectors, of the hard to find material.

Tableau Red Tile Polish 250ml
Tableau Red Tile Polish 250ml
Offered by Home Furnishing Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Tableau Red Tile Polish 250ml
Like so many individuals, I have also been looking for a replacement to the old Cardinal quarry tile polish and this seems to fit the bill. It is not as I imagined, too bright a red in colour, but appears to be just right and with a bit of care, will certainly revitalise those sad looking tiles.I had a small section on my front step which had a couple of newer tiles put in, with a slight mis match in colour, but with a few additional coats on this particular area, it has blended it in quite nicely. My only concern is, that at the moment the step seems a bit slippery, so I have had to put some grip material under the front mat which sits on the tiles.

As a postscript, my particular tin arrived with some damage on it. I am not quite sure if this was damaged prior to despatch, or the packing was insufficient for the ordinary risks of transit!

Laurel & Hardy Volume 14 - A Job To Do/Classic Shorts [DVD]
Laurel & Hardy Volume 14 - A Job To Do/Classic Shorts [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel

5.0 out of 5 stars Two comedy greats, 30 April 2014
I ordered this DVD, because it included two of my favourite Laurel and Hardy films, Busy Bodies and the Music Box. I did not know quite what to expect, but I was certainly was not dissapointed, the image quality was very good and of course the comedy from these two comedy greats has certainly stood the test of time. I would also add, that I still prefer the black and white originals, which are in keeping with the period, rather than the colourised versions.

Adventurer2

'Tom & Jerry in Cat Concerto' (1946) - Fantastic A4 Glossy Print Taken From A Rare Vintage Movie Poster
by Unknown
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Print, 30 April 2014
I have to say that the quality of this Tom and Jerry print, far exceeded my expectations, based on the fact that the original publicity material must have been nearly 70 years old. Prompt despatch and good communication, so full marks all round.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2014 1:30 AM BST