Profile for Henrik Lorenz > Reviews

Content by Henrik Lorenz

Henrik Lorenz "cross-tie walker" (Farum, Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2
Offered by AbundaTrade
Price: 0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT COLLECTION FROM A GREAT SINGER, 9 July 2010
This review is from: Collection (Audio CD)
Collection

Well, I must admit that it`s not so long time ago I heard Pam Tillis for the first time in my life. They do not play so much country music in the radio and on TV in my country Denmark. And if they do, it is always Dolly, Shania and Faith. But then I heard Pam and I said WOW. What a great singer. All of her albums are so strong. I am very happy that I now can call her one of my absolutely favourites.
This cd, COLLECTION, is off course, one of many best of/greatest hits. It contents the well-known MAYBE IT WAS MEMPHIS, ONE OF THOSE THINGS, THOSE MEMORIES OF YOU among others. But this great cd also includes 4 previosly unreleased recordings, including the very beautiful song TENNESSEE NIGHTS.
Absolutely a highly recommanded cd.

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Transmissions (CD+Book)
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Transmissions (CD+Book)
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars HISTORIC RECORDINGS - AND A BEAUTIFUL BOOK, 27 Jan 2010
Transmissions

When this cd arrived to me I was very surprised. It is like a book in cd-size. A book on 71 pages with the whole Creedence-history and a lot of beautiful pictures, really nice. The cd contens recordings from the Creedence-concert at Royal Albert Hall, London, 1970. `Bad Moon Rising`, `Proud Mary`, the very intense `Keep on Chooglin`` and 4 more songs. And, yes, if you want to see it, then put it in your computer and enjoy the concert with these 4 great boys. There is only one reason, I do not give it 5 stars. The sound is from 1970 and would sound better now if it was recorded in 2010 - off course. But I will absolutely recommand this enhanced cd/book to all Creedence-fan. And the prize is very fair.

Rollin On The River
Rollin On The River
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars LET`S ROLL TILL THE END OF TIME, 10 Jan 2010
This review is from: Rollin On The River (Audio CD)
Rollin' on the River

Well, I have been a fan of Creedence since I was a little kid, so if it was only the music I would give it 5 stars. All time favourites `Proud Mary`, `Travelin`Band`, and `Green River` is here. But also some other great Creedence songs is here, like `Sailor`s Lament`and `Born to Move`. And I will always recommend all Creedence-cds to other people, also this one. I just think they could have put some more songs on this cd. But I love the front cover. It shows the boat Proud Mary rollin`on the Missisippi. Great painting. Great music.

Price: 13.57

4.0 out of 5 stars WESTERN CARNIVAL, 10 Jan 2010
This review is from: Flying Dreams (Audio CD)
Flying Dreams

One of the songs on this cd is calling `Life is a Carnival`, and very often the music from Commander Cody brings you in a happy mood. Laughing. Just like when you are dancing and singing in the streets during a carnival. This cd is without The Lost Planet Airmen. It was released as a lp back in 1978. I found many of the songs very good. The funny rocking `Thank you Lone Ranger`, the swinging country-song `Talent Night at the Nashville Inn`, the vampire-rocker `Vampira` and the very beautiful ballad, `Dreams of Barbarella`. And the Commander are backed up by a great choir, including Nicolette Larson. It sounds great in the background, supporting Cody`s rusty voice. A very good cd.

Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Great Classic Albums of the 70`ties, 22 Nov 2009
The Witch Queen of New Orleans

I have always found, that Redbone was one of the finest American
rock-bands. They made some great albums back in the 70`ties. And this one 'The
Witch Queen of New Orleans`is absolutely a milestone. Starting with Native-American voices and rhythm in the songs `Message from the Drum`and `Niji Trance`.
The hit on this cd is off course the titlesong, the very swampy `The Witch Queen of New Orleans`. A great, great song. But also a couple of other, not so well-known songs, are among the best, I am thinking of `Jerico`and `One Monkey`.
On this cd, there is a bonus track. From the Potlatch cd they have put `Chant: 13`th Hour`, a great song, showing their Native-American roots. A great cd.

Just US
Just US
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just us, just the Marshall Tucker Band, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: Just US (Audio CD)
Just Us

This is one more of these albums from The MTB I really enjoy to listening to.
Well, I don`t think it will be a classic-cd, just like Carolina Dreams, Long Hard Ride etc. But again, put on your head-phones, and enjoy it. As usual there`s rocksongs and songs inspired of country and jazz in the Tucker-style. On this cd, there is 2 songs I really love. And that is A Place I`ve Never Been and When Love Begins To Fade. Again a really good album from MTB.

Still Smokin
Still Smokin

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep on smokin`, keep on rockin, 17 Sep 2009
This review is from: Still Smokin (Audio CD)
Still Smokin'`

After all these years, the Marshall Tucker Band is still on fire. Even they are only 2 left back from the original band, they continue to give us that strong rock-music in the best MTB-way. Founding members, Doug Gray and Jerry Eubanks, keep on rockin`, here on this cd with the help of newer members, guitarists Rusty Milner and Stuart Swanlund and bassist Tim Lawter among others. Enjoy songs like Frontline and Southern Spirit. But most songs on this cd is great songs and I love to put this cd on the cd-player. The Tucker-boys are still smokin'and still rockin' after all these years

Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and swinging music, 15 Sep 2009
This review is from: Gospel (Audio CD)
Gospel

One more great cd from South Carolina band, The Marshall Tucker Band.
This one is from 1999 - it means, it is the "new" MTB. Only singer
Doug Gray is left back from the original line-up.
But these guys play so well together, and I think for Doug Gray it is a masterpiece.
His voice is so great to these Christian songs. Many of the songs on this cd is what I call beautiful songs. But do not worry. In the traditional and well-known songs Going Down the Road Feeling Bad and the evergreen Will the Circle be Unbroken, MTB gives us some rock`n`roll. So even the music is with Christian words, it is also a really MTB-album.

Offered by MUSICMACHINE
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ROCK AND ROLL AT ITS BEST, 11 Aug 2009
John Fogerty - Rockin All Over The World

Here is one more dvd from Creedence-legend John Fogerty. It contents several live-recordings from USA and Europe. And off course with a lot of old Creedence-songs. Well, we have heard it all before. But here is something new I never seen and heard before. 8 songs recorded in 2005 where John is singing together with country-star Keith Urban and 9 songs recorded unplugged and plugged from 1997. The rest of the recordings here is from 2007. It is swinging and rocking and it is so great. And when I see this dvd, I am proud to be a John Fogerty-fan.

Dvd ~ John Fogerty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fogerty in an incredible good shape, 14 July 2009
John Fogerty - Live In Chicago

Incredible. Fogerty continue to play and sing like a young man. Such a joy shines from his eyes when he plays new and old material. This dvd is recorded at the end of 2007. It means that there is a lot of songs from his great 2007-cd Revival. But off course also a lot of the amazing songs from his past in Creedence Clearwater Revival. When you watch this dvd, you can really feel the happiness and energy from Fogerty and his fantastic band. And even I am not interrested in dancing, I must admit that I am thinking of the old Creedence song Born To Move, where Fogerty is screaming - Come on feet, teach yourself to move. And I can tell you all. My feet is shaking, when I enjoy this Live in Chicago dvd.

Page: 1 | 2