Profile for Mike from Derby > Reviews

Content by Mike from Derby

Mike from Derby

Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6 (PC)
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Video studio x6 review, 22 July 2013
As I am new to editing I wanted something that the 'experts' would recommend at a price below £100.
I found a comparison site on the web and this pointed to a top 10. I chose video studio because it ticked the right boxes for me.
I found it reasonably straightforward to use and the manual very good if I needed to check anything. I completed a 1 hour edited wedding video for my niece and the family were very pleased with results.
I would certainly be happy to recommend it to someone who is computer literate, has used powerpoint or graphics software, and has the necessary intuition to try things out and learn from the experience.
I have used the following features:
Section headings, invitation objects, fade in out, music background, trimming or stretching clips, special effects, sound effects, photo insertion within the video, and video clips to make up the video.

Sony UWABR100 USB Network Adapter Bringing Wireless Internet Access to Your Wi-Fi Ready TV
Offered by KP ELECTRONICS

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony Wireless USB for Internet TV, 23 Dec 2010
Like previous reviews this item seems quite expensive but was paid for by the VAT I got back from Sony when I bought my 32" TV recently (November 2010).

Product works fine and is easy to setup. I'm quite impressed by picture quality and the lack of buffering when viewing the on-demand programmes you can access for free. There is no ITV player or 4oD from Sony yet, but you get You Tube, BBC iPlayer, LoveFilm and FIVE, along with an assortment of other less known channels.