Profile for example > Reviews

Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars just amazing, 15 Mar 2013
I can't believe some of the reviewers - I once sat through a 2 hour film with shadow puppets from the 1920's and I can only assume they have no horrifically boring film with which to compare the quality of others with - I mean visually alone this deserves at least 4 stars.
The story is as clean and adrenaline filled as the first - they simply have to get out alive - that is all the story line needs to be - but it actually makes some philosophical points as well - without going too matrix like it did before.
The fights scene with the zombies is visually perfect, and they added the best bits from the previous ones. Also they have mixed up the good and bad characters (via clones) which adds a layer of conflicting emotions to it.
I know we feel cheated as they won't conclude the thing - but this time I think I knew that from the beginning, and I do still care about Alice's - and her clones - plight. So this time I was just able to enjoy their task at hand (getting out alive), rather than thinking about the overarching story line - which I doubt will ever be concluded.
Ohh and underwater zombies! - My dreams have come true...

Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid (20th anniversary edition with a new preface by the author)
by Douglas R Hofstadter
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The fun of paradoxes, 3 April 2012
I am doing paradoxes in art for my Masters and this is a key book. I've always been fascinated in strange loops but terrible at maths, and so my mind tends to glaze over anything that veers into algebra - but he keeps it grounded in normal language for the layman to understand. Don't skip the forward for the republished version as it helps to know what his main argument is (because he says his book is often misunderstood), and it provides a background to take in the rest of the book.
I find it surprisingly easy to understand but then I could have misunderstood it and not know...

If you like paradoxes and the work of Escher you will love it.

Rediscover Grammar
Rediscover Grammar
by Prof David Crystal
Price: 18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars a newbie to grammar, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a teacher as I was having little breakdowns not knowing how to finish my work - 'should I write it this way or that?'- I was in endless deadlock. I love this book, I've no idea if it will improve my writing (I will find out when editing my dissertation), but I feel happier understanding what writing is, and how it works.

REPLACEMENT AC ADAPTER CHARGER 20V 3.25A FOR FUJITSU Siemens LAPTOP A1645 L1310G L7300 L7320 Li1705 M1451G pi1502 Pi1505 Si1520 Pro V3515 V5535 A4170 A4177 A4178 A4187 A4190 1451G Li 2727
Offered by Apro
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 9 Nov 2010
It works with my Li2727, I was worried because it was not exactly like the original but it works!
I don't know why two people found kimberley's review helpful, as it doesn't look reliable to me, she's only reviewed one thing, any way it works fine for me.

Critique of Judgement (Oxford World's Classics)
Critique of Judgement (Oxford World's Classics)
by Immanuel Kant
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars My Experience, 14 Oct 2010
I analysed one section of this book for an essay, and it did drive me a bit mad, but after I did it, I was able to understand all academic texts more, it does seem unfair at 1st that it is not written in a language most people understand as every 2nd word seems to encapsulate a concept, and then that concept has to be learnt in order to understand how the text is using that concept.
But really it is not the role writer to dumb down because most of the audience has not heard of these ideas, but more for the reader to learn them in order to understand how Kant is using them, he builds on these ideas and uses them to go further conceptually.

Samsung AEP402 Black
Samsung AEP402 Black
Offered by emartbuyuk
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars needed new ones because old ones fell apart, 2 Oct 2009
This review is from: Samsung AEP402 Black (Electronics)
It was the right one - you have to be careful not to get the smaller one with the yellow triangle and to clip(py) bits at it will be to small.
I just hope they don't fall apart like the last pair- a trick is to use a phone sock because the connection is so loose it falls out with any movement.
P.S. DON'T buy the Samsung U600 phone - its a disaster, but its now my disaster, forever!

Wuthering Heights (2009) [DVD]
Wuthering Heights (2009) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 7.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect heathcliff, 2 Sep 2009
I have watched the black and white version where Heathcliff is far too good and Cathy is to horrid - then the 90s version and Heathcliff is to dark to soulless - here he is perfect! -a good man who has a tortured soul, maybe it's the tears that makes him the best.
I do not know if this is accurate to the book which I have downloaded to read in a moment! But it has to be Tom Hardy who makes this the best version for me and the actress really makes Cathy unique in her voice and mannerisms.
Reading Emily Bronte died so young is heart breaking but to have Heathclicff in her head, to invent him, is a beautiful thing.