Profile for Mr. D. I. Bennett > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. I. Bennett

Mr. D. I. Bennett "Southern Tang" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Sugar & Spice
Sugar & Spice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Sugar & Spice (Kindle Edition)
Great debut novel, lightning fast paced and some nice touches of black humour.

Even though it doesn`t spoil your overall enjoyment, it is worth pointing out that the Kindle edition has loads of typos and grammatical errors. In fact there are so many it got to be a bit of a joke. I`m assuming no-one bothered to proof read the final draft.

Apart from that, really loved the novel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 11:32 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 30 Dec. 2010
Used this recently in Hong Kong when me and my friend stayed in a serviced apartment with a wired router. Had it set up in 10mins and it worked great. No problems at all and we both had wireless for the duration of our stay.

A superb travel accessory. 10/10

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by iHD Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb MP3 Player, 23 Oct. 2010
To be honest, this far exceeded my expectations. The sound quality is the best I`ve heard on any mp3 player. It has a lovely richness to the sound quality. Excellent bass. The default headphones aren`t bad, but I opted for my Sennheiser ones which give much better textures. The default will be fine for most people. The FM radio also offers excellent sound quality, but I never listen to radio, so I`ll be giving that a miss.

Player is nice and compact and the clip is very useful indeed. Menu is nice and easy to work with and adding mp3 files via a computer is a breeze. You won`t even need to look at the manual.

Over all, this is a truly phenomenal quality player. 10/10

Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Noise-Isolating Ear-Canal Phones - Black (Eco Packaging)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor!, 17 Nov. 2009
Its amazing the amount of people that say you should replace the headphones that come with your mp3 player. I have a Samsung YP-Z5, which has amazing sound and it has to be said, amazing headphones. The only problem I have is that they keep falling out off my ear because they are not 'in canal' phones. So, I figured I would try and find something else.

I`ve tried just about everything. Sony, Sennheiser, Creative Labs, Maxell and NOTHING comes even close to the quality of the Samsung headphones. Especially these crappy Sennheiser, which are so tinny I threw them in the trash after 5mins. The bass response it rubbish and not even close to whats described in some reviews.

Think I`ll just stick with my Samsung. Moral of the story. Don`t take any notice of anyone who says you should replace the bog standard headphones. Its nonsense.

Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (2012 model) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, Shame about the Menu!, 16 Nov. 2009
This is a great TV with crisp, vibrant colours. It also looks fantastic. The only downside, as mentioned by many others, is the awful EPG on screen guide. Its one of the worst I`ve seen and is very clunky to use. Luckily I have a Sagem recorder, so I can use that instead which has an excellent EPG as well as picture in picture.

Great price for a great TV, but shame about the menu.

The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1)
The Hunt For Atlantis (Wilde/Chase 1)
by Andy McDermott

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 3 Oct. 2009
You have to be really good to pull this type of book off. This book is such a pile of garbage I don`t even know where to begin. What should have been a fun ride, ends up being totally dull with dull characters and dull dialogue. A 5 year old could probably come up with better. I was cringing from the get go and about half way through I figured it was time for a fitting burial in the trash bin. Lets see Eddie Chase get out of that one. Don`t even bother with this rubbish unless you are thinking of going for a lobotomy. 0/10

Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows XP Home, Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 Jun. 2009
Excellent machine, but very annoying is the fact that when you sit with it on your lap, it keeps tipping backwards due to the weight of the battery/screen. Not good design. Spec wise superb and performance wise also superb.

Binatone Carrera X350 Satellite Navigation System With UK/ROI Mapping
Binatone Carrera X350 Satellite Navigation System With UK/ROI Mapping
Offered by Retro Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sat Nav!, 25 April 2009
This is an excellent low priced Sat Nav. It did have a few errors when I first switched it on though. For starters it told me my location was 2 streets away, nowhere near where I actually was. And on the first usage it kept telling me to take the 4th exit at a roundabout no matter which exit I approached it from. Since that its been fine and very useful.

Nice and easy to use with clear instructions. Works just as well as my friends Navman.

Live Bait
Live Bait
by P. J. Tracy

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Enough!, 31 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Live Bait (Paperback)
Enjoyable enough, but as with their first novel, the identity of the killer is WAY too obvious. They need more suspects. All in all, not bad. Not the best writing, but a fast enough read.

The Trophy Taker
The Trophy Taker
by Lee Weeks

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, 9 May 2008
This review is from: The Trophy Taker (Paperback)
A little leniency should be shown towards first time writers, but in some cases its hard not to be a little over critical when a novel should never have seen the light of day. This is one such case.

'The Trophy Taker' is a totally inept piece of writing. Shallow characters, dreadful dialogue and a narrative of such plain blandness it could have been written by a 5yr old.

Very very poor!!