Profile for LJ > Reviews

Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith
Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith
by Aerosmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 25 May 2008
This book is an amazing read. It highlights the blood, sweat, tears, sheer determination and hard work it took for Aerosmith to reach the top of their game, their consequent fall and their rise again. With honest accounts of addictions and love lives this book is a must for not only Aerosmith fans but for anyone who is interested in the lives of rock bands.

Tommyland
Tommyland
by Tommy Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 25 May 2008
This review is from: Tommyland (Hardcover)
I read this after I read The Dirt and it took me a few chapters to adjust as the tone and style of the two books are totally different. However, it is a good read and Tommy Lee comes across as being nice, honest and genuine. Touching and amusing,recommended for Tommy fans.

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
by Tommy Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!!, 25 May 2008
This is by far the most entertaining rock autobiography I have read. These guys were insane!! The stories they tell are hilarious and also touching and the book is unputdownable. I definitely recommend this book for anyone with an interest in this genre.

Slash: The Autobiography
Slash: The Autobiography
by Slash

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book., 25 May 2008
I am a fan of GnR and was looking forward to reading this book and I was not disappointed. It appears to be an honest account of Slash's life and in my opinion he comes across as modest, intelligent and grounded. He gives a frank account of his addictions, his love of music and we are left knowing exactly what he thinks of Axl Rose (albeit written in a way that cannot be deemed as slanderous). Highly recommended for any fan of rock music.

The Long Hard Road Out of Hell
The Long Hard Road Out of Hell
by Marilyn Manson

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read., 25 May 2008
I am an avid reader of rock/metal autobiography and I have to say, although I am not a fan of Manson's music, this is by far one of the best I have read. It is crammed full of disturbing, entertaining and thoughtful insights into this man's life and a definite must have for any fan of the rock/metal genre.