Profile for Guitar Gal > Reviews

Content by Guitar Gal

Guitar Gal (Greater London)

Tom Hardy - Dark Star Rising
Tom Hardy - Dark Star Rising
by James Haydock

2.0 out of 5 stars Substandard unofficial offering..., 6 Mar. 2013
I don't mind admitting that I'm a massive Tom Hardy fan, in fact I'm bordering-on obsessed with Britain's finest actor. So, you can imagine how excited I was to get my grubby hands on a book about the man himself. Excitement soon turned to disappointed however. This (quite obviously) unofficial book is an extremely amateur effort, obviously intended to cash-in on Tom's new-found star status last year when Dark Knight Rises was released. Never has a book gone off at so many tangents in order to fill pages. As I finally struggled to the last page - I realised I hadn't learned one new thing about Tom that I didn't already know. A real shame.

Snow White Indoor 20 Clear Fairy Lights
Snow White Indoor 20 Clear Fairy Lights
Offered by Right Goods Right Price

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless., 31 Dec. 2011
Beware - these lights are not as described. From the description you expect them to be a string of lights - nowhere does it mention that these fairy lights are in a loop connection and are pretty much useless. Poorly designed and good-for-nothing.

Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Ricky Gervais Live IV - Science [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Awful. Awful., 23 Aug. 2011
I've been a fan of Ricky Gervais since day one, since his days DJing on XFM in fact. I adored both the Office and Extras, split my sides laughing at all his previous live DVDs and even championed his Golden Globes hosting performances - then I watched this... Oh dear. I didn't laugh once. In probably the biggest fall from comedy grace ever - this is dire. REALLY, really dire. What has an hour of fat jokes have to do with Science? Gone are the days where his comedy was clever. This is cruel 'humour' - the type of 'humour' a comedian resorts to when they've lost their way. And on the strength of this, as the majority of other reviews attest -Ricky Gervais has definitely lost his way.

Long Weekend [DVD]
Long Weekend [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Caviezel

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 8 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Long Weekend [DVD] (DVD)
I like to give films with unfavourable reviews the benefit of the doubt. However, for once I wish I had listened. This is truly an abomination. I ended up winding forward to the end - just to check whether the dog was ok or not (didn't care about the rest of the characters). Avoid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2011 2:59 AM BST

Blackmail And Other Life Skills [Explicit]
Blackmail And Other Life Skills [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Punch-packing punk!, 28 Sept. 2009
I stumbled upon this band quite by chance one night at Soho's deepest darkest 12 Bar. Unlike today's new-fangled pretenders, these old school rockers hark back to a time when punk packed a proper punch. Prepare yourself for rapid'n'ragged guitars riffs, hypersonic drumming and blue streak bass-lines - not to mention their rabble-rousing songs - all played at breakneck speed. Album highlights including crowd-pleasers 'Drunk At The Wake', 'Wanna Pizza' and 'Kentucky Blue' show that this London three-piece don't take themselves too seriously - but that's not to say you shouldn't...

Tropic Thunder - Single Disc [DVD]
Tropic Thunder - Single Disc [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller
Offered by MediaMerchants

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cast - diobolical film., 13 April 2009
With a cast consisting of Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, Nick Nolte, Matthew Mcconaughey and Steve Coogan - you'd think this film would be nothing less than spectacular. In reality this film is so gut-wrenchingly unfunny and heart-breakingly disappointing that at the end of 102 minutes you feel utterly deflated. However, Tom Cruise's hilarious performance (sadly he only appears for a matter of minutes) is the one redeeming feature of this otherwise diobolical film.