Profile for Joshb91 > Reviews

Content by Joshb91

Joshb91

Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone (16GB, UK Sim Free Unlocked) - Marble White (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Mobile phone 4 U

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 8 July 2012
Felt the need to write a review for this product from the perspective of an iPhone user who upgraded to this device. I had the iPhone 4, had a week with this device and then took it back to the shop. I'll keep it simple with some good points and bad points, from the perspective of an iPhone user:

Good Points:

- Light for such a large phone
- Camera is very good quality
- Screen is nice, big and bright
- Live wallpapers and customisation is pretty cool
- Very good call quality

Bad Points:

- Poor stock keyboard, alternatives on Android aren't much better.
- Build quality for a £500 device is appalling, not on the same level as an iPhone. It feels like cheap, low grade plastic. Lights on bottom of device look cheap and tacky.
- The phone is simply too large for one handed operation (for most people at least), I'm a guy and have average sized hands and found the size of the phone unpractical. It also makes you a mugging magnet using it in the street.
- User interface is messy and simply not as polished as iOS, took me twice as long to find what I wanted.
- There was noticeable lag at times, an example being when I back up out of an app and the home screen takes a while to load widgets etc, this was something I did not experience on my iPhone, so I wouldn't expect it from a quad core phone.
- Device gets very hot when playing games to the point that it is uncomfortable.
- Consistently poor signal, worse than my iPhone 4.
- Number and quality of apps on Play Store not on same level as Apple App Store.

This device could have been so much better, however I feel it's all hype and no substance. My main issue is build quality, it feels cheap and plasticky - shocking for a £500 device. My advice for current iPhone owners is to take this into consideration before changing. I took mine back and I'm not back to using my iPhone 4 and waiting for the 5. I'm not an Apple fan boy, this device is just not worth the money. If you prefer Android, I'd take a look at the HTC One X which seems to have much better build quality.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2012 6:02 AM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking case, 13 April 2012
I was looking for a white case that would match well with my black iPhone 4 (I prefer the color white). I've tried cheaper alternatives and just wasn't satisfied, with this product you really do get what you pay for. The case itself is very nice looking, and the contrast between my black iPhone and the white of the case is particularly nice. It is a very tight, snug fit and it seems to provide pretty comprehensive protection. The plastic used is of a high quality and I have every confidence that, if I dropped my iPhone, it would survive unharmed.

Best quality iPhone case I've purchased, I'd definitely buy another CaseCrown again and recommend it to others.

White iPhone 4/ iPhone 4S Hard Logo Case + Free Screen Protector
White iPhone 4/ iPhone 4S Hard Logo Case + Free Screen Protector
Offered by Dragon Claw (15-25 shipping days)

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 5 April 2012
Yes, this case is very reasonable priced. However, I have to say it is the cheapest and nastiest case I have ever bought. The quality of the product is appalling:

- the white coloring on the back was stained with pieces of black
- the back of the case just looks like a fake iPhone, it is not remotely convincing as a white device
- the plastic used is of the cheapest quality possible
- The case is so tight, and poorly built with sharp edges, that it is VERY difficult to remove the device from the case, and my attempts resulted in scratches to my perfect condition iPhone.

The only positive I have to say is that delivery was very, very quick. But this is a product review, and it just wasn't up to standard.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for iPhone 4/4S - Electric Orange
Case-Mate Barely There Case for iPhone 4/4S - Electric Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 13 Feb 2012
This is an excellent case. Although it is somewhat expensive, it feels like a quality product and fits my device (iPhone 4) perfectly. It seems to offer good protection. However, I do question how protected the screen is going to be if I were to drop the phone as, unlike some other cases, it is exposed. I should also note that I purchased the 'electric orange' colour and it was much brighter and more luminous than I thought it would be. Overall though, an excellent quality case that really stands out and I would definitely purchase again, recommended.

I should add that as always delivery from Amazon was excellent - very speedy.