Profile for Mr. D. I. Bennett > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. I. Bennett

Mr. D. I. Bennett "Southern Tang" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Instruments of Darkness
Instruments of Darkness
by Imogen Robertson

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 8 Jun 2012
Dreadfully dull and dreary just about describes this novel. Its slow, its confusing and it has some truly bland characters.

Shame really, I was expecting better after reading so many positive reviews. The Kindle version also has a few typos and grammatical errors.

Hanging Hill
Hanging Hill
by Mo Hayder

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Hanging Hill (Paperback)
Almost hard to believe Mo Hayder had anything to do with this book. Dreary and dull, with terrible characters and bland dialogue. All the brilliant things about Mo Hayder are missing from this book. Sad really.

If you haven`t read any of her previous novels, you would be highly recommended not to start with this one.

Best thrown in the trash.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 2:37 PM BST

The Calling of the Grave
The Calling of the Grave
by Simon Beckett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too predictable, 27 April 2012
I love Simon Beckett`s books and this is another great read.

Its definitely his weakest book so far though. No real surprises in this one, almost too predictable for words.

Hopefully the next one is back on track.

Daffodil WMS335B Wireless Optical Mouse 2.4GHz - Cordless 3 Button PC Mouse with Scrollwheel and Adjustable Sensitivity (MAX DPI: 2000) - For Laptop / Netbook / Desktop Computers - Supported by: Microsoft Windows (8 / 7 / XP / Vista) and Apple MAC (OS X +) - Battery Powered (1xAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Feb 2012
Great little mouse. The slot for the transmitter is pure genius, now I don`t have to worry about losing it. Also has an on/off switch on the base, which again, is very useful as you don`t have to keep taking the battery out if its not in use.

For the price, its fabulous.

Disturbed Earth: an Artie Cohen Novel
Disturbed Earth: an Artie Cohen Novel
by Reggie Nadelson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 Nov 2011
I don`t agree with any of the reviews that said this book was slow. Its a terrific book, with a great narrative and it moves along at a fairly brisk pace. I was gripped from the first page.

Toshiba Satellite R630-156 13.3" Laptop (Intel Core i3-380M Processor, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Bluetooth, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 13 Nov 2011
Overall excellent machine. Nice and light to travel with and nice and fast.

I didn`t waste any time in reformatting the hd to remove all the junk software. Its been great since.

Only thing I don`t like is the horrible clacking noises when using the mouse buttons. In a quiet room it can be embarrassing. However, all is not lost as I simply activated the tap zones and made the top right of the touchpad equivalent to the right click. Problem then was gone as I don`t need the buttons now.

Apart from that I`m happy with the laptop.

The Treason's Tide (Archives of the Comptrollerate-General for Scrutiny and Survey)

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cure for Insomnia, 23 Sep 2011
Funny how people see things in different ways.

Whilst this book started off ok it soon descended into tedious ramblings which had me wondering if my time wouldn`t be better spent counting the blades of grass in our garden. I suppose if you are into history that much you might find parts to enjoy, but over all this is just confusing and boring with characters so dull they make Sean Bean a good choice if they make a movie. The story is all over the place and you never know where you are.

Out of the goodness of my heart I`ve given this one star. My Kindle thanks you for me putting it out of its misery by deleting this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2011 4:51 PM BST

Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)
Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Dreadful, 24 Jun 2011
Ok, so this was a fast paced read and not too long. Thats the only good thing you can say about it. I think the only reason anyone actually finishes this is because you can`t really believe just how bad it is.

The writing is appalling, the characters and dialogue cringe worthy, and the story so cliched and predictable it makes me wonder how it managed any positive reviews here. After several beers I`m sure this wouldn`t have been any better and I`m probably going to say its possibly the worst novel ever.

Its funny how some people think they can write good enough to even think about self publishing something. I would have been too embarrassed for this to see the light of day. Adam, do everyone a favour and don`t publish anymore of this garbage.

Truth Dare Kill (DANNY MCRAE SERIES Book 1)
Truth Dare Kill (DANNY MCRAE SERIES Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Average, 5 May 2011
After reading so many positive reviews, I was surprised to find this book isn`t that good. Quite how its got so many 5 star reviews is a mystery.

Sure, its fast paced enough, but the story is totally predictable with dull and uninteresting characters. The dialogue is also very poor. Its fairly amateurish writing it has to be said. Shame really, I was expecting much better.

I`ll probably give him the benefit of the doubt and try another of his books, but if this is anything to go by, I`ll be expecting the worst.

Sugar & Spice
Sugar & Spice

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Sugar & Spice (Kindle Edition)
Great debut novel, lightning fast paced and some nice touches of black humour.

Even though it doesn`t spoil your overall enjoyment, it is worth pointing out that the Kindle edition has loads of typos and grammatical errors. In fact there are so many it got to be a bit of a joke. I`m assuming no-one bothered to proof read the final draft.

Apart from that, really loved the novel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 11:32 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9