Profile for Paul Calpin > Reviews

Content by Paul Calpin

Paul Calpin (York, North Yorks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Watch Back Case Opener Remover Remove Removal Knife Repair Tool
Watch Back Case Opener Remover Remove Removal Knife Repair Tool
Offered by Nollmit
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars watch opener, 31 Jan 2014
I have just purchased this tool for opening the back of watches when changing batteries as it's far cheaper than paying the shop to do it. Until now I have always used a knife sometimes struggling in the process this tool opens the back easily without gouging the soft metal of the watch or cutting my fingers!

Insight Flexi Map: New York City (Insight Flexi Maps)
Insight Flexi Map: New York City (Insight Flexi Maps)
by Insight Guides
Edition: Map
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars New York map, 31 Jan 2014
I have just purchased this map of New York for a trip I am taking there soon. The map is laminated (great if its wet) there is four separate maps a large one of Manhattan a smaller one of the whole of New York one that just shows midtown Manhattan in greater detail and a map of the subway system. The map folds down to about 4" to 8.5" is easy to read as the colours contrast well.

The Best Of
The Best Of
Price: 9.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Cher album, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
A good buy for someone just wanting Cher's earlier hits the only disappointment for me was I got you babe is a live version and not to great a version I would have preferred the studio version.

Silva EX Distance Pedometer pedometer - White/Turquoise
Silva EX Distance Pedometer pedometer - White/Turquoise
Price: 18.79

5.0 out of 5 stars step counter, 9 Jun 2013
This pedometer is simple to use and I found it to be very accurate too. It will give you distance covered as well but make sure you put in a accurate measurement of your steps to get the correct reading. If you just want to know the amount of steps taken this is ideal the buttons are easy to use and the readout clear and easy to see.

I Want Candy: the Best of
I Want Candy: the Best of
Price: 13.95

3.0 out of 5 stars I want more candy, 26 May 2013
A great band from the eighties so I thought I would buy this best of collection. I can only blame myself for not reading the track listings properly but there is no C30 C60 C90 go on the album I don't see how you can have a best of without their best (in my opinion) record. Still it was a good price but I would recommend anyone wanting to purchase this album checks the track listing first.

Punk Singles Collection
Punk Singles Collection
Price: 5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars The dickies collection., 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: Punk Singles Collection (Audio CD)
A great album each song performed at 100mph. The covers are fantastic the dickies give a new twist to some classics. A great introduction to a very good band you can't go wrong you would be bananas (splits) not to purchase this album.

NMD Njoy PE 40 inch bodyboard - Cyan
NMD Njoy PE 40 inch bodyboard - Cyan

5.0 out of 5 stars Surf the surf., 7 Aug 2012
I bought this to replace a cheaper board i used last year. It felt a lot more robust than the cheaper board although I did not feel it made it any more enjoyable. I would recomend you buy this if you want to go bodyboarding more than once a year or want a board to last several years. One thing the casual user may find off putting is you have to drill an hole in the board to fit a cord, the material is easy to drill but make sure you're confident you can do this without damaging your new board.

Alder Surf Poncho - Blue
Alder Surf Poncho - Blue
Offered by Surfdome
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars keeping warm on the beach., 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Alder Surf Poncho - Blue (Misc.)
Bought this robe for a beach holiday in uk. The robe was great plenty of room to change in and out of swim wear, Its also good for keeping warm when you have finneshed swimming surfing ect. I am 5ft 6ins and it comes just below my knees. A couple of niggles the head hole is a little tight also wash well before you use this for the first time loads of bits,But is fine once washed.

Mens 36" Nalu Full Length Wetsuit *Size Small* BLUE
Mens 36" Nalu Full Length Wetsuit *Size Small* BLUE
Offered by Mighty Oak Trading
Price: 27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nalu Wetsuit., 8 Aug 2011
Just back from a weeks holiday in Cornwall where I wore the Nalu wetsuit whilst body boarding. I am 5ft 5ins and about 10 stone 5lbs and the small wetsuit fit me very well. The suit performed really well and kept me warm I stayed in the sea for an hour and a half and still felt warm. Though when swimming rather than body boarding I did get a little cold water down the neck but this soon warms up. I wore the suit on six occasions for a total time of about 9 hours. On the last day I noticed the stitching was coming away in one seam a length of about 1.5ins although the seam had not come apart. For the money I think these wet suits are great value for a one off Holiday or occasional use, serious water sports enthusiast may need an expensive wetsuit but I was well pleased with the nalu.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle review., 29 Jan 2011
Five minutes after taking delivery of my Kindle I was downloading and reading books Its so simple. While in bed reading I had finished my book, no problem just connected to the store chose a new book and was immersed in a new read, no need to log on to a computer or transfer files. The choice of books for the Kindle is a little more limited than I thought it would be a lot of the authors I read are unavailable at the moment and I would like to see the price of some books come down a little ( Although there are many bargains to be had, Mostly out of copyright.) But this is no fault of the Kindle. I find the screen clear and easy to read the page turning is intuitive and quick, easier than turning the page of a real book. At just over a hundred Quid you can't go wrong.

Page: 1 | 2